GDT: Spidey's On Fire! Panthers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Come on at blaming Schneider for this game, it was a complete no-show down the lineup for the first 2 period's outside of him. All I saw was Cory making saves the first 2 period's, no ''Good defense'' or any of that trash. No offense in the first 2 period's at all, less than a G rated movie.

The only questionable goal was that shorthanded one.

Greene f***ed up on goal 3 and it was a massive f*** up.

Hynes needs to at least consider moving ONE of Santini or Greene off that pairing, because it's an ugly, low down, awful looking pairing.

The stats speak for themselves, the eye test is also starting to....

Time to put Severson back up there, he's the best defenseman on the team by a whole lot.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This wasn’t a no show either. The effort was clearly there. They just didn’t have the energy.

The last two goals for both teams were fluky as hell so just call it a 2-1 lose if you want.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Greene had a horrendous night. While both he and santini played the second goal extremely poorly, and Coleman didn’t get the puck deep enough on the third goal, he just did a terrible job defending on those 2 goals. Like brutally bad.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They just didn't have it tonight. 7 games in 12 days will do that to a team. They got back into a game they had no business being in after 40 minutes. I'm glad they didn't lay down in the 3rd. It's one of the things I love about this team. Even if they're gassed they don't just quit on a game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Greene had a horrendous night. While both he and santini played the second goal extremely poorly, and Coleman didn’t get the puck deep enough on the third goal, he just did a terrible job defending on those 2 goals. Like brutally bad.

Yeah he was really bad on the two goals against in the third there.

Gap control was really bad.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Bad game, but they'll happen. Just regroup and be ready to go on Friday.

Zacha with another solid one after a quiet game in Detroit. He looked good with Hischier and Hall.

Severson has been very good since getting benched.

Butcher got victimized a bunch, not one of his best. But, young player and all.

Trochek is a very underrated C...excellent player.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Random stupid week off in October and then 7 games in 12 nights. Yay NHL scheduling!

Also will someone please tell Hynes that when your 35 year old defenseman is out of gas, playing him even MORE doesn’t help the situation?

Problem is who else are you playing over him? Moore and Butcher? We have seen that story with Moore, and while Butcher is improving he would have wilted with those responsibilities.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Come on at blaming Schneider for this game, it was a complete no-show down the lineup for the first 2 period's outside of him. All I saw was Cory making saves the first 2 period's, no ''Good defense'' or any of that trash. No offense in the first 2 period's at all, less than a G rated movie.

Greene ****ed up on goal 3 and it was a massive **** up.

Hynes needs to at least consider moving ONE of Santini or Greene off that pairing, because it's an ugly, low down, awful looking pairing.

Time to put Severson back up there, he's the best defenseman on the team by a whole lot.

The loss isn't all on Schneider. He coughed up two bad goals that gave them back the lead twice. Both of them were also on Greene. He has been going downhill since last year and this game was the worst game of his from what I can remember.

He is a liability now.

He makes horrible choices offensively, from passing instead of shooting, bad pinches, or shooting into the boards instead of just aiming for the net. Defensively he gets burned a lot even when he is back, and on the PK he is either screening Schneider or oblivious to guys right behind him right in front of Schneider.

Reactions: liquid1988

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
ultimatespidermansad600_size3.jpg

It was fun while it lasted.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Severson should be on the top pairing.

I'm all for experimenting with Moore and Severson as the top pair, and no I'm not experimenting with drugs right now either.

It's worth some kind of a look. Moore isn't even playing badly this year.

Greene can't take the pounding anymore, dare I say he's starting to remind of last year's Lovejoy? It's time to slowly start dialing him back. I think he's still more than NHL caliber, just a bottom pairing/maybe a #4 guy.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Problem is who else are you playing over him? Moore and Butcher? We have seen that story with Moore, and while Butcher is improving he would have wilted with those responsibilities.
I understand this as well but, he’s as big a liability as anyone when he’s out there like that. He’s not fast to begin with and when he’s exhausted his “old man legs” don’t pump

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
And yet he coughed the lead back up to them not once, but twice.
This game can't be blamed on cory.
Goal 1, was on the stoppable side (got clear look,but after 29 good saves you cut him some slack)
Goal 2, good shot, no chance for cory, he was screened by greene.
Goal 3, misplay by greene giving the puck back to have him.shoot. cory played the first shot, and was already on the ground. Hard for a goalie to quickly get back for that (esp a butterfly)

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006

Greene ****ed up on goal 3 and it was a massive **** up.

I can't get by the fact that schneider let them go back ahead TWICE in the third. Super super pissed off at him after that loss. It's his job to clamp it down and make a save, that's why he gets paid $6 million per year, to do more than what is "expected" out of an average goaltender when the team really needs it in crunch time (AKA when they battle back to tie it and find their legs in the third period). Point being not the game as a whole, but crunch time. That's where he is supposed to be different from your run of the mill goaltender, when the team needs him late in the game.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We need to find a way to make Greene-Santini not a thing. They’re awful. Really really awful. It sucks not having Mueller, he could help a bit. I’d use Mueller-Severson as the top pairing if he was healthy. But Hynes needs to figure something out, because eventually having a pairing that gets destroyed like that is gonna catch up to us.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This wasn’t a no show either. The effort was clearly there. They just didn’t have the energy.

The last two goals for both teams were fluky as hell so just call it a 2-1 lose if you want.
If you disagree that it was a no-show, fine.

But I can't see any argument for the first 2 period's not being the worst two we've played all year. Don't let the goals against fool you, it was very bad.

Outshot 31-10 by the Panthers? This is arguably the worst team in the league. We didn't even look this bad against the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad