Post-Game Talk: Stars 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Very disappointing. Jets not ready at puck drop.
They need to get back to their team D from the first half of the season and they need to do it damn quickly.

On to the next game. Hope they learned something from Dallas.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was not happy with yesterday's game either but Its not all doom and gloom yet. Still 4th in the entire NHL in winning % , we will get back on track.

Reactions: GNP and Stumbledore

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Very disappointing. Jets not ready at puck drop.
They need to get back to their team D from the first half of the season and they need to do it damn quickly.

On to the next game. Hope they learned something from Dallas.

It's starting to get concerning to me (I know others have been concerned longer). What happened to that great defensive game? Is a strong defensive game harder on the body, and as the season wears on, the team starts slowing down and not doing it?

Maybe Apples.
Considering the Jets traded to get Apples back, I doubt it, but on the other hand they did expose him to expansion draft so it's possible. They seem to like him though.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's starting to get concerning to me (I know others have been concerned longer). What happened to that great defensive game? Is a strong defensive game harder on the body, and as the season wears on, the team starts slowing down and not doing it?

Considering the Jets traded to get Apples back, I doubt it, but on the other hand they did expose him to expansion draft so it's possible. They seem to like him though.

The super aggressive balls to the walls forecheck is likely much harder to physically maintain over a full year then a more passive 1-2-2 forecheck. Jets aren't a super young team so maybe it is fatigue. Good observation.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Even an injury riddled Vilardi is still better than Dubois
In PLD's case it was just get him off this team, he didn't want to be here Vilardi seems to adjusted and fit in well in the room. Sure the injuries are a concern but hopefully this one doesn't set him back to much

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah I mean there was a guy on our board telling us Stankoven was going to be a steal at Lucius' spot but yeah Dallas scouts are just too good :laugh:
Was I that guy? I was pushing pretty hard for Stankoven.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Yup, no roster spots available arm.

No he's not and he isn't even matching Perfetti's pace in the AHL at the same age. He's pretty far behind Cole in terms of development. Some of you guys and shiny new toys.
He is scoring more than Perfetti did in the AHL and is much faster.
Cole has decent IQ, no speed, limited shot

Dallas has done some good drafting since blowing the Gurianov pick in 2015. Hintz, Heiskanen, Robertson, Harley, Johnston, Stankoven, Oettinger. Mavrik Bourque looks pretty good too.
Harley looks legit

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It hasn't even been one season yet with Vilardi, yes he has been injured but it could also just be really bad luck.
I got nothing against Vilardi ... I actually feel sorry for him ... like you said bad luck.
I was reading on the Kings boards if they could reverse the trade ... would they?
I was shocked to see some said no way because they were tired of Vilardi's injuries.

Reactions: GNP

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Gustafsson still counts as taking a roster spot and I'm sure will be coming back up.

EDIT: in fact he's played his 6 games, has to come back up.
gus, kupari, stanley will all play if 3 can't go if a 4th can't go then we would need to place someone on ir to make room on the roster for the call up

Reactions: Atoyot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad