Post-Game Talk: "Someone create a post-game thread please."

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If he's so good how come he never got a hat trick tonight smarty pants?;)

schnauzer_91.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
On a positive, Dano looked better. Finishing checks like Armia did early on and got a couple of takeaways. Not seeing any glaring mistakes either.

As he becomes more comfortable with the team and what is asked from him i think that we will see a more complete player in terms of over all play, the goals and points will come.

204*

my god this cosmic bob caller on 1290 is something else. double R !! sounds like herbert the pervert without the whistling

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Raffl time?

Feel bad for the guy (Peluso by all accounts is a real stand up guy) but this really hurts our tanking ability. He was good for that.

On a positive, Dano looked better. Finishing checks like Armia did early on and got a couple of takeaways. Not seeing any glaring mistakes either.

Still looks to be adjusting. Mixing it up quite a bit more than I remember from when I watched him a lot, really trying to "buy in" and be physical. Hasn't been able to find much open ice yet to date.

Nothing I've seen of Dano so far impresses me, guy ain't exactly a speedster!

Straight line speed is vastly VASTLY overrated. He has not found much open ice yet, his hands rival Ehlers once he manages to adjust to the speed of the game and start finding some open ice.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Just got home, and the Jets definitely deserved a better fate. Man E-S-W are a fun line to watch. I think Scheif gets to 50 points even with missing 11 games. He is dialed in right now. I have a feeling this just may be Hutch's last season as a NHL regular. Maybe he ekes out a career as a back up somewhere.

Even if he doesn't no big deal i expect 20-25 goals 60 points plus next season if he stays healthy. The future is bright for the future captain.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The youth of the Jets played well tonight.

Postma and Chairot held their own.

Ehlers was who he is....

Armia continues to impress, and now on PK...

Copp wasn't a crux with the limited minutes he had.

Good :nod:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Chef's post game interview...

"Sucks... blah blah blah... Sucks... blah blah blah... Sucks." :laugh:

Love it. No sense beating around the bush :laugh:

Derfel*

Just watched the game now (skipped through) - Peluso's injury looks bad, assume he's done. Poor Ehlers. Jets actually looked pretty good for a done team.

In better news - the Junior Girls Basketball team I coach just finished a perfect regular season.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I didn't like Maurice subbing Stafford for Ehlers at the end with the goalie pullled. Felt Ehlers earned that chance tonight with his play.

Agree. I thought that was very odd. I haven't like staffords play of late and ehlers has been awesome. Weird.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Agree. I thought that was very odd. I haven't like staffords play of late and ehlers has been awesome. Weird.

Stafford's playing the same way he did in Buffalo, disappears for a month or so and then shows up for a couple of weeks scores a few goals then disappears again.

White Out 403*

Hutch must be cursed. Deflection dead in front of him for game tying goal, and a puck off the face of a Jet to create a scoring chance in OT.

Why does got hate Hutch?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I didn't watch the game, but looks like we had a 3rd period comeback! (and then they did too). Shame we lost, but good to see Scheif score.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Hutch must be cursed. Deflection dead in front of him for game tying goal, and a puck off the face of a Jet to create a scoring chance in OT.

Why does got hate Hutch?

Yeah jeez that never happens, almost as if he was trying to deflect it to change the direction of it and get it passed the goalie....

Funny I remember identical goals on Pavs and you saying Pavs should have had them, or should have been further out of his net. Funny how that works.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Random note:
Burmistrov has been on the uprise in Corsi... has passed Peluso, Copp, and Thorburn

Burmi has looked great recently (along with Armia and Ehlers for example) compared to terrible at the beginning. Hopefully this version of him sticks.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Two guys that can skate, and Chiarot on his proper side. Strange that, eh? I seriously don't know what Maurice has against Postma - the two of them actually looked pretty decent out there for a 3rd pairing. They did what I expect of a #5 and 6.

I concur with this. Postma and Chiarot both looked good out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad