Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
203t1x.jpg

Reactions: Blender

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I understand this as well but, he’s as big a liability as anyone when he’s out there like that. He’s not fast to begin with and when he’s exhausted his “old man legs” don’t pump

But Butcher is also painfully slow. We simply don’t have another option on the left side right now.

Why LD is our biggest hole. Ideally you want someone to push Moore down to the third pairing and put Butcher back on the right side with LJ coming out (though to be fair Lovejoy wasn’t too bad tonight).

We need another D on the left side we can trust.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Problem is who else are you playing over him? Moore and Butcher? We have seen that story with Moore, and while Butcher is improving he would have wilted with those responsibilities.

Moore can actually skate back to make up for his f*** ups and get back t break up plays. Greene skates like he is in cement.

Moore's positives out weigh his negatives and his positives by far outweigh Greene's.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I mean this can be said on most nights this year, no? Unfortunately there is a grand total of 0 LDs in the pipeline.

He’s had some rough moments but that can be said about pretty much anyone on defense, to be fair. Tonight was on another level though. He played like straight up dog shit that third period. Soft and just out of it mentally.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's sad to see Greene crash before our eyes the way he has the past two seasons.
I don't think he's been THAT bad the last two seasons. A normal decline for a 34 year old, but not completely crashing. He wasn't the Greene that we were mad at Poile/Lombardi for leaving off the 2014 USA Olympic team, but he was still a #3-#4 guy.

If anything, he's really falling off now. He's been very bad lately. I don't think he's finished as a player, but he's finished as a top pairing guy.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
The loss isn't all on Schneider. He coughed up two bad goals that gave them back the lead twice. Both of them were also on Greene. He has been going downhill since last year and this game was the worst game of his from what I can remember.

He is a liability now.

He makes horrible choices offensively, from passing instead of shooting, bad pinches, or shooting into the boards instead of just aiming for the net. Defensively he gets burned a lot even when he is back, and on the PK he is either screening Schneider or oblivious to guys right behind him right in front of Schneider.
Schneider is not the reason why they lost tonight. My post above breaks down the goals.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I would hold off on giving up on Greene, he's still more than serviceable as a defensive defenseman. I don't think he's done yet.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Loved how Zacha played with Nico and hall.

Besides that, not much to like tonight. At least it was against a team who isn't likely to pass us in the standings.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't get by the fact that schneider let them go back ahead TWICE in the third. Super super pissed off at him after that loss. It's his job to clamp it down and make a save, that's why he gets paid $6 million per year, to do more than what is "expected" out of an average goaltender when the team really needs it in crunch time (AKA when they battle back to tie it and find their legs in the third period). Point being not the game as a whole, but crunch time. That's where he is supposed to be different from your run of the mill goaltender, when the team needs him late in the game.
If anything, he deserved to be scored on about 5 times in the first 2 period's, it caught up in the 3rd period.

Nobody played any defense in the first 2 period's or all game long, unless you consider chasing and standing around in our end as defending.

Nobody played any offense at all in the 1st period and the 2nd was almost as bad.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I can't get by the fact that schneider let them go back ahead TWICE in the third. Super super pissed off at him after that loss. It's his job to clamp it down and make a save, that's why he gets paid $6 million per year, to do more than what is "expected" out of an average goaltender when the team really needs it in crunch time (AKA when they battle back to tie it and find their legs in the third period). Point being not the game as a whole, but crunch time. That's where he is supposed to be different from your run of the mill goaltender, when the team needs him late in the game.
We were outshot 30-10 in the first two periods.

Come on, this is a horrific take.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory also STOLE the last game against the Panthers when we beat them 16 nights ago.

We put in a real shitty effort that night too.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Moore is doing well because Hynes is avoiding playing him against top lines.

In reality, anyone we play against top lines is going to get obliterated because our defenders aren't good enough. Greene - Santini is simply the best worst option.

They're using Greene - Santini in a heavy defensive role and then using Moore/Severson/Butcher in a more sheltered role hoping they can balance the other out.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Moore can actually skate back to make up for his **** ups and get back t break up plays. Greene skates like he is in cement.

Moore's positives out weigh his negatives and his positives by far outweigh Greene's.

And Moore played 9:44 in the third, so short of him playing the whole period it was going to mean Greene or Butcher was going to play a majority of the rest. Greene played under 5 minutes in the third.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This game can't be blamed on cory.
Goal 1, was on the stoppable side (got clear look,but after 29 good saves you cut him some slack)
Goal 2, good shot, no chance for cory, he was screened by greene.
Goal 3, misplay by greene giving the puck back to have him.shoot. cory played the first shot, and was already on the ground. Hard for a goalie to quickly get back for that (esp a butterfly)

Greene is 5 '10- 5'11, Schneider is 6'2'6'3. If he is getting screened by Greene, then he is going down way too quick.

Where do you get this shit about butterfly goalies? Do you watch other goalies in the league play? Quick, Bobrovsky, Holtby, Price, Rinne all go down to their knees and are capable of making athletic saves and push themselves in an explosive manner to where the puck will be. Schneider, not so much.

Pretty sure I said this to you a few games back.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Greene - Santini had a bad night, it happens. But like I said before the game we can't rely on them being the 1st pairing. They make a good 2nd pair. Our #1 need above all else is getting a partner for Sevs

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
You clearly have no clue on how to play goalie, nor have actually played the position yourself. The 2nd and 3rd are not his fault, 2nd was shot through a screen, and 3rd he committed to the 1st shot which Greene blocked but gave it right back. 1st goal was the only stoppable shot.
Cory is an average goalie.... no more, no less. I know i differ from some on that.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I am very upset that Cory let in 2 go ahead goals. I am way more upset that the team let him get hit with 30 shots in the first 20 minutes of the game. This should have been a blow out. Cory Schneider is why it was respectable.

All hail the Schneid.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
We were outshot 30-10 in the first two periods.

Come on, this is a horrific take.
No, it really isn't. But I think we are all too frustrated to argue. For me, it all comes down to performing in crunch time. He didn't do that. But at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. On to Friday, need a W.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Moore is doing well because Hynes is avoiding playing him against top lines.

In reality, anyone we play against top lines is going to get obliterated because our defenders aren't good enough. Greene - Santini is simply the best worst option.

They're using Greene - Santini in a heavy defensive role and then using Moore/Severson/Butcher in a more sheltered role hoping they can balance the other out.

Lol not it is not. Severson is a better dman than Santini and should be playing the top pairing minutes over him.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Greene is 5 '10- 5'11, Schneider is 6'2'6'3. If he is getting screened by Greene, then he is going down way too quick.

Where do you get this **** about butterfly goalies? Do you watch other goalies in the league play? Quick, Bobrovsky, Holtby, Price, Rinne all go down to their knees and are capable of making athletic saves and push themselves in an explosive manner to where the puck will be. Schneider, not so much.

Pretty sure I said this to you a few games back.

You get more and more senile by the day. It's quite remarkable.

I don't even understand what their height has to do with anything as it's completely irrelevant to the goal.

Reactions: MadDog172430

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Greene - Santini had a bad night, it happens. But like I said before the game we can't rely on them being the 1st pairing. They make a good 2nd pair. Our #1 need above all else is getting a partner for Sevs

Severson is starting to soar. He’s been playing the best hockey of his career and I don’t think it’s even close. Once (hopefully) he’s paired up with a top defender, then we’re in business.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Cory also STOLE the last game against the Panthers when we beat them 16 nights ago.

We put in a real ****ty effort that night too.
We never play Florida well, even in the 2012 playoffs. Doesn't matter if we use cory, kinkaid, clemenson, Marty, weeks, moose, we usually don't fare well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad