Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Villeneuve not making it is definitely a surprise. I’d say he’s better than Walton, but Walton has got the size on him.
Villy’s floor is safe for a 4th line role in the NHL at some point but Walton is way more skilled and his upside is huge.

Last edited:

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Villeneuve not making it is definitely a surprise. I’d say he’s better than Walton, but Walton has got the size on him.
Not to take away anything from Walton because he is most deserving; however, for Villeneuve not to be included is embarrassing for all NHL Scouts who had input. I’ve read names on the list that make me think politically motivated selections based on the teams that historically get league favouritism. Not sure about other leagues who plays like Villy? Name one player in the O. Any age.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Not to take away anything from Walton because he is most deserving; however, for Villeneuve not to be included is embarrassing for all NHL Scouts who had input. I’ve read names on the list that make me think politically motivated selections based on the teams that historically get league favouritism. Not sure about other leagues who plays like Villy? Name one player in the O. Any age.
theres as many forwards from sudbury as from london?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
This omission is a travesty!

WJ

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
yes, I think most London prospects are overrated, ie nichol but orielly is legit
I guess time will tell. Actually, I watched Nichol as a U16 and I loved his game. Just not to familiar with O’Rielly…don’t get me wrong, I wish all prospects well but something must be up. It started when he wasn’t invited to Hilinka. That was puzzling. Now this, what has Villy done that has turned scouts off. I can’t speak for everyone here in Sudbury, but he and his game are loved in the Old Barn in the Big Nickel.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Hard pass.

We shall see what Papineau decides to do. But you know full well if you are the Petes, starting point and main young piece you'd want coming back in a Beck/Mayer type blockbuster deal would be either Walton or Villeneuve. Both might be completely off the table for Papineau, we don't know. I'd assume for sure Villeneuve is a hard NO in any deal, he's going to be a playoff beast for the Wolves.

Fans may not like it, but don't be surprised if we see three separate package deals involving a Protz + picks package, Taylor + picks package, and Walton + pick package that nets the Wolves 3 to 4 new impact/veteran players. #ALLIN #GETITDONEPAPS

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Reactions: WolvesFanInNorthBay

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
We shall see what Papineau decides to do. But you know full well if you are the Petes, starting point and main young piece you'd want coming back in a Beck/Mayer type blockbuster deal would be either Walton or Villeneuve. Both might be completely off the table for Papineau, we don't know. I'd assume for sure Villeneuve is a hard NO in any deal, he's going to be a playoff beast for the Wolves.

Fans may not like it, but don't be surprised if we see three separate package deals involving a Protz + picks package, Taylor + picks package, and Walton + pick package that nets the Wolves 3 to 4 new impact/veteran players. #ALLIN #GETITDONEPAPS
I don't think Beck is the right piece for this team. I think, like most habs/leafs prospects, he get's very overrated. I know that's a very unpopular opinion on this board.

Reactions: hockeynorth

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
We should be targeting one or two of: Sova, Mayer, Smith, McCoy, Punnett, Leblanc twin on D
Ludwinski, Jelsma, Mellee, Dubois, Lavoie, Wakely, Romani upfront.
Smith, McCoy, Ludwinski, Wakley are probably my favorite names from that list. Each brings something the wolves lack a bit of. Will be interesting to see what they do, regardless.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
My wish list is

Sova, Buchinger, Nelson,Smith

Roobroeck, Guindon, Jelsma, Lavoie and Poitras if he comes down after WJC.

Biggest get is a real number 1 goalie.

Pretty sur we stick with our 3 OA’s

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
We should be targeting one or two of: Sova, Mayer, Smith, McCoy, Punnett, Leblanc twin on D
Ludwinski, Jelsma, Mellee, Dubois, Lavoie, Wakely, Romani upfront.

Mayer would be an upgrade on Toure and not too expensive compared to the others on your list. Dubois is big and is probably an upgrade on McCallum and can play on the wing. Get Beck involved in a bigger deal and the Wolves have almost everything they need. The fact all of these guys have won before would be a big boost to the room where very few have made it past round one.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
My wish list is

Sova, Buchinger, Nelson,Smith

Roobroeck, Guindon, Jelsma, Lavoie and Poitras if he comes down after WJC.

Biggest get is a real number 1 goalie.

Pretty sur we stick with our 3 OA’s

Buchinger is a nice wish but Guelph is almost certainly not selling, Poitras or not.
If we stick with our 3 OA's were not winning anything, we need an upgrade on at least 1.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Did a quick count, and it looks like the Wolves have 5 player cards remaining. If anyone wants to double check my math lol

Reactions: dirty12

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Did a quick count, and it looks like the Wolves have 5 player cards remaining. If anyone wants to double check my math lol
I get the same thing, 5 remaining, 4 if we convert Signoretti to a full card.

This is the big reason I don't think we add a goalie. Not going to burn yet another player card on the position. Also why we're likely to stick with the current OAs.

2nd Mississauga goal, Van Vliet needs to not chase like that on a 5 on 3, practically a free goal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad