Prospect Info: Stockton Heat and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Coronato will be returning to Harvard next year. Sounds like he might make the jump in the following season

Probably the best thing for him. Not the biggest guy and the NCAA schedule allows for lots of time in the gym with paid team trainers. Plenty of evidence going back for your sophomore season is a great idea for NCAA draftees.

Reactions: Nanuuk and Volica

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Probably the best thing for him. Not the biggest guy and the NCAA schedule allows for lots of time in the gym with paid team trainers. Plenty of evidence going back for your sophomore season is a great idea for NCAA draftees.
Name me 1 high skilled winger in the Flames history that went back to the ncaa as a sophomore and became our best player?

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Name me 1 high skilled winger in the Flames history that went back to the ncaa as a sophomore and became our best player?
Gaudreau’s freshman year: 0.48 goals per game, 1.00 points per game
Coronato’s freshman year: 0.53 goals per game, 1.06 points per game

No context needed at all here because it would get in the way of the hype.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Heat battle back to tie the game against the Henderson Silver Knights. Kinda funny they apparently scored at 6:51 and play continued all the way to like 2:00 left in the game. Stockton has honestly dominated the entire game other than the first 5 minutes but the Silver Knights goalie has stood on his head and Werner hasn't been very good. Have put 41 shots on em and I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson has blocked that many either.

and Froese wins it for the Heat in OT. Not the best performance from Pelletier and Phillips but they both drew a lot of penalties, Gawdin is quite a step down from Ruzicka. Zary and MEP looked good. Kirkland and Duehr were also decent. Kinnvall was fantastic other than one bad giveaway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
With Ontario losing tonight, Heat can clinch 1st in their division, earning a 1st rnd bye tonight.
Currently 1-1 vs Abbotsford.
I noticed Chechelev was called up and playing, maybe just giving Wolf a rest?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
With Ontario losing tonight, Heat can clinch 1st in their division, earning a 1st rnd bye tonight.
Currently 1-1 vs Abbotsford.
I noticed Chechelev was called up and playing, maybe just giving Wolf a rest?

Maybe seeing if Chech is better than Werner. Which really shouldn't be too hard.

Matthew Phillips with the first 30G season in Heat history. Great pass from Pelletier, his 3rd assist of the game.
Chechelev gets an A heh.

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's almost like we learned how to draft competent players.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe seeing if Chech is better than Werner. Which really shouldn't be too hard.

Matthew Phillips with the first 30G season in Heat history. Great pass from Pelletier, his 3rd assist of the game.
Chechelev gets an A heh.
KC didn't make the postseason, so Cheech is probably with the Heat now as insurance.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
When is Matthew Phillips going to become a full time NHLer?

He is easily the player I'm most excited to see play in the NHL, and should have the talent to play on the main team.

Reactions: cheechoo

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
When is Matthew Phillips going to become a full time NHLer?

He is easily the player I'm most excited to see play in the NHL, and should have the talent to play on the main team.
Sadly probably not with the Flames, short of a string of injuries on the big club during playoffs. He's a UFA this summer and will likely be a Czarnik style signing for an NHL team.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sadly probably not with the Flames, short of a string of injuries on the big club during playoffs. He's a UFA this summer and will likely be a Czarnik style signing for an NHL team.

I wouldn't be so sure. With having to pony up some big dollars for Gaudreau and Tkachuk as well as Bread and Kylington this offseason I think the Flames will want to hang on to their cheap NHL ready talent. Not super likely all of Jarnkrok, Ritchie, Lewis, Zadorov, or even Gudbranson will be back. Just not enough cap. Going to force them to graduate some farm players and Phillips has got to be at the top of that forward pile.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I wouldn't be so sure. With having to pony up some big dollars for Gaudreau and Tkachuk as well as Bread and Kylington this offseason I think the Flames will want to hang on to their cheap NHL ready talent. Not super likely all of Jarnkrok, Ritchie, Lewis, Zadorov, or even Gudbranson will be back. Just not enough cap. Going to force them to graduate some farm players and Phillips has got to be at the top of that forward pile.
He's a UFA, 24 years old and been given a single NHL game. Why is he staying?

Edit: I could have sworn I read he's UFA but Capfriendly has him as RFA with arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad