Post-Game Talk: Squid, Calamari? Jets win in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
As much as a lot of fans crap all over Wheeler, he's still a very good player for the Jets, and very much needed. He's a bit slower, but he's still has a lot of character and fight in him, and won this game for us. My only complaint with Wheeler, is that they paid him way too much for his value, but it's certainly not the worst contract in the NHL.

Morrissey is skating out there with authority, and looks like he can control the play out there, and I've never seen him playing so well. He's even going to get better, and be a major threat on the blueline, and he's rushing the puck a lot more to the net these days -- very good to see. He's dangerous on the rush.

As for Kyle Connor, he has to get back to the old Connor, and circle around that net within a 4 to 8 foot radius, where he's dangerous. He's trying to score only on these one timers from the perimeter, and teams are keying on him. Get back to the old Kyle Connor please.

These US announcers on my stream feed were "terrible" it's like they were paid cheerleaders for Seatlle, which I thought was very unprofessional. One of them on my feed was Eddie Olyschuk.

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Was watching the Seattle broadcast .

I have never seen a more homer play by play group in my life

Said that they were both going to go to the box after Pld took the punch

Said pionk fell easily on the trip

The entire game was Homer Simpson to the 100th degree

Haven’t posted in a long time but I am loving the way this team is playing.

I have been lurking everyday and want to let everyone know I missed them

Go jets go baby

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelacanth of the game

Big Angry Blake Wheeler

Blake_Wheeler_-_Winnipeg_Jets_2014.jpg

tumblr_nf2cwtrDKK1qhgo13o1_400.gifv

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I can't believe the Jets won this game. I thought Tanev's goal would stand. One stupid play gave the team hope, but with 17 seconds left I didn't think they had in them. Thanks for proving me wrong boys.

The donnybrook in the 2nd after Burakovksy's cheap shot galvanized the team I thought. Great to see the leadership respond with ferocity and tenacity. Penalty kill came through. I think Wheeler's near scrap got him in a bad mood, he had a lot of jump after that, and nice to see him get rewarded when it mattered most.

I will say the Jets went down pretty damn easy on a couple of penalty calls, and to me that's a team that's lacking some confidence 5 on 5. With 3 top 9 players out by the 3rd period the Jets definitely looked like a less talented forward group than a 2nd year expansion team, but with more star power. And a better defense...

Nice move by Bones to make changes on the PP when its not working, getting Gagner up there contributing on the 1st goal.

Thanks to Scheifele tonight for helping my fantasy team. I just wonder where that extra gear he had to get a 2-1 was we he needed to backcheck last night, but from goat to hero in one night is a nice turnaround.

I think Samberg had a nice start to the game, was terrific on the PK, made some mistakes later in the game, but hopefully coach keeps with him. Same with Perfetti, who still has a learning curve.

Thought Eyssimont had some jump in his first game, was engaged in both ends of the rink. Hopefully gets some more looks with a noticeable performance.

Good enough game for Rittich, to get the W.

The one thing I will say is that I think Gustafsson should get more ice time right now when the bench gets shortened. His defensive awareness is off the charts, and he's been a real nice addition to this team this year.

Otherwise that's a team building victory tonight against a good team.

Jets win, Bombers win, all is well in Winnipeg for one night.

Last edited:

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Sluggish first while getting their legs under them but were good the second period on.

Special teams got us some goals and the PK was great.

Ritchie got the win and made some saves but looked shaky making some as well. I'll take it from the backup.

I didn't like the breakout play from Schmidt and Pionk tonight. They just miss fired on a number of easy outlets. I didn't think either was great in their end as well.

JoMo continuing to play excellent hockey and has been this teams best skater after Helle.

Thought Dillion, Samberg and DeMelo all did their job in their end and on the PK.

Scheifele with a pair of goals and was back playing sound hockey in his end. Conner was on and off tonight, some good chances and some pretty poor plays.

Dubois - He had some good looks but I didn't like his puck management today. He gave it up in real poor spots a number of times. I thought Blake had a real slow start to the game but him jumping in to stick up for Schmidt seemed to give him an adrenaline boost and he was very good the rest of the game and got that big tieing goal. Perfetti had a strong night and was looking to hold the puck more and be creative with it. That is when he's at his best. He was also really good through the nz with the puck.

Lowry was his usual physical force and great on the PK. Essymont had his legs and was buzzing around and involved in a positive way. Definitely earned another game. The other bottom 6 players were all solid.

Good win.
Yeah, I agree with this summary - defence had a down night as they were pretty scrambly most of the game. Part of that comes with some soft play so far this season from Rittich though, as I don't think the confidence and trust is there yet.

This wasn't Dave's best game either, as he was having issues tracking the puck, but he fought through and did enough. Should be a confidence booster for him.

Loved Eyssimont's and Jonsson-Fyallby's energy, as they were flying all over the ice again. Great second half of the game by Wheeler too, as he started to impose himself on the game (which we desperately needed).

Seattle was really gooning it up tonight, and this game should not have been close with all of the penalties they were taking. We need a tonne of work on our special teams, as that power play is... :facepalm: Still, great to see the instant karma for Soucy. Those tears are just so delicious.

All in all, points in the last half of a back-to-back, I'll take it.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Was watching the Seattle broadcast.

Go jets go baby
I was watching the Seattle broadcast as well, as I was live streaming the game. The US announcers were embarrassing to listen too. It's like they were paid cheeleaders for Seattle. I've never heard such one sided commentators.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Was watching the Seattle broadcast .

Go jets go baby
It was certainly a Colorado Avalanche level homer call.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
What a great day...

Out of the tragedy for myself and my family... the loss of my ladies' Mother early today, after a prolonged illness...

This gift... euphoria twice over after such deep loss...

The Bombers didn't fail us...

The Jets never quit...

So happy... so emotional...

Thanks all...
Sorry to hear. I’m at the age where I lose a loved one every year now. Again sending my condolences to you and your family.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
If there is anyway PLD can remain a Jet after this season, I really hope it happens. His big bodied, crash and bang fight until the end attitude is good for this team. Please find a nice French girl from St. B, fall in love and spend your career here.
Plus he flat out pisses off the opposition, gets under their skin causing them to lose it, maybe punch him in the back of the head

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If there is anyway PLD can remain a Jet after this season, I really hope it happens. His big bodied, crash and bang fight until the end attitude is good for this team. Please find a nice French girl from St. B, fall in love and spend your career here.
Yes, a nice sexy french girl from St.Boniface would do the trick for PLD, and there's certainly a lot of sexy ones out there in old St.B. :naughty:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
70o1wl.jpg

The new Prediction Contest thread is up and running for the game against the Ducks on Thursday, along with an updated leaderboard, so check it out. Also, don't forget to sign up for a GDT, @AlphaLackey had fun and did a fantastic job making his for tonight's game, so why not you? There are plenty of games still available, including the game against Anaheim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad