Sep 24, 2011
GA
nhl.ru
Image.png

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I still can't believe Burakosky didn't get a penalty for hitting Schmidt from behind. The ref was right there!

It was probably the same ref that didn't make the call on the Kraken breakaway but the ref way down the ice did.

Probably had a huge wager on Seattle on bet99.net!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What a great day...

Out of the tragedy for myself and my family... the loss of my ladies' Mother early today, after a prolonged illness...

This gift... euphoria twice over after such deep loss...

The Bombers didn't fail us...

The Jets never quit...

So happy... so emotional...

Thanks all...

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
What a great day...

Out of the tragedy for myself and my family... the loss of my ladies' Mother early today, after a prolonged illness...

The Jets never quit...

Thanks all...

My condolences to you and your loved ones, John ........

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for the win Soucy. It all started with a crosscheck from Soucy and then him and Dubois went back and forth a bit before Soucy decides it's a good idea to punch a guy to the back of the head. There was nothing happening between the two prior to the crosscheck by Soucy.

Dubois played that exchange really well, he loses his own shit at times but is definitely not easy to play against.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Yup, he's been playing at a number 1 level for a while now. Gives us all the building block pieces: Franchise goalie, number 1 dmen and a couple of numbet 1 centers.
No question Josh has broken out offensively this year. This is part maturation/confidence, but Bowness giving him the green light to take risks within an integrated 5-man system is also a huge part.

Josh is now tied for 4th place among all D in EV points and 2 of the 3 above him are being paid like Norris-level D. Nice to know we have Josh locked up for 6 years at a reasonable AAV.

PS--Pionk is also quietly having a bounce-back year, sitting in 9th place for even-strength points. Yes, he makes mistakes, but is criminally under-appreciated here by some.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No question Josh has broken out offensively this year. This is part maturation/confidence, but Bowness giving him the green light to take risks within an integrated 5-man system system is also a huge part.

Josh is now tied for 4th place among all D in EV points and 2 of the 3 above him are being paid like Norris-level D. Nice to know we have Josh locked up for 6 years at a reasonable AAV.

PS--Pionk is also quietly having a bounce-back year, sitting in 9th place for even-strength points. Yes, he makes mistakes, but is criminally under-appreciated here by some.

Pionk is definitely good offensively but likely shouldn't be in a top pairing role.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
What a great day...

The Jets never quit...

Thanks all...
Great post. Hang in there brother. Our family is working through recent loss and healing from tragedy on multiple fronts. I have learned that comfort can be found in many different ways. It all helps with the process.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
That was a nice win. Can't stand the Kraken now. How are they doing so well? Trapping the shit out of us at home and clutching and hacking there way to wins? Thankfully the refs woke up from their slumbers and made the right calls as opposed to the Flames game the night before

Soucy thank you for a real dumb dumb play at the worst time possible. Not sure why he was so pissed he could have gotten a cross checking penalty right before that but the refs let it go but they couldn't let that go.

I like our team and its play right now. We stick around in games and if you do that you can win them. We could have won that game in Calgary too because we hung around(I like to think we handed Calgary that win with that short handed goal).

Angry Wheeler is the best Wheeler. He wanted a goal so bad. Hope we see more of that. As much as I hate the schedule it might not be a bad thing. With the injuries and I think a few players have some bumps and bruises a few days off are needed.

That first game at home against Anaheim is a trap game for sure. Struggling team coming in and us on a bit of a break. Be interesting to see how we come out in that one.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Pionk is definitely good offensively but likely shouldn't be in a top pairing role.
I've liked this change a lot. Morrissey and Pionk think the game fast, and that allows them to attack with speed. Watching De Melo struggle with breakouts early in the season, his game is just not on the same level as Pionk's. And I think that was effecting Morrissey's because the expectation from the defense is to play with more pace this year. De Melo doesn't hold the line all that well, doesn't sustain offense, or move the puck fast enough to be a true top 4 d-man. He's very good at what he does, good gap control, good sticks in the defensive zone. But I like our defense a lot more since Pionk got promoted. Pionk does make some mistakes, name me a defenseman who doesn't, but it looks a lot smarter for the Jets having Pionk playing the same role Trouba did, in some ways better (breakout passes). Maybe some worse, but the more they play together I think the more they'll understand each other's games, and complement each other's games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've liked this change a lot. Morrissey and Pionk think the game fast, and that allows them to attack with speed. Watching De Melo struggle with breakouts early in the season, his game is just not on the same level as Pionk's. And I think that was effecting Morrissey's because the expectation from the defense is to play with more pace this year. De Melo doesn't hold the line all that well, doesn't sustain offense, or move the puck fast enough to be a true top 4 d-man. He's very good at what he does, good gap control, good sticks in the defensive zone. But I like our defense a lot more since Pionk got promoted. Pionk does make some mistakes, name me a defenseman who doesn't, but it looks a lot smarter for the Jets having Pionk playing the same role Trouba did, in some ways better (breakout passes). Maybe some worse, but the more they play together I think the more they'll understand each other's games, and complement each other's games.

I think it just underscores that we need one more top pairing dmen to play with JoMo. But i like general philosophy of what they want with the top pairing. Hopefully Pionk can grow into it as he gets more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad