Post-Game Talk: Stars 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
lol.. this post makes zero sense... I showed csv numbers... you claimed they did it because dallas sat back, I pointed out that vilardi left early before they sat back, you said he left with 5 mins in the 3rd, I pointed out vilardi's ice time and bring up connor's ice time? you ask me if I watched the game yet said vilardi played in the 3rd which he didn't...

I wasn't claiming csv was dominating I was posting that because they actually posted positive metrics and every other previous shift from the others games when they were negative was getting posted, you how ever replied and said it was because dallas sat back and I just pointed out that they hardly played as a line when dallas sat back

1st was on the line for dallas their previous game, they lost 5-1 to the avs...
My concern is not how Dallas played the previous game. My concern in the Jets lack of preparation to start this IMPORTANT game.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
My concern is not how Dallas played their previous game. My concern is with the Jets and their lack of preparation to start the game against a team they need to prove they can beat.
and all I'm saying was that dallas was in this exact situation last game and seemed to have moved on from it

Reactions: thereturn

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Dude comes as advertised.
Yes, Villardi does come as advertised. He does not have a very strong physical body constitution, and I expect these injuries will always be a problem with him. Yet he's only 23 yrs old, so this will get worse as he ages. The Jets are going to have to live with this.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Jets have to be a least as physical as the Stars are to have a chance, maybe hire a coach in the art of interference and obstruction cause it seems many teams have perfected this way of playing.
Have to add bigger and tougher defence.
Would love to know how interference is called?
I always though taking down a man without the puck is a penalty.
IMG_3240.png

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Honestly I don't see much out there on the trade market that would really help in terms of wingers, nor would I want to give up a Kings Ransome for one of them.

We have a player that played at a high end top 6 level the first 35 games of the season in Perfetti. He's lacking in confidence and isn't getting much puck luck right now, but imo the coaching staff needs to do whatever they can to get him going again as they need the first half version back heading into the playoffs.

It's likely easier to work at getting him going then to find a top 6 winger to trade for.
perfetti has seemed to have hit a wall, we can't afford to have a player go this cold in the top 6 when were trying to win a championship, plus I think more wingers will be available then the guys you have to pay a ransom for toffoli, eberle, tarasenko, mantha, duclair and probably more could all be options

Reactions: Jets 31

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
This game wasn't looking good considering how average we looked against bad teams the last 3 games. The defensive play continues to erode. If some losses mean that they get to playing the way they were defensively pre ASB then it will all for the best. I preferred all those 2-1 and 1-0 losses over what I am seeing lately, atleast that is repeatable and can win in the playoffs with esp with a hot PP
Wow … this is almost the same quote Tocchet said after the Canucks loss to the Kings 5-1 tonight.

Reactions: GNP

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm watching Vatrano play right now and he has a little dirty to his game, just gave Burroughs an elbow got him to take a penalty and he skated away scott free. Very aggressive player has a goal tonight 2 pims very good skater and as I said plays on the edge. As an aside the Shark tank is about as empty a arena that I have seen all year

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
perfetti has seemed to have hit a wall, we can't afford to have a player go this cold in the top 6 when were trying to win a championship, plus I think more wingers will be available then the guys you have to pay a ransom for toffoli, eberle, tarasenko, mantha, duclair and probably more could all be options

We will need everyone going to win a championship. They will likely grab another middle 6 winger like last year but as we saw with Gabe tonight injuries happen.

Reactions: GNP

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Missed watching this game, as my coworkers decided to go out for dinner and hit a club afterwards.

It was a little too packed, and this drunk woman decided to give my shoulder a lap dance for a whole song.

Going to need to find penicillin in the morning.

In hindsight I was probably better off staying in my hotel room and watching the Jets lose :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We'll damnit , Dallas seems to have our number so hopefully we return the favor in the playoffs. Gotta say watching Connor float around out there was frustrating, we need way more from him . I would like to see him and Ehlers switch up for a few games. Namestnikov is a gamer , works hard at both ends of the ice every shift. Thought Lowry played hard too but didn't have much help from his wingers . Ok hopefully Vilardi isn't hurt too bad and we come out flying Saturday.... morning.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Jets have to be a least as physical as the Stars are to have a chance, maybe hire a coach in the art of interference and obstruction cause it seems many teams have perfected this way of playing.
I thought we had an owner who knows how to interfere?

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm watching Vatrano play right now and he has a little dirty to his game, just gave Burroughs an elbow got him to take a penalty and he skated away scott free. Very aggressive player has a goal tonight 2 pims very good skater and as I said plays on the edge. As an aside the Shark tank is about as empty a arena that I have seen all year
Yeah I'd like vatrano bc he adds a bit of bite or jam to our top 6 along with being a V good scorer this year. We are on the sorter side when it comes to fwds (not every fwd is soft).
I think he goes for a 1st+ given his season. Idk if we would table our 2025 1st,, or how much more appealing would that be vs a bunch of other teams possibly offering this year's 1st round pick. and Chevy doesn't usually like trading high end prospects.

Reactions: bustamente

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
They dominated the first, we had a decent pushback in the 2nd but then got dominated again in the third. Not sure if the numbers back that up, but that's how it felt.

They played a really good defensive game, no time or space for the Jets at all. There are a lot of worrying trends here and Bones needs to get this team buying back in to the structured defensive game we were playing earlier in the season. That game plus a hot PP can go far, whatever we are doing now has first round exit written all over it.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Let's hope so. The Cole giveaway was on a play this teams players are instructed to make and make breaking out regularly. He still gave it away but imo he was expecting Namestnikov to be on the boards not standing 10 feet off them. But the onus is still on him to look before he makes the pass in case people think I'm blaming Names.
And in case of that kind of turnover, usually there is a right d man still there to offer defensive support. Pionk made a very optimisitc read and way was to center ice hoping for what, a breakaway pass? But the onus is still on Cole ensure a controlled breakout, in case the Pionk Fan Club thinks I am blaming Pionk for Perf's mistake.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I do not think any of those wingers help move the needle towards a Jets cup run along as they refuse to break up Connor and Scheiffle and have Schmidt and Pionk on defence

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
can we stop mortgaging our future?

There's no need to mortgage our future for it, though. The Jets always make moves eyed on the future. I see them looking to give Monahan a contract at the end of the season.

At any rate, I didn't watch much of the game last night. I was busy setting up my new TV and playing with it a bit. It looks much better than my 15 year old TV. No question. I see the Jets got into trouble by playing loose against an actually good team and got burned badly in the 1st period. Dallas had no issues closing the game down after that. The Jets really need to fix their issues. They need another Top-9 Winger and at least 1 mid-pair defenseman to hope to come out of the Central, nevermind the entire west.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You can't win them all, the Stars are a very good team and sometime you have to tip your hat and move on, need to regroup for the Canes and Sabres.
Yup. Awful start, but after that I tight the Jets played much better.

Still just 2 points back with 4 in hand.

If we meet them in the playoffs we're going to need a new plan against them.

Well my U18 team lost tonight too and we got eliminated from the playoffs. When it rains it pours. Just got home so I can hit delete on the PVR.
Awww sorry to hear that, coach.

I don’t get the Vilardi benching. Name outta hat? Cause he didn’t look hurt to me
He was definitely benched. It's almost unheard of to remain in the bench if you're hurt.

EDIT: I just saw the news. Bizarre to me that he stayed on the bench. Maybe he asked to?

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have great news!

Connor Schief Vilardi won their matchup

0.49 xGF 0.36 xGA 57.92 xGF%

This is exactly the type of performance you need from your first line to win games like this, so it's no surprise that we won this one.

Oh wait....
I also don't think they had a very good game. They rarely looked a threat to score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad