STHer thread

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Surprise surprise. I wonder how many sso's without socoal media accounts were invited? Not surprised I wasnt invited, would have loved to ask the difficult question no else seems to want to do.

Do you have to register that info with the team? How could they possibly know that?

Everytime its mentioned on twitter, they have someone tracking that... lol. I mean I suppose its a finite number, but that seems pretty improbable. And if anything it seems like Cifu anyways, goes out of his way to interact with those same people.

Maybe you get your chance.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Ticket rep called me last week and left a message saying he's read my tweets over the season. I think they know how fans feel.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
How about let's not turn this thread into another debate about Tallon's GM abilities and lack thereof, alright?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
How about let's not turn this thread into another debate about Tallon's GM abilities and lack thereof, alright?

Oh c'mon those comments are so full of facts and no wild speculation that I feel like I'm instantly transported to the reality of the front offices of the BBT center.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
I'm first row in upper deck and my seats went up $4 bucks each and now up to $25/gm which is a bummer. When i signed on 2 years ago there were only $18.

You get 5% back from total purchase in Cats Cash which is more than last year.
Few benefits: access to autograph signings, PanthersFest, and 1 per account new Adidas Panthers Jacket which is team issued and not available for purchase in store (extras are available for $75)

And the earlier you renew the more chances you get to win one of the 30 early giveaway prizes(some are awesome, some are eh).

I'll end up renewing, but I'm prob gonna move seats to something cheaper.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Prices for the most part went up $2-5 per seat. The only non changes I believe were on the lower sidelines that stayed at $48 and $58.

Thanks. There was a chart posted on another board. Prices are still pretty cheap compared to the rest of the league. I'm going to a game in a few weeks and my price is $100 higher than the STH price.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks. There was a chart posted on another board. Prices are still pretty cheap compared to the rest of the league. I'm going to a game in a few weeks and my price is $100 higher than the STH price.

I'm annoyed my prices went up, BUT relative to the rest of the league it's a bargain. I understand they need to make money as well and as long as i can afford em, I'm gonna go.

STH do get a big discount off regularly priced tickets as well so that's a big plus.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
We'll, after long discussions with my much better half we will be renewing. Even moving down from the Club level to lower bowl sideline. About a $1500 jump but what the heck, it's only money, right?

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
C4jibzuUEAEvv65.jpg:large

I think it's pretty ridiculous to see constant hikes in these ticket prices. I get that they need to make money, I really do. I just think it's pretty ballsy to send out renewals (earlier than most years) when you have a coach who is not well liked, and a team that's barely treading the waters of mediocrity. I'm more than likely to renew, however, I will probably be moving from the 2x end to the 1x end if the team makes the playoffs. Should they miss out, I will be moving upstairs. I am not in the mood to continue giving this ownership money, and have a less enjoyable time at the arena.

Am I upset about the discounts being taken away? No, not really. I just won't buy as many things from the Arena and I will eat before the game at another location. I am not sure if many SSO's are taking this strategy to cut costs since discounts have been taken away but I have yet to spend more than $5 at a concession per game, and that's roughly every other game at most. I've bought my jerseys online, and new logo gear from lids/fanatics.

I don't like being told by ownership the adage of "We are investing money, we are investing resources, you should be in there with us!". Sorry guys, you decided that you wanted to spend your fortune on a professional sports team. If you want to be good owners you will invest, you shouldn't be telling us as if it was a selling point. No one made you buy a team, if it's too much money for you... well maybe you could sell at a profit.

That being said I will be renewing. My gameday experience has diminished since new ownership has taken over, and I don't think I am alone in that mindset. Is the quality of the team better, I guess it's debatable. 103 point team may have been a fluke or may have been real, there is no ability for them to be vindicated given all the roster transactions. I will see out this season before knowing my full investment amount next season. They do good, fantastic I'll stay downstairs, they poop the bed, I'll take my money and enjoy the game from above.

Please keep in mind one thing. Even the people who feel that this ownership have taken the team off the rails... they pay money for this team. Even if you think their opinion is the most ridiculous thing ever, they pay the money, they're entitled to their opinion and it does not make them any less of a fan than you. Twitter has been rampant with kool-aid drinkers since Cifu has invited a certain group of people into club lexus a few times. Let's not sit here and pretend that there is only one mentality that is acceptable. You're allowed to be frustrated, angry, and feel slighted by things. You are a fan and you pay money. Don't let anyone take your opinion from you.

Last edited:

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
Pretty ballsy to hike prices and send that message during one of the most disappointing seasons in a decade.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
For what it's worth, the hikes are hardly to make money. The owners will never turn a profit on this team, so this has nothing to do with making money. Just because you sell a product doesn't mean you're actually making money.

I could sell lemonade for $1 per cup, but if it cost me $2 to make that cup of lemonade, I'm not making money on the sale.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
For what it's worth, the hikes are hardly to make money. The owners will never turn a profit on this team, so this has nothing to do with making money. Just because you sell a product doesn't mean you're actually making money.

I could sell lemonade for $1 per cup, but if it cost me $2 to make that cup of lemonade, I'm not making money on the sale.

Which you can then use as a tax break to alleviate your main company.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL

Again my response is not about it being a marginal hike. $86-$129 dollar hike will make people reconsider, believe it or not. Again the game day experience and the perks that come with being a STH have Dissapeared and significantly reduced. Cifu claims this is the best first renewal day in history. I'd like to see those numbers.... Alternative facts seem really catchy.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This is my fourth season being a SSO and last summer, my wife and I had a baby so going to the games hasn't been easy this season and financially it's put a big drain on us. I had intentions of renewing as it's awesome to go to the games and partake in the special events as well as receive the discounts compared to just going to individual games. I did expect prices to go slightly up, which my seats went up $3 per seat each game, but I still wasn't happy when I heard they were going to now charge $10 each game for parking.

I went home last night and crunched some numbers to see if we could afford tickets again. I assumed that I'd be paying an extra $440 for the parking now too. After going back and forth, we agreed to just go with it and renew. Especially, since I saw those 30-day prizes and have higher expectations for next season. It really pays to be a SSO come playoff time assuming they make it next April.

Turns out, parking will continue to be free for me since I renewed early enough last season, so I'll be back for a fifth season. Honestly, I couldn't be more excited with the future and was stoked to renew once again :nod: I can totally see after a up and down season like this why some fans wouldn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad