Speculation: Some non-media sources say Devils and Flames have agreement on Markstrom trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Holtz was pretty bad tonight to be fair. Also lots of special teams and neither heavily factor there.

I mean, he got five minutes and had a decent takeaway at center ice in one of them and put up 3 shots.

I'm not sure how much opportunity he had to be bad. Wasn't impressed with Mercer tonight, however

That holtz / nosek / Bastian line has been really bad since being put together though

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The funniest thing about this to me is that anyone in an NHL front office would have watched Mercer's career to this point and come to the conclusion that he will fill a void for center. He's been horrendous whenever he's played C in the NHL.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The funniest thing about this to me is that anyone in an NHL front office would have watched Mercer's career to this point and come to the conclusion that he will fill a void for center. He's been horrendous whenever he's played C in the NHL.

It is mostly New Jersey Devils fans that are pushing Mercer as the second coming of a prime Joe Sakic.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I would just like @Alan Wake to let me know when the last time in the NHL a team recouped:

22 year old top 6 forward, with ~4 years left of team control
21 year old former 6th overall pick, having a nice rookie season
26 year old 2nd pairing DMan, signed to a fair longterm deal
TWO first round picks.

in any trade. For any player.
top of my head holtz was drafted at #7.

laf, byfield, stützle, raymond, sanderson, drysdale, holtz

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
26c7733e0c85c23b3f27580a4a67393b.gif

Devils dont have the prospects to get the mighty Rooney
ok take rooney out and replace him with mcdavid

Ledge And Dairy

You guys know Darryl Sutter signed a lucrative contract extension and never coached 1 game into it right (because he got canned)?

All this Murray narrative is ALL rumor. What's the evidence that he said no to retaining? Show me, literally anything.
While true that they are paying Darryl not to work for them, they aren't paying him to work for someone else. Friedman and Marek talked about this on a recent podcast since someone asked how it would work with DJ Smith getting hired in LA. For every dollar you would earn from your new job it's subtracted from what the team that fired you owes you unless stated otherwise in your contract

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If you keep digging my post history, I'm actually a Tampa Bay fan that bandwagoned on the Devils last season. But I liked the Devils more when Brodeur and Niedermayer played.
and soon to be calgary flames fan, if you help them get better at that rate.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Fix the title, there was no real source, just rumors from pretenders

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
"Sec214" on Calgary Puck forum, Flames fans can match up the dates on the obvious rumors and rumors reported by the local reporters as well as rumors reported by national reporters in the hockey space all this season.

*snip*
There’s nothing in here but low-information speculation. Taking what actual insiders have said and spicing it up with things that will pander to Flames fans. You can find similar Facebook posts and Twitter replies and these posts are just as valid as those are.

Pretty obvious this “insider” is a Flames fan who doesn’t watch other teams play and wants clout from the Flames community, so he tells them what they want to hear. We know the Devils called about Markstrom, so let’s exaggerate everything about that even if the exaggerations don’t make any sense at all.

Anyways, Markstrom got pulled last night allowing 4 goals on 12 shots while Daws made 40 saves in prime time. If Calgary still wants a deal to get done they’re going to have to improve their offer.

• Haha
Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
There’s nothing in here but low-information speculation. Taking what actual insiders have said and spicing it up with things that will pander to Flames fans. You can find similar Facebook posts and Twitter replies and these posts are just as valid as those are.

Pretty obvious this “insider” is a Flames fan who doesn’t watch other teams play and wants clout from the Flames community, so he tells them what they want to hear. We know the Devils called about Markstrom, so let’s exaggerate everything about that even if the exaggerations don’t make any sense at all.

Anyways, Markstrom got pulled last night allowing 4 goals on 12 shots while Daws made 40 saves in prime time. If Calgary still wants a deal to get done they’re going to have to improve their offer.
My thoughts exactly. CGY you need to improve your offer now. Daws has put up a .940 over the last week.

Meanwhile Markstrom was horrendous last night. So pull the offer and make it lower now.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
One of the guys who posted was all butt hurt on Friday that people were questioning his sources.

Looks like people were right to question it. I guess you can just get away with making up any rumor on that site. Even if he's been right about things in the past, it shouldn't give him a pass to spread false rumors.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fix the title, there was no real source, just rumors from pretenders

One of the guys who posted was all butt hurt on Friday that people were questioning his sources.

Looks like people were right to question it. I guess you can just get away with making up any rumor on that site. Even if he's been right about things in the past, it shouldn't give him a pass to spread false rumors.
Why on earth would anyone with an insider connection ever want to share inside info if they could end up getting trashed like this if the trade falls through? ...which happens more often than not.
Frankly it's posters like yourselves that are sounding butt hurt.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Why on earth would anyone with an insider connection ever want to share inside info if they could end up getting trashed like this if the trade falls through? ...which happens more often than not.
The problem is he didn't say "there are discussions, nothing more". He implied from his stupid memes that the deal was basically done.

Then got butthurt when nothing happened and people asked why. He also added fuel to the fire and the Flames have played like absolute crap since these rumors started. So yes, I think he needs to be more specific if he wants to spread rumors that they are simply rumors and not facts.

Reactions: DFF

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
It would also help if he actually got something right once and awhile.

I fully understand that many times real insiders report talks that happened and then fell through but when your whole schtick is to pretend to be an insider, not actually ever get anything right, post dumb GIFs to get reactions and then cry when people don't kiss your ass. I'm not sure there is much if anything lost if they don't post their oh so witty GIFs and no real information.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
It appears Conroy overplayed his hand, sort of losing leverage with Daws playing like one of the best young goaltenders in the NHL, especially on medium and high danger chances.

Calgary doesn’t have to trade Markstrom though, I’m sure they will love having a very good 34 year old goaltender during a rebuild.
IMG_2446.jpeg

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You do sound butt hurt defending him

I am just pointing out it’s false information.

Why do we need insider anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad