Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I heard around 10 days for Konyen last Friday so if he’s not back this week he might be back Wed or hopefully next Friday at the latest. I saw Chucky walking with another player, he sure looked depressed. I don’t know why they don’t give him another chance.
As far as Vondras what do you guys expect? I told you he’s an import NHL drafted goalie (though he isn’t playing like it, lord knows what’s going on with him). It’s not hard to figure out they’re gonna give him every chance in the world, I’m sure his agent and Carolina or whoever were given certain assurances. The only thing is, they might not have a choice to not play him if this continues.
I’ve said all year goaltending will be our downfall, and I have no reason to be changing my mind right now.

Honestly Randy is a gentlemen. Not sure who can say a bad word about him. Loves what he does and is more dedicated than any imo.

WJ
I don’t get the hate for Randy. He’s all right.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
To come out as flat as they did is inexcusable! Especially after the horrid team effort on Sunday. The same old selfish penalties continued to hurt this team tonight.

By now you would think you would know better to not take any team lightly. On top of that a team accusing you for a bounty. Where was the motivation. Instead Barrie used the motivation. And full credits to them for outplaying, out hustling, out smarting, out skating, out goaltending us all game.

This team just can’t figure it out. And really what can they do at this point? Nothing it appears. Ball is in their court. I sense trouble in Wolvesland.

WJ
Yes, true but don’t forget you had three brutal goals. Take those away and its different hockey game, maybe the team picks it up. Lousy goaltending set the tone as it has often done this year. Oshawa is only three points behind us now though we do have one game in hand. Big game coming up Saturday..

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
They are playing like a bunch of youngsters without a leader. Maybe having a coach with some impact on the players would make a difference.:)

Paps has very close connections to Carolina so I'm sure there have been some promises made.
If I were Dario and my GM told me I have to play him because I have close ties to Carolina I would tell him then how about you head their at the end of the season.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
If I were Dario and my GM told me I have to play him because I have close ties to Carolina I would tell him then how about you head their at the end of the season.
It definitely seems like Papineau is willing to throw away the season to satisfy Carolina, as well as keep the coaching budget low for Papineau. two problems that could have been fixed.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
It definitely seems like Papineau is willing to throw away the season to satisfy Carolina, as well as keep the coaching budget low for Papineau. two problems that could have been fixed.
And the owner is more
About 5 dollar beer and the 5

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Zero Accountability. Different standards for certain players. This leads to tuning out a coach and divides a team. You can see it on the bench. There is no respect between coach and players.
Unless you're on the bench you have no idea ...stop talking out of your ass or speaking of what you think you see from the other side of the glass.

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Unless you're on the bench you have no idea ...stop talking out of your ass or speaking of what you think you see from the other side of the glass.
Where else am I supposed to watch from? Also isn’t this the forum to be able to speak what we think? I guess I offended the HFboard police

Reactions: justawolfan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Nothing but selfishness by Coughlan, team basically down to 3 lines with their inability to call players up.

Wolfie

Nov 3, 2023
Nothing but selfishness by Coughlan, team basically down to 3 lines with their inability to call players up.
Ken only plays 3 lines most games, with Mauro and Pryce glued to the bench. Maybe he will have to, I don't know, coach the team?

Reactions: Muskyslayer

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Sudbury native Karsen Chartier getting the start in front of his home town. We'll see if he has a better showing than he did when Sudbury visited the Sting in January.

Vandenberg with the start for Sudbury.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
? I think you would shit if you were well fed (not sure you’re familiar with that expression, but it should be self-explanatory ).

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I think some of you would do well to remember the great Derek McKenzie had even less control over the team last year. Most undisciplined team I’ve seen in decades.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think some of you would do well to remember the great Derek McKenzie had even less control over the team last year. Most undisciplined team I’ve seen in decades.
I've heard people on here say Derek was too discplines and ruined the team by benching McCallum for slewfooting a goalie, so I'm not quite sure what to believe anymore. This years team as certainly had more suspensions then last years for what it's worth.

Wolves also playing a man short tonight with no callups available to fill Coughlan's spot. Good roster management. Wondering why they can get one of Horgan, O'Dell, Jackson, SIgnoretti, Bruce, Chitaroni, etc into the lineup. Hell, put Krawchuk up on the wing, they clearly have no interest in him as a goaltender at this point haha.

Last edited:

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Good game...felt bad for Chartier but his defense left him out to dry. Good points night for some players.

Reactions: justawolfan

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Good game...felt bad for Chartier but his defense left him out to dry. Good points night for some players.
Sudbury has to be the team with the most double digit scoring in the league this year.
10 goals.
Anyone know how many 10 spots or better they've put up this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad