Post-Game Talk: Squid, Calamari? Jets win in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Hey Kraken, how you like our sucker punch?

A3DF19B0-AC55-4A72-A776-ED57E4089285.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Smart restrain from Dubois
I thought he’ll might go rage like yesterday against Markstrom

Contrary to what blockhead Sawyer says, *that* is actually the right way to respond. On the scoreboard. Not "hey let's take four minutes of minors THAT REALLY IS SMART, I mean THINK OF ALL THE VOODOO IT'LL WORK BLA BLA BLA" like shut up Sawyer.

Good weekend though. I'll take it :)

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What a strange game by Wheeler... a few boneheaded plays (the first penalty, the bad decision on the 2nd goal) but a couple of vintage Wheeler moments (when he raced down that LW and did chip pass to himself for a shot). He redeemed himself with the game tying goal or I was ready to call him out in the PGT.

The icing on the cake was that it was a Burakovski f*** up that led to the OT goal.

Essymont had a good first game.

Hope Appleton is okay.

f*** Soucy and Burakovski.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks for the win Soucy. It all started with a crosscheck from Soucy and then him and Dubois went back and forth a bit before Soucy decides it's a good idea to punch a guy to the back of the head. There was nothing happening between the two prior to the crosscheck by Soucy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sluggish first while getting their legs under them but were good the second period on.

Special teams got us some goals and the PK was great.

Ritchie got the win and made some saves but looked shaky making some as well. I'll take it from the backup.

I didn't like the breakout play from Schmidt and Pionk tonight. They just miss fired on a number of easy outlets. I didn't think either was great in their end as well.

JoMo continuing to play excellent hockey and has been this teams best skater after Helle.

Thought Dillion, Samberg and DeMelo all did their job in their end and on the PK.

Scheifele with a pair of goals and was back playing sound hockey in his end. Conner was on and off tonight, some good chances and some pretty poor plays.

Dubois - He had some good looks but I didn't like his puck management today. He gave it up in real poor spots a number of times. I thought Blake had a real slow start to the game but him jumping in to stick up for Schmidt seemed to give him an adrenaline boost and he was very good the rest of the game and got that big tieing goal. Perfetti had a strong night and was looking to hold the puck more and be creative with it. That is when he's at his best. He was also really good through the nz with the puck.

Lowry was his usual physical force and great on the PK. Essymont had his legs and was buzzing around and involved in a positive way. Definitely earned another game. The other bottom 6 players were all solid.

Good win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad