Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
As they should have been. NO reason to lose against this lineup tonight. Except for the goaltending of course and throw in the inability to execute and looking sick on the shootout.

Goaltending had nothing to do with it right:rolleyes:
Right! Besides the shootout undressing what goal was a bad goal? The PP goal through traffic? The 3 on 2 with no back check or the 4 on 2? Which goals are his fault?

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Right! Besides the shootout undressing what goal was a bad goal? The PP goal through traffic? The 3 on 2 with no back check or the 4 on 2? Which goals are his fault?
We have mastered scoring goals and have proved we are one of if not the best in the O. But until this team learns to prioritize goal prevention we are in trouble. IMO we play full throttle offence 100% of the time and prevention is an after thought. Same song, same results. We loose to a team we should consistently beat!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I agree, costly. But still an asset and we should see what the future will bring. I do believe Chucky needs to play.
I sadly don't think we'll see much of Krawchuk, his last outing he was given almost no chance before he was pulled.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The third was as brutal. Anyway, I’m not going back-and-forth on this.The results will speak for themselves. I’m entitled to my opinion, and unless I see something quite a bit different I think Papineau made a panic move again and greatly over paid for this guy and I don’t see him being much better, if at all than Krawchuck. He kind of throws himself at the puck and overplays quite a bit. Let’s see how many back to back saves he makes and he is always down. Those of you old enough might remember Palmateer that’s kind of who he reminds me of. If
Ultimately everything else aside if you don’t agree, the goaltending was the difference in this game I really don’t know what to to tell you wolf.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
The third was as brutal. Anyway, I’m not going back-and-forth on this.The results will speak for themselves. I’m entitled to my opinion, and unless I see something quite a bit different I think Papineau made a panic move again and greatly over paid for this guy and I don’t see him being much better, if at all than Krawchuck. He kind of throws himself at the puck and overplays quite a bit. Let’s see how many back to back saves he makes and he is always down. Those of you old enough might remember Palmateer that’s kind of who he reminds me of. If
Ultimately everything else aside if you don’t agree, the goaltending was the difference in this game I really don’t know what to to tell you wolf.
Your opinion on our goaltending is valid and I do respect it. I don’t know goaltending style other than being square to shooter and rebound control. You are more qualified to provide feedback. I focus on the play outside the crease.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
As we head into the deadline for player movement, I wonder if our OAs can be improved? In a league where your 20yr olds need to be difference makers, how do ours stack up? None played last night in OT. Are our OAs good enough for an all in run? Can they be trusted?

Reactions: howlman and MGOBlue

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As we head into the deadline for player movement, I wonder if our OAs can be improved? In a league where your 20yr olds need to be difference makers, how do ours stack up? None played last night in OT. Are our OAs good enough for an all in run? Can they be trusted?
There are better OAs than the wolves have for sure, but MacCallum and Anania should be kept imo as both are above average and long time wolves.

MGOBlue

Aug 27, 2018
Jesus.. Wish we wouldve pushed for West tbh. What a game.

Wolves need THAT kind of goaltending. We have to put chucky out there for at leas 1 more game. Best goalie on the team per statistics
West is not great and is an overager, how would trading for him make any sense? When Vondras comes back, 'Chucky' will never be seen again. All 3 goalies haven't been great, but spare me the 'he has the best stats' BS on a 5 game sample size. He plays with no confidence, stays way too deep in his net and it is hopeless every time he takes the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
It’s Vondras or bust and I’m not super confident about the odds. Forget any notion of getting another goalie it’s not gonna happen

There are better OAs than the wolves have for sure, but MacCallum and Anania should be kept imo as both are above average and long time wolves my

Although above average, If RP gets a chance to upgrade over McCallum you absolutely must have a look see. This isn't about feeling, it's about putting the best product on the ice to get to the MC.

Reactions: MGOBlue

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Although above average, If RP gets a chance to upgrade over McCallum you absolutely must have a look see. This isn't about feeling, it's about putting the best product on the ice to get to the MC.
Well #1 imo, Mayer for Goure or Punnet sending Goure wherever including waivers.

Then MacCalum for an OA goalie? Every team needs four ok goalies right?

A Mayer-Punnet 1st pair would be great.

Last edited:

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 2.37.30 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad