Speculation: Some non-media sources say Devils and Flames have agreement on Markstrom trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
My thoughts exactly. CGY you need to improve your offer now. Daws has put up a .940 over the last week.

Meanwhile Markstrom was horrendous last night. So pull the offer and make it lower now.
Not saying there was or should be a deal, but I hope GMs don’t make decisions based on a couple games

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Be careful what you wish for.

It appears that Markstrom's stellar play is the only thing holding the Flames from a full-scale, multi-year tank special.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Be careful what you wish for.

It appears that Markstrom's stellar play is the only thing holding the Flames from a full-scale, multi-year tank special.
Not for long. They have 2 dmen left after selling off Hanifin and Tanev

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Conroy says he only wants players that want to play in Calgary.

But why do so many players want to leave Calgary?

Make no sense.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
One of the guys who posted was all butt hurt on Friday that people were questioning his sources.

Looks like people were right to question it. I guess you can just get away with making up any rumor on that site. Even if he's been right about things in the past, it shouldn't give him a pass to spread false rumors.
I’ve haven’t read this thread in detail ut….. it isn’t much of a stretch to say flames and devils might have a core agreement in place but it’s being held up because (1) flames want to feel they are out of playoffs, and (2) prospect evaluation like devils are offering 3 different prospects in the deal so flames want to watch some of their games. At the same time devils don’t want to fall to far back of the playoffs either. Markstrom doesn’t appear to have an issue.

Bond

May 10, 2012

Make no sense.
Most of it was Treliving. Signed crappy UFAs that forced him to bridge Tkachuk and then played hardball with Gaudreau and got burned. He also brought in Sutter after the rest of his coaching hires failed and Tkachuk didn’t like him. As for players leaving now, most good players aren’t going to willing commit to a rebuild.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Not saying there was or should be a deal, but I hope GMs don’t make decisions based on a couple games
Shouldn’t kill a deal BUT when Conroy tries to play his hand and get more value for something and then the very 1 thing we were desperate for has seemingly improved, of course you are lower the offer.

These GMs are going to use whatever leverage we have. Conroy had us by the balls 2 weeks ago

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Make no sense.
Since the COVID lockdown, it seems several US born players that were in Canada at the time and unable to see family have decided it's better for them to play in the US in case something like that happens again.

In addition to that, the Flames are entering a retool/rebuild, guys soon to be UFAs are choosing not to be apart of a rebuild.

People act like it's this mass exodus of people demanding trades, but the truth is Tkachuk is the only guy that really fits that.

So it makes plenty of sense why some players are choosing to leave.

Reactions: HBK27

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Nah, I think they are still going to be looking at a goalie. Schmid helped win them a playoff round last year and was very good for most of the season and the talk all off season and into the season, even before the devils goaltending cratered was that he wanted to add a goalie.

But targets could certainly change.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Anyways, Markstrom got pulled last night allowing 4 goals on 12 shots while Daws made 40 saves in prime time. If Calgary still wants a deal to get done they’re going to have to improve their offer.

My thoughts exactly. CGY you need to improve your offer now. Daws has put up a .940 over the last week.

Meanwhile Markstrom was horrendous last night. So pull the offer and make it lower now.
Fortunately most GM’s don’t suffer from severe recency bias lol. You guys have literally been linked to every goalie out there for months now, using a one week sample to change the narrative is just crazy. Let’s see how you feel in a few weeks

As a Flames fan living in the NY/NJ area and hoping for the Devils to go on a run, Markstrom would be such a good add for you and provide the stability you guys so desperately need. Plus an unreal mentor to guys like Daws who can then take the reigns in a few years instead of throwing him into the fire right now and watching him flame out like Vanacek/Blackwood/every other goalie NJ management has tried to force into a starter role without a proven track record

Last edited:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
So do I pickup Daws in fantasy or not

Absolutely. Even if he does split the tandem with Markstrom eventually. You can always drop him if/when the trade happens.

Is there any actual source that this trade is still happening? Because all I see is insiders who were caught lying and disappeared.

I've heard rumblings from NJ side that there are still talks. Don't know more than that.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Is there any actual source that this trade is still happening? Because all I see is insiders who were caught lying and disappeared.

Would have needed to be happening before it could "still be happening".

I think it's all probably still just talk. Not going to surprise me if it gets done, but seems like its mostly just chatter back and forth and forth.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
It would also help if he actually got something right once and awhile.

I fully understand that many times real insiders report talks that happened and then fell through but when your whole schtick is to pretend to be an insider, not actually ever get anything right, post dumb GIFs to get reactions and then cry when people don't kiss your ass. I'm not sure there is much if anything lost if they don't post their oh so witty GIFs and no real information.
This is exactly it. He was posting all these Markstrom rumors. Then adds that "finally we have a GM who loves the city of Calgary and knows how to make deals" or some crap.

Then later adds a gif of someone riding a horse into the sunset implying Markstrom is gone. When he is still here.

The guy is just an attention seeker, provided no real inside information that I can tell.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I don't understand why NJ traded Blackwood and gave up on him so early, when he was going to be the best of all the goalies they have now. SJ stole that trade.

Had they been more patient with him, NJ wouldn't be looking to a starter right now.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
That is not what Coleman said 2 days ago:

Said that and then the entire team minus the rookies decide to take the last 2 games off.

Don't think I've ever seen Lindholm or Zadorov with a GAF meter as low as most of the players over the last 120 minutes.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don't understand why NJ traded Blackwood and gave up on him so early, when he was going to be the best of all the goalies they have now. SJ stole that trade.

Had they been more patient with him, NJ wouldn't be looking to a starter right now.
Injury prone, not any good. He was never ever coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad