Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolves fan

Nov 7, 2021
I haven’t been much to a live game this year but isnt that IN MUST WE TRUST on the billboard annoying. They must of played it like 5 times. When he celebrated is hattie in front of the Sarnia’s bench was a bit to much. Get some class kid. Your playing against a rebuilding team and it was 10-2. 5 penalties for him in the last 3 games. In must we trust my ass lol

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
I haven’t been much to a live game this year but isnt that IN MUST WE TRUST on the billboard annoying. They must of played it like 5 times. When he celebrated is hattie in front of the Sarnia’s bench was a bit to much. Get some class kid. Your playing against a rebuilding team and it was 10-2. 5 penalties for him in the last 3 games. In must we trust my ass lol
Although by definition they may be described as “men” by age (being 18 yrs old), but the immaturity of that celebration would suggest we are still watching a child who doesn’t understand the concept of good sportsmanship. Maybe they don’t teach that so much south of the boarder? As I also witnessed another 18yr old try to score a goal by going between his legs late in the game. Tons of talent but it’s gotta stop, you’re embarrassing yourselves and the team. At next level, you’ll need to answer for your actions…just saying. Big win, but the actions of a few took the joy out of the win.

Wolves fan

Nov 7, 2021
Although by definition they may be described as “men” by age (being 18 yrs old), but the immaturity of that celebration would suggest we are still watching a child who doesn’t understand the concept of good sportsmanship. Maybe they don’t teach that so much south of the boarder? As I also witnessed another 18yr old try to score a goal by going between his legs late in the game. Tons of talent but it’s gotta stop, you’re embarrassing yourselves and the team. At next level, you’ll need to answer for your actions…just saying. Big win, but the actions of a few took the joy out of the win
Although by definition they may be described as “men” by age (being 18 yrs old), but the immaturity of that celebration would suggest we are still watching a child who doesn’t understand the concept of good sportsmanship. Maybe they don’t teach that so much south of the boarder? As I also witnessed another 18yr old try to score a goal by going between his legs late in the game. Tons of talent but it’s gotta stop, you’re embarrassing yourselves and the team. At next level, you’ll need to answer for your actions…just saying. Big win, but the actions of a few took the joy out of the win.
Totally agree with you on Mania. If he would of took a regular shot he would of probably scored. Earlier in the game i seen him yelling at Dvorski. Not sure why but c’mon. Our first line is not the same like it was 2-3 months ago. Musty doesn't pass and Dvorski seems like he doesn’t want to be here no more. It used to be the best line in the league. I find Goyette needs to be back with Delic

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Totally agree with you on Mania. If he would of took a regular shot he would of probably scored. Earlier in the game i seen him yelling at Dvorski. Not sure why but c’mon. Our first line is not the same like it was 2-3 months ago. Musty doesn't pass and Dvorski seems like he doesn’t want to be here no more. It used to be the best line in the league. I find Goyette needs to be back with Delic
Sadly I have to agree with you fully.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Goals for scored per game:

0 - 2 games
1 - 3 games
2 - 1 game
3 - 13 games
4 - 8 games
5 - 8 games
6 - 7 games
7 - 7 games
8 - 4 games
9 - 2 games
10 - 1 game

I missed a game somewhere but that’s the gist

Reactions: PuckLucker

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Musty had a great game last night, needs this performance against stronger teams, his scoring stats are very good. Scoring on the penalty shot really change the momentum of this game.

Someone said he doesn't pass? his stats say otherwise, I find he passes too much, he made two great passes yesterday one to Villy and one Dvorsky.

Needs to improve his defensive game to get to next level but has been better. I don't mind the celebrations at all. The hatty celebration put a smile on my face, people are individuals, not everyone are the same. The adrenaline is pumping during a game I can understand the excitement, that is his personality.

Villeneuve, I always said if he gets his scoring he will be complete player, he has really come on strong in second half the season. He's such a strong responsible player and feel comfortable when he's on the ice. I feel he will really jump up the NHL Draft Rankings.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Totally agree with you on Mania. If he would have took a regular shot he would have probably scored. Earlier in the game i seen him yelling at Dvorski. Not sure why but c’mon. Our first line is not the same like it was 2-3 months ago. Musty doesn't pass and Dvorski seems like he doesn’t want to be here no more. It used to be the best line in the league. I find Goyette needs to be back with Delic
It’s possible Dvorsky is fed up with the immaturity of a few on the team. Mania yelling at him for what??? Should be the other way around when Mania served up a suicide pass to him in front of his own net causing the second Sarnia goal.

Dvorsky’s talent is very evident but maybe he’s frustrated with the lack of accountability maybe some minor league coaching etc…

Maybe he’s done with the OHL immaturity as a whole and just wants to play in more meaningful games like playoffs.

WJ

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Musty had a great game last night, needs this performance against stronger teams, his scoring stats are very good. Scoring on the penalty shot really change the momentum of this game.

Someone said he doesn't pass? his stats say otherwise, I find he passes too much, he made two great passes yesterday one to Villy and one Dvorsky.

Needs to improve his defensive game to get to next level but has been better. I don't mind the celebrations at all. The hatty celebration put a smile on my face, people are individuals, not everyone are the same. The adrenaline is pumping during a game I can understand the excitement, that is his personality.

Villeneuve, I always said if he gets his scoring he will be complete player, he has really come on strong in second half the season. He's such a strong responsible player and feel comfortable when he's on the ice. I feel he will really jump up the NHL Draft Rankings.
Great counter point. I’m old school and when up big I don’t like showing up your opponent. Agree on Villy.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Goyette is a better fit with Delic for sure but the problem is McCallum gives you very little on that line along with konyen imo. I'd like them to try Zacharie Giroux at some point on that line

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Goyette is a better fit with Delic for sure but the problem is McCallum gives you very little on that line along with konyen imo. I'd like them to try Zacharie Giroux at some point on that line
Which line are you referring to?
This has been used I think;
Musty-Dvorsky-Konyen
Giroux-Delic-Goyette
Walton-Villeneuve-McCallum
Walton is difficult to keep motivated. I wonder if playing him with Delic and Goyette would keep Walton engaged. Giroux could play bigger with Villeneuve and McCallum.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Which line are you referring to?
This has been used I think;
Musty-Dvorsky-Konyen
Giroux-Delic-Goyette
Walton-Villeneuve-McCallum
Walton is difficult to keep motivated. I wonder if playing him with Delic and Goyette would keep Walton engaged. Giroux could play bigger with Villeneuve and McCallum.
Walton with Delic and Goyette would give that line some needed size as well. I liked Pharand with Giroux, Villeneuve at the third guy maybe. I don't imagine they'd go with that as it would leave McCallum on the 4th, although I think come playoff time McCallum with Yearwood and Coughlan would be an effective line.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Goals for scored per game:

0 - 2 games
1 - 3 games
2 - 1 game
3 - 13 games
4 - 8 games
5 - 8 games
6 - 7 games
7 - 7 games
8 - 4 games
9 - 2 games
10 - 1 game

I missed a game somewhere but that’s the gist
Thanks for posting that, 50% of your games are 5 goals or more

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
We really need to split these lines back up. I don’t know why he felt the need to put the 3 back together, but we were much better before with Goyette and Delic running a line. I understand it’s harder with Giroux and Konyen out but 3 outta 4 losses and rapidly losing ground in the east is embarrassing.

Reactions: Wolves fan

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Very typical of a poorly coached team. Run rampant over a minnow, but when good teams show up- no answers.

At least the top guys will see some AHL time once they are out in the first round.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Two similar teams tonight. One had better execution. In a series against the general's the wolves would would be in tuff. Goaltending alone the would have the edge. Although Vandy has a decent game

It's just puzzles me why the coaches allow Dvorsky and Musty to play this game of keep away. Skating around the offensive zone with puck on stick for minutes on end.

It's counter intuitive. You have the 4 other players on the ice just waiting to see what you're going to do with the puck. The other team covers the other 4 players and then a turnover. That's not the way to play imo.

The generals play a good road game and play well enough to beat good teams on the road. Something I'm not sure wolves are capable of.

Anyway, it is what it is.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
The Wolves played against a better team arguably the best team in the east. I see Oshawa as a team built to cover every base and I would predict will win the eastern conference. The Gens went into the Soo last night and won in overtime then came into our barn and completely out played us in the third.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Not going to summarize what is already been said in here. However just too much ugly things happening out there. And when our talent doesn’t come through we have no other way of winning because the team isn’t coached that way. Just my opinion.

WJ

gngpstl

Mar 25, 2022
Sudbury
Just a few questions over the past two nights!
Where is Josh Hoover at after we did not see him in the Sarnia line up?
Also why was Chucky the back up tonight? Is Vondras hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese