STHer thread

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
If they ran the team like they run Pantherfest we'd be set. Just got this tweet from the Panthers Barkys a gem.

That dog gets around

96C2383D-0B8E-450E-8615-F9C76D335347_zpscrj8qlcj.jpg

My wife got to get her fan girl on

762EBA5B-84BB-4108-8C2D-E8C3833A5ABA_zpsfhmxvpna.jpg

Not sure what she did to **** Jagr off. Looks ready to kill someone.

A5254BFD-ECEE-4995-8469-9FD6EC3E6107_zpsubi6wcr8.jpg

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If they ran the team like they run Pantherfest we'd be set. Just got this tweet from the Panthers Barkys a gem.

That dog gets around

96C2383D-0B8E-450E-8615-F9C76D335347_zpscrj8qlcj.jpg

My wife got to get her fan girl on

762EBA5B-84BB-4108-8C2D-E8C3833A5ABA_zpsfhmxvpna.jpg

Not sure what she did to **** Jagr off. Looks ready to kill someone.

A5254BFD-ECEE-4995-8469-9FD6EC3E6107_zpsubi6wcr8.jpg

I will always cherish that Barky smile picture. We will probably never see that again.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Not going to lie I'm pretty upset because I feel I got slighted at the event. I got in line for Jagr's signature right as I entered the arena. Waited 90 mins to get an autograph and he started signing only one thing per person literally 3 people in front of me. It's frustrating and I atleast got something so I'm not here stewing. I just think we need to stop allowing photos, thats what really eats up all the time at this event. If they outlawed selfies at this event, everyone could get an autograph from the entire team. Too many people had to pick and choose which players, and thats a shame.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Not going to lie I'm pretty upset because I feel I got slighted at the event. I got in line for Jagr's signature right as I entered the arena. Waited 90 mins to get an autograph and he started signing only one thing per person literally 3 people in front of me. It's frustrating and I atleast got something so I'm not here stewing. I just think we need to stop allowing photos, thats what really eats up all the time at this event. If they outlawed selfies at this event, everyone could get an autograph from the entire team. Too many people had to pick and choose which players, and thats a shame.

Chalk it up to another reason I'm no longer there in that capacity. Jagr is mocking me in that picture.

Would it kill them to say...split the events up into different dates, for 10-20 mins after a game, maybe a bit longer for afternoon games, so as throughout the season every seat reserved for the season gets a picture and 2 or 3 autographs (GOD FORBID YOUR SEASON SEAT HOLDERS MIGHT EVER WANT ONE TO JUST MAKE A COUPLE BUCKS IN THE FUTURE) per player seat. Do it by appointment. There's many easy ways to divide and plan that. With any logic and effort no way would be wrong, except to not give back to those who invest for no return.

Just one of the many stupid poorly thought out ideas I've gotten after years surrounded by failures of all kinds….

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Chalk it up to another reason I'm no longer there in that capacity. Jagr is mocking me in that picture.

Would it kill them to say...split the events up into different dates, for 10-20 mins after a game, maybe a bit longer for afternoon games, so as throughout the season every seat reserved for the season gets a picture and 2 or 3 autographs (GOD FORBID YOUR SEASON SEAT HOLDERS MIGHT EVER WANT ONE TO JUST MAKE A COUPLE BUCKS IN THE FUTURE) per player seat. Do it by appointment. There's many easy ways to divide and plan that. With any logic and effort no way would be wrong, except to not give back to those who invest for no return.

Just one of the many stupid poorly thought out ideas I've gotten after years surrounded by failures of all kinds….

Just wondering, what's an afternoon game? Even a Sunday game was at 7:30pm. Guess they don't want to work on a new generation of fans.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
For anyone who goes to events like this.

Does Trocheck ever even pretend like he wants to be there? I've never seen a picture of him giving an even decent fake smile.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Yikes it must be getting tougher get people to renew my rep just called me and tried to get me on the phone with Tallon to renew. I told her I didn't want to waste his time. I hate that kind of BS to try and twist my arm.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Yikes it must be getting tougher get people to renew my rep just called me and tried to get me on the phone with Tallon to renew. I told her I didn't want to waste his time. I hate that kind of BS to try and twist my arm.

Should've taken it and discussed coaching options

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
My luck I would have gone fanboy and ended up with 4 seats instead of 0. I like Tallon a lot but who knows who is in charge anymore. Other than Viola who has final say on anything.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
A rep called me about an hour ago (not my normal rep) and asked if I was renewing and I said more than likely not, after being a STH for 17 years. He didn't offer up Dale to me!

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
A rep called me about an hour ago (not my normal rep) and asked if I was renewing and I said more than likely not, after being a STH for 17 years. He didn't offer up Dale to me!

I got a call a little earlier from someone who wasn't my normal rep but I couldn't pick up and they left a message. Then my normal rep called with Dale. I've had tickets for 10 years so you should have gotten dibs on Dale. LOL

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
My internal conflict is this:

What if we all decided to not renew. We all decided we are done with mediocrity.

No ones win if they leave town.

I'd rather have a losing hockey team than no hockey team.

It feels like I am throwing money out the window at this point.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
My internal conflict is this:

What if we all decided to not renew. We all decided we are done with mediocrity.

No ones win if they leave town.

I'd rather have a losing hockey team than no hockey team.

It feels like I am throwing money out the window at this point.

I don't see Bettman letting them pick up and leave. I think it's pretty ****** that fans who are "on the fence" get to talk to Tallon and my salty a$$ (that renewed early on) doesn't get a call. Whatever.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I got a call a little earlier from someone who wasn't my normal rep but I couldn't pick up and they left a message. Then my normal rep called with Dale. I've had tickets for 10 years so you should have gotten dibs on Dale. LOL

I said that 2 playoff appearances in 17 years is not good. All he had to say was "have you thought about a Half season?" To which I replied that I had and my rep had told me that the tickets would go up to $34 per seat (I have 2 seats) and I would have to pay $15 per game for parking. I currently pay $30 per seat and I get the parking for free. That ended the conversation.

The thing is that I do realize that the price for my seats is very cheap compared to other teams. But most of the other teams are good and of course they don't have Elmer Fudd for a coach.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
My parents owned Subway franchises and would hate to know they lost a regular who would come in and spend even $15 a week. Losing a 17 year STHer would feel so bad, good on you guys for standing up, for at least a season, but as someone above posted, if no one renews... yeah.

My question is, what was the breaking point for you long termers for not renewing, and what would bring you back?

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Not knowing who the coach will be is huge, and there appears to be a good chance that Elmer Fudd will be back. The other issue is that it appears that the "new D" pick ups are a complete failure for the money spent. The zone D is a joke and the stats prove it.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
My question is, what was the breaking point for you long termers for not renewing, and what would bring you back?

We don't quite fit your question as we did renew. We felt about halfway through that this season was a loss. But, we have hope in this group that with a solid coach they will play up to their potential, which IMO is a playoff team.

However, one more season out of the playoffs and it will be time to buy a 65 inch TV and pick and choose games on StubHub.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
My parents owned Subway franchises and would hate to know they lost a regular who would come in and spend even $15 a week. Losing a 17 year STHer would feel so bad, good on you guys for standing up, for at least a season, but as someone above posted, if no one renews... yeah.

For me it was finally watching the team trend up after a bunch of crappy years and them changing everything about the team. Tallon built the team to play a certain way and it seems like they tried to put a bunch of square pegs into round holes. All the losses at home, Rowe, Cifu running his mouth, and the team being soft I can't stand seeing a team get pushed around and this team gets pushed around a lot.

Things to get me back #1 a coach, one voice from management, and figure out a way to fix the defense they need 1 or 2 guys with a mean streak. Its just been a terrible season as a STH the walks of shame have sucked.

The thing is that I do realize that the price for my seats is very cheap compared to other teams. But most of the other teams are good and of course they don't have Elmer Fudd for a coach.

That's not a very nice thing to say about Elmer Fudd what did he ever do to you?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
My rep called and the story line is that the FO people know that the coach is the main missing piece and SUPPOSEDLY that's what they're working on at the HIGHEST levels.

------

Somebody asked about people's breaking point. Mine is that the home record is a losing one. If it's 16-17-1 this season, then mine (not being able to go to all games, and with mixed luck selling tickets at the cheapest price allowed) is probably 4-9-1. It's over an hour away and I hate losing 2 of 3.

I'm almost surely not renewing. Y'all can thank me if the team turns around.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
My rep called and the story line is that the FO people know that the coach is the main missing piece and SUPPOSEDLY that's what they're working on at the HIGHEST levels.

------

Somebody asked about people's breaking point. Mine is that the home record is a losing one. If it's 16-17-1 this season, then mine (not being able to go to all games, and with mixed luck selling tickets at the cheapest price allowed) is probably 4-9-1. It's over an hour away and I hate losing 2 of 3.

I'm almost surely not renewing. Y'all can thank me if the team turns around.

Interesting.

Should have brought up Joyce and Werier too :) say how Tallon should be leading solo

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Talked to Tallon way back when just after he was hired. Welcomed him to the team and gave him my thoughts about what priorities we should have and what the team needed most. His response was: "I'm not a f***in miracle worker"

I might be in the minority here but I have very little respect and sympathy for Tallon and the management staff. You've had many years to make this team a winner and it just hasn't happened. I don't blame people for not wanting to renew. Basically have been totally ignored this whole season and the interests of ownership and management is the only thing that matters apparently. We always act like we are on the same level as the teams in the big markets that have had success but the reality is that we are not. We should always be working harder than the teams in New York, Chicago, Pennsylvania, etc to get better cause the reality is that we haven't had much success since 1996 and that needs to change in order for this franchise to be sustained and have immense fan support. Winning is everything.

Last edited:

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
I know there are multiple threads about Rowe and his performance. I just wanted to chime in here and say that the upcoming season will be my 7th season as a STH. If they allow Rowe to continue with this club in any facet, I will be taking my money elsewhere. Not in the mood to be driving an hour fighting traffic from Kendall to watch sub-optimal **** on the ice.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Listening to Caldwell on the Big O Show he said they have renewed just over 70% of their season seat owners fom 16-17. So they've lost @ 25% of SSO's, no wonder they put Tallon back in charge. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad