Post-Game Talk: Stars 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Monohan isn't a play driving C. Fly drives play on that line. Also Iafallo is on that line to play a specific role as a puck retriever, and board and net front battler. Neither of those roles suit KC.

So say getting an Eberle doesn't really help as he also doesn't fill the digger role that the second line requires.
hard disagree that there is zero players we can get to replace iaffalo in the top 6 or allow us to make changes to the lines, iaffalo is on that line because perfetti went ice cold and he was really the only option to play rw on the second line not because we wanted a specific role on the 2nd line, if perfetti kept scoring or started to score he probably would have kept his spot on that line as well

Sometimes you just play and lose to a better team....

Just hoping we don't play Dallas in the playoffs. Need someone else to knock them off.
we need to get 1st so they play colorado in the 1st round

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Monohan isn't a play driving C. Fly drives play on that line. Also Iafallo is on that line to play a specific role as a puck retriever, and board and net front battler. Neither of those roles suit KC. KC also doesn't drive play like Fly.

So say getting an Eberle doesn't really help as he also doesn't fill the digger role that the second line requires.
Actually think Barron would thrive on that second line then maybe we shelter Nino names perfetti while they get healthy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
hard disagree that there is zero players we can get to replace iaffalo in the top 6 or allow us to make changes to the lines, iaffalo is on that line because perfetti went ice cold and he was really the only option to play rw on the second line not because we wanted a specific role on the 2nd line, if perfetti kept scoring or started to score he probably would have kept his spot on that line as well

Why they haven't put Nino in that spot is beyond me. See I think we have other pieces on the roster to play around with but we are handicapped a bit due to Bones insisting on leaving the third line alone.

Actually think Barron would thrive on that second line then maybe we shelter Nino names perfetti while they get healthy

Yes they could try that as well. Plenty of options. Heck I'd even be willing to try Cole, Lowry and Nino as it looked like Cole was put with Adam to end last game.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Why they haven't put Nino in that spot is beyond me. See I think we have other pieces on the roster to play around with but we are handicapped a bit due to Bones insisting on leaving the third line alone.
probably wanted ehlers on the left and didn't want nino who also needs to find a way to get going on the right either, I think an actual right winger would be best for this team and would give them far more options then playing people on their offside

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Vilardi missed a shift about half-way through the 2nd period. Played 2 more shifts (one on the powerplay at 11:42 and then one at 5v5 at about 14 minutes) and then that was it. Then much line juggling ensued.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Think it's pretty obvious that the Stars are the better team, no?

I agree but I also think the Stars are the deeper and more talented team. I definitely prefer not to meet them until round 2 after hopefully they and Colorado beat the crap out of each other in round 1 lol.

They were certainly the better team last night. We should be able to expect our team to be in the mix though in a game against a team we are pretty close to in the standings.

Reactions: hn777

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I'm watching Vatrano play right now and he has a little dirty to his game, just gave Burroughs an elbow got him to take a penalty and he skated away scott free. Very aggressive player has a goal tonight 2 pims very good skater and as I said plays on the edge. As an aside the Shark tank is about as empty a arena that I have seen all year
I watched a Panthers game a while back and there was no way the arena was even half full. Did they sell a bunch of tickets to no shows? Or are the numbers fudged?

Reactions: hn777

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They were certainly the better team last night. We should be able to expect our team to be in the mix though in a game against a team we are pretty close to in the standings.
They're miles ahead of the Jets...except between the pipes. Their 3rd line was Benn-Johnston-Stankoven. Ryan Suter is on their 3rd pair.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I watched a Panthers game a while back and there was no way the arena was even half full. Did they sell a bunch of tickets to no shows? Or are the numbers fudged?

Florida made the dumb decision to put their premium club seats directly across from the camera, and that package includes free food and drink in the club area so lots of people aren't sitting there. People have posted pictures where those seats look empty but the rest of the arena is reasonably full.

Reactions: RabidOne

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I have great news!

Connor Schief Vilardi won their matchup

0.49 xGF 0.36 xGA 57.92 xGF%

This is exactly the type of performance you need from your first line to win games like this, so it's no surprise that we won this one.

Oh wait....
Too bad they only played 9 minutes together...

Also, the Jets' 3rd and 4th lines got absolutely demolished by the Stars' 3rd and 4th lines.

Those "penalties" in the 3rd really f***ed the Jets too (not in goals against, but it really screwed up the flow and took away a few valuable minutes at even strength for the Jets to try to get something going - not that they had much going in the 3rd otherwise).

Reactions: scelaton and hn777

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Like Bones said Stars brought their A game and the Jets will not beat them with their B game.
Bones also said the Jets have yet to play their A game against Dallas in the 3 meeting.
Jets will bring their A game in the playoffs and shock the hell out of the Stars.:D

Reactions: Huffer

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Like Bones said Stars brought their A game and the Jets will not beat them with their B game.
Bones also said the Jets have yet to play their A game against Dallas in the 3 meeting.
Jets will bring their A game in the playoffs and shock the hell out of the Stars.:D
I keep hearing they have to get back to playing Winnipeg Jets hockey, when history tells me there is good chance that’s exactly what they are playing now.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Iafallo does fit well as the 3rd piece to Ehlers and Monahan as well. He does all the dirty work and that's something Perfetti can't quite do at his stage of development.

With Gabe out I can see Iafallo getting bumped up, as Gabe serves a similar role with Scheifele line.

Perfetti hasn't looked bad, just not where he needs to be as a top six on a top playoff team.

Hopefully Cole can get back on track because he will need to learn to play a mistake free game in lower minutes. It would be hard to argue that Barron isn't ahead of him on the depth chart at the moment.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Iafallo does fit well as the 3rd piece to Ehlers and Monahan as well. He does all the dirty work and that's something Perfetti can't quite do at his stage of development.

With Gabe out I can see Iafallo getting bumped up, as Gabe serves a similar role with Scheifele line.

Perfetti hasn't looked bad, just not where he needs to be as a top six on a top playoff team.

Hopefully Cole can get back on track because he will need to learn to play a mistake free game in lower minutes. It would be hard to argue that Barron isn't ahead of him on the depth chart at the moment.
he's an ok player for a short term solution but we need someone with production for the long term

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I keep hearing they have to get back to playing Winnipeg Jets hockey, when history tells me there is good chance that’s exactly what they are playing now.
Coach Bowness- "We've got to be able to win in different ways in this league. So even (during) that five-game stretch where we weren't winning, we just, we were playing well, we just weren't scoring any goals. Now we're a little more offensive, but there you walk that fine line.
Let's not get too wide open right? The goals will come if we play with our good structure and our good pressure. And so we are who we are. And we'll create enough offence and chances from playing good D all over the ice. You win in the playoffs. We win the playoffs by playing good defensive hockey and (taking) what the opposition gives you. So we're walking a fine line with that right now and we're a little loose so we'll tighten it up."

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Yes they could try that as well. Plenty of options. Heck I'd even be willing to try Cole, Lowry and Nino as it looked like Cole was put with Adam to end last game.
They are so damned married to lines sometimes. A trio does well and THAT's it! The Lowry line is doing decently defensively, but there is almost NO scoring coming from it. The top line is struggling mightily 5v5.

Lets see some damned balance! We have the pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad