Prospect Info: Stockton Heat and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He's a UFA, 24 years old and been given a single NHL game. Why is he staying?

Edit: I could have sworn I read he's UFA but Capfriendly has him as RFA with arbitration.

He's a 6th round pick that may have not even been drafted if not for the Flames taking a flyer. Seems to be enjoying his first real taste of pro success with the Heat. Should at the very least get a long look in training camp next year. Chemistry with Pelletier, hometown kid, track record of recent Heat graduates having success in the NHL, and they will definitely at least tender an offer.

Really plenty of reasons for Phillips to stay. Doesn't really compare to a Valimaki situation.

Last edited:

dorsku

May 20, 2013
Hey guys. How has Eetu Tuulola played this season? Has he gained any speed which has been his weakness earlier? Rumours says that he's coming to Finland next season.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hey guys. How has Eetu Tuulola played this season? Has he gained any speed which has been his weakness earlier? Rumours says that he's coming to Finland next season.

Yes he has gained speed since last year. Much more efficient powerful stride. He played pretty well as a depth player for the Heat. Not quite at 0.5 ppg but flirted with it for the most of the year.

Unsure if they'll offer him a contract but I hope they do, he is built like a truck and is a load to handle on the boards. Not a lot of guys like him in our system.

Reactions: dorsku

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pelletier opens the scoring with a SHG on a breakaway.

MEP blooooows by a Bakersfield defender and roofs a backhand a couple minutes later.

Bakersfield gets 1 off Valimaki's pants. Seems like every game I watch Wolf gets scored on off his own dman.

Duehr puts the Heat back up by 2 after some nice forechecking from Froese and Tuulola.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Heat win 3-1, pretty even game honestly. Wolf just >>> Skinner

MEP was terrific, best game I've seen him play. All over the ice skating his ass off. Really impressed by him in this one, much more so than Zary.

Pelletier and Phillips also quality. Pelletier was a pick I kind of was lukewarm on but he's won me over. Absolute gamer. Flames going to keep getting draft value out of smaller talented players because the rest of the league I guess is just too focused on tall and thicc bois.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't be so sure. With having to pony up some big dollars for Gaudreau and Tkachuk as well as Bread and Kylington this offseason I think the Flames will want to hang on to their cheap NHL ready talent. Not super likely all of Jarnkrok, Ritchie, Lewis, Zadorov, or even Gudbranson will be back. Just not enough cap. Going to force them to graduate some farm players and Phillips has got to be at the top of that forward pile.
What’s the point if Sutter has no intention to use him?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What’s the point if Sutter has no intention to use him?

Gaudreau, Mangiapane, and Kylington are all smaller players and they all just had career years under Sutter. He's just more traditional in how he wants his teams to look.

Scoring line
Scoring line
Checking line
Ground and Pound ugly 4th line

Phillips isn't going to fit on a heavy boardwork 4th line, but there should be at least one spot next year in the middle 6 and possibly two. Plus there's no reason to just give up on an asset that doesn't cost anything but money and a contract spot.

Reactions: DFF

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
The Saint John Sea Dogs (w/ 3 Flames prospects: Poirier, Francis, Kuznetsov) were upset in the first round of the QMJHL playoffs by Rimouski last night.

Their season isn't done yet though as they are the Memorial Cup hosts this year.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The Saint John Sea Dogs (w/ 3 Flames prospects: Poirier, Francis, Kuznetsov) were upset in the first round of the QMJHL playoffs by Rimouski last night.

Their season isn't done yet though as they are the Memorial Cup hosts this year.
Thats gotta be disappointing for the team as hosts, but also for the experience for our guys.
Kerins is also 1 game away from being done, but he may join the Heat.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Bounces R Way has seen more Heat games, but Walker was with the big club for a stint after camp already this year. You'd have to think his chances increase next year, especially since he is a good fit to start on the 4th line, where a few of our most ready guys are fits for scoring lines only.
I'd bet on him playing for the Flames next year, but limited scoring for a bit.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Holy crap, is this guy actually 6'8?? Either an absolute monster or the next Hunter Smith
Adam Klapka Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Tre and Sutter like:
1652714823611.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad