STHer thread

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
This is my fourth season being a SSO and last summer, my wife and I had a baby so going to the games hasn't been easy this season and financially it's put a big drain on us. I had intentions of renewing as it's awesome to go to the games and partake in the special events as well as receive the discounts compared to just going to individual games. I did expect prices to go slightly up, which my seats went up $3 per seat each game, but I still wasn't happy when I heard they were going to now charge $10 each game for parking.

I went home last night and crunched some numbers to see if we could afford tickets again. I assumed that I'd be paying an extra $440 for the parking now too. After going back and forth, we agreed to just go with it and renew. Especially, since I saw those 30-day prizes and have higher expectations for next season. It really pays to be a SSO come playoff time assuming they make it next April.

Turns out, parking will continue to be free for me since I renewed early enough last season, so I'll be back for a fifth season. Honestly, I couldn't be more excited with the future and was stoked to renew once again :nod: I can totally see after a up and down season like this why some fans wouldn't.

I think if you were a SSO before Feb of 2016, parking is free and we are grandfathered in. I know how easy it is to park across the street and walk over, but the free parking is a big plus. I think the team will get better as well and since the team doesn't give away cheap or free tix like the past, it's worth it to be a SSO.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think if you were a SSO before Feb of 2016, parking is free and we are grandfathered in. I know how easy it is to park across the street and walk over, but the free parking is a big plus. I think the team will get better as well and since the team doesn't give away cheap or free tix like the past, it's worth it to be a SSO.

Free parking is by far the biggest perk of them all. Sure. You can park across the street at Sawgrass for free, but it can be tough to find spots if you're running late or for a game with a big crowd on a Saturday night.

I think more people that are on the fence may renew if we somehow earn a playoff spot, but for now, many have the "Show me first." attitude. Had they had renewals go out two weeks ago before Barkov and Huberdeau came back, many may not have thought about doing so. They're a completely different and better team when healthy, which is what makes me feel positive for the future.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Free parking is by far the biggest perk of them all. Sure. You can park across the street at Sawgrass for free, but it can be tough to find spots if you're running late or for a game with a big crowd on a Saturday night.

I think more people that are on the fence may renew if we somehow earn a playoff spot, but for now, many have the "Show me first." attitude. Had they had renewals go out two weeks ago before Barkov and Huberdeau came back, many may not have thought about doing so. They're a completely different and better team when healthy, which is what makes me feel positive for the future.

I hope you STHs get rewarded with playoffs again this year.

Our fanbase deserves it.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
I hope you STHs get rewarded with playoffs again this year.

Our fanbase deserves it.

I used to go to games for $5 a ticket when we were ******. When they traded for Jagr my sis and i bought the remaining season tickets and have invested since.

I believe mgmt is legit trying to sign top players and win even tho theyre losing money. From a fan perspective, its not about W-L, but as long as they try and mgmt has shown to me they are. If they didnt re sign guys like Hubs, Tro, Smith, or splash in FA for guys, Id be less inclinced to renew.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I just joined the SSH ranks. My rep gave me the promo code to use within the account manager to purchase additional discounted tickets but for every game it says nothing available. Is anyone able to purchase additinal tickets through their account manager?

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
I just joined the SSH ranks. My rep gave me the promo code to use within the account manager to purchase additional discounted tickets but for every game it says nothing available. Is anyone able to purchase additinal tickets through their account manager?

You should be able to purchase tickets. I've done it numerous times. Make sure the code works and then it'll bring you to area to choose seats. It does work, maybe it's down for maintenance or code is wrong.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I re-upped yesterday.

Going to move seats to something cheaper though as my current seats had an increase of $12/Game I was not willing to pay.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
I re-upped yesterday.

Going to move seats to something cheaper though as my current seats had an increase of $12/Game I was not willing to pay.

$12? That's a big increase. I thought they only raised seats 3-5 bucks across the board. I'm in row1 upper deck, but Im gonna try to move to row 2 and save some money.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
You should be able to purchase tickets. I've done it numerous times. Make sure the code works and then it'll bring you to area to choose seats. It does work, maybe it's down for maintenance or code is wrong.

ive tried multiple times all day it keeps telling me nothing available for any game for the rest of the season.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
ive tried multiple times all day it keeps telling me nothing available for any game for the rest of the season.

Did you become a SSO for this year, or next year? If it's for next season, you might not be able to buy tickets to this years game. I would e-mail or call ticket rep and kindly ask to get it fixed so you don't miss out of more games or discounted tickets.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Did you become a SSO for this year, or next year? If it's for next season, you might not be able to buy tickets to this years game. I would e-mail or call ticket rep and kindly ask to get it fixed so you don't miss out of more games or discounted tickets.

This year

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
When has this SSH Ranks thing started? This is the first I'm hearing about it.

Ohhhhh. He means he joined the "ranks" like he's a new SSH joining the team.

I would like to see a tenure based system. Give something special for 5+ 10+ 15+ and 20+. Going on year 7 next season after I renew on friday.

Last edited:

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
Ohhhhh. He means he joined the "ranks" like he's a new SSH joining the team.

I would like to see a tenure based system. Give something special for 5+ 10+ 15+ and 20+. Going on year 7 next season after I renew on friday.

I believe this should be something as well. I'm not sure what would the "rewards" be, but I believe SSO should be rewarded with promotions based on tenure.

Everyone is a fan and no one is better than anyone, but management showing appreciation to those who have been with the team for X amount of years to me seems like a good idea.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Anybody else having a hard time wanting to renew this year? Today is the last day for the bonus Panther bucks but not sure that is worth it to renew. I want to know who is going to be the coach because I'm sorry but no way I want to renew if Rowe is coming back.

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
Anybody else having a hard time wanting to renew this year? Today is the last day for the bonus Panther bucks but not sure that is worth it to renew. I want to know who is going to be the coach because I'm sorry but no way I want to renew if Rowe is coming back.

I felt the same way, especially the part about this coach being behind the bench next year. But in the end it's the players you come to see. But I sure do hope that there's a different guy pulling the strings next season. Was a big mistake to go with this guy this year. In my opinion he's been part of the problem not part of the solution.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Not renewing for next year because of 2 things. Wedding to pay for and I'm not sure how this whole thing will play out next season. I already feel like my money was wasted this season.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I upgraded to full season in a more expensive section for next year. Yeah the play has been mediocre to bad this year but the benefits and the way ownership treats fans plus our awesome rep keeps me coming back

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
I upgraded to full season in a more expensive section for next year. Yeah the play has been mediocre to bad this year but the benefits and the way ownership treats fans plus our awesome rep keeps me coming back

How does ownership treat fans? Please elaborate because I'm sincerely confused. Fan benefits have been reduced significantly with no discounts on concessions, merchandise, and now blackout games where they can't purchase extra tickets at cost. How are being treated better? Is it because:

1)They RT "certain" fans?
2)They are "active" on social media?
3)They actually appreciate opinions on gameday exerpience?

I'll be quite honest with you. The gameday experience has decreased significantly in the past 3 years. I am not attacking you, you are more than entitled to your opinion and perhaps you may even be right. The notion that ownership is spending money for our benefit is absolutely absurd. We have never had GOOD owners in this franchise, true. To tell me that you spend money, therefore, I should like you and think you're a good owner is not a balanced equation here.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
How does ownership treat fans? Please elaborate because I'm sincerely confused. Fan benefits have been reduced significantly with no discounts on concessions, merchandise, and now blackout games where they can't purchase extra tickets at cost. How are being treated better? Is it because:

1)They RT "certain" fans?
2)They are "active" on social media?
3)They actually appreciate opinions on gameday exerpience?

I'll be quite honest with you. The gameday experience has decreased significantly in the past 3 years. I am not attacking you, you are more than entitled to your opinion and perhaps you may even be right. The notion that ownership is spending money for our benefit is absolutely absurd. We have never had GOOD owners in this franchise, true. To tell me that you spend money, therefore, I should like you and think you're a good owner is not a balanced equation here.

Now they have Cats Cash. Great, can't sell my seats on a site like StubHub because whoever buys them can use my ticket's bar code and get to the cash.

Ushers are a pain. They change throughout the game. Have to show my ticket, on my phone, to sit down. After each period have to do the same with a different usher. Pain in the butt. I have to stop, log into the account manager, and show my ticket. It was so much better when we had a card or actual tickets to show!

Benefits have most certainly dropped.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Now they have Cats Cash. Great, can't sell my seats on a site like StubHub because whoever buys them can use my ticket's bar code and get to the cash.

Ushers are a pain. They change throughout the game. Have to show my ticket, on my phone, to sit down. After each period have to do the same with a different usher. Pain in the butt. I have to stop, log into the account manager, and show my ticket. It was so much better when we had a card or actual tickets to show!

Benefits have most certainly dropped.

the rotating usher thing drives me nuts sometimes. Our regular usher is awesome but when he's out and his replacement is there it drives me nuts. He checked out tickets once then tried to throw us out of our seats when somebody came down and thought they were supposed to be in our seats. Had to ge my phone out and argue with him. I can't see any reason to spend $500 more next year to watch this **** show again.

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
Agree 100% with flomarilius and PSLguy. Our benefits have been cut drastically in my opinion. Sure they added some cool experiences but we get screwed out of food and merchandise discounts (Where we spend most our money). I also feel like the in game production went downhill, I still cringe at our pre-game video this year.

I've had my seats for 4 years now so I just ignore the ushers. I know may come off as rude and/or entitled but I pay a lot of money for my seats and I've been doing to years now. I'd be beyond pissed if they tried to kick me out of my seats :laugh:

But of course I keep renewing! Hopefully the adidas jacket is nice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad