Speculation: Some non-media sources say Devils and Flames have agreement on Markstrom trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Interesting. I wonder what the cost is with retention

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like how the Flames haven’t gone to him yet, but his name is brought up all the time. Am I supposed to think he doesn’t know what’s going on?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
The likelihood of the Flames opting to extend for an additional two years seems improbable. Moreover, unless presented with a compelling offer, retaining Markstrom for a minimum of one more year while allowing Wolf to progress appears to be the prudent course of action.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just means they haven't asked him if he would waive to go to any specific team. No point unless they get an offer that they'd be willing to accept.
I don’t doubt that, and it’s been said he doesn’t appreciate that it is out there. But even if the Flames haven’t gone to him, am I supposed to believe that he doesn’t know what’s out there?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I don’t doubt that, and it’s been said he doesn’t appreciate that it is out there. But even if the Flames haven’t gone to him, am I supposed to believe that he doesn’t know what’s out there?
I'm sure he at least knows who's interested. I don't doubt that they've had a conversation and Conroy has a rough idea of what sort of situation he'd be willing to be moved in. Guessing the team doesn't want to distract him too much since they are still fighting for a playoff spot at the moment.

Reactions: GKJ

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
It's a really tough ask to make the playoffs this year i think. I'm not sure anything they do is overly useful for this year.

What was his offer?
a 5 point gain in 30 games is a pretty tough task but might be doable considering how far nj got with bad goaltending. it's really a trade that needs to be done asap.

edit: its actually 6 points now but they have 3 games in hand.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
a 5 point gain in 30 games is a pretty tough task but might be doable considering how far nj got with bad goaltending. it's really a trade that needs to be done asap.

edit: its actually 6 points now but they have 3 games in hand.

Markstrom would have the devils back in a playoff position inside two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad