Prospect Info: Stockton Heat and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Heat's season ends against the Chicago Wolves in game 6 losing 3-0. Stockton wasn't particularly good or particularly bad in this game but clearly the 2nd best team on the ice. Wolf played great, 1st goal he had absolutely no chance on after 3 Stockton players decide to take the puck carrier and leave a guy wide open backdoor. 2nd goal was a nice move on a breakaway with about a minute left in the game to put it to bed and the 3rd was a EN. Stockton went 0/5 on the PP, Chicago's goalie made some big saves but the Heat didn't get enough open looks.

Phillips was our best skater. Nobody else really stood out, Gawdin and Tuulola were alright. Pelletier looked hurt and worn out for most of the series. Zary makes a lot of good plays but just as many bad ones. Valimaki, Welinski, and Mackey were decent. Poolman and DeSimone were awful. Really nice season for the Heat, lots of guys took a step. Missing Ruzicka hurt them a lot, but good to see the farm team battle back after being down 3-0 in this series. Looking forward to catching some of their games in Calgary next season.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kuznetsov and Poirier in Memorial Cup action on TSN right now. Kuz looks much better than he did in the AHL, great skater for his size, has a pt in this one and scored last game. Poirier creates a ton with his hands and really like the way he rushes the NZ.

Also Ryan Francis had a 3pt game in game 1 for the Sea Dogs :|

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Kuznetsov and Poirier in Memorial Cup action on TSN right now. Kuz looks much better than he did in the AHL, great skater for his size, has a pt in this one and scored last game. Poirier creates a ton with his hands and really like the way he rushes the NZ.

Also Ryan Francis had a 3pt game in game 1 for the Sea Dogs :|

Never stopped being a Kuznetsov fan. He's got 2nd pairing LD written all over him.

TheButcher90

Sep 19, 2019
Sea dogs won the memorial cup. Did our trio of prospect look good after all ?
I was able too only watch there first game

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sea dogs won the memorial cup. Did our trio of prospect look good after all ?
I was able too only watch there first game

It's only two now since they decided to not sign Francis for some reason. I think he was the most impactful of the three in the Memorial Cup.

Kuznetsov was very solid, moves well and rarely makes a mistake. Doesn't really offer too much in the OZ but was getting shots through.

Poirier has improved his defensive play from the last time I watched him. Which brings it up from 5 alarm terrible to just not good. High event defenseman. Still reaches and guesses more than you'd like but his transition work and him walking the blueline suggests he'll put up points no matter where he plays.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
People need to chill on Wolf. Don't forget we had Brent Krahn and Trevor Kidd too.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
People need to chill on Wolf. Don't forget we had Brent Krahn and Trevor Kidd too.

Kidd was 32 years ago.
Krahn was 22 years ago.

Player scouting has come a long way since then. It's been a minute since Calgary's had this level of goalie prospect. Leland Irving was probably the closest to this, and even then, that was 15 years ago :laugh::laugh:

I've said it before, if he follows his current trajectory, he's going to be a special player. If he doesn't, which could very well happen, he won't. No point gatekeeping which prospect people can get excited over.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He has more intrigue about him than Gillies and Parsons, that's for sure. He's a Flames goalie so he's not exactly a can't-miss prospect but I'm very optimistic about him

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Curious about the status of Pavel Karnaukhov since he is still on the Flames' reserve list and was one of the players mentioned in the Russia military scandal.

He was part of CSKA's Gagarin Cup championship team last year and played for Russia in the Olympics.

Was he looking to return to North America or were there other factors?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Curious about the status of Pavel Karnaukhov since he is still on the Flames' reserve list and was one of the players mentioned in the Russia military scandal.

He was part of CSKA's Gagarin Cup championship team last year and played for Russia in the Olympics.

He any good?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

No idea.
But how wild is it that Kaprisov went a single pick before this dude.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I remember being drafted, and that is my only memory of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese