Speculation: Some non-media sources say Devils and Flames have agreement on Markstrom trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Someone explain to me what "non-media sources" are

People roleplaying as insiders but their leaks are just obvious moves, or doubling down on rumors from the real "insiders" like Friedman. With that percent chance of being right, they cultivate "rep" that the members of that forum believe, and are now considered "legit" even when wrong.

Reactions: The Grinder

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I can definitely see Markstrom in Carolina, they're more along with their window than we are. A lot more questions with their UFA's + defense and Andersen's health. They can't go into a playoff run with Raanta + Kotchekov again

That's any goalie tbf, I wouldn't put just Markstrom in that. It's a weird position man lol
Yeah, but when Markstrom is on, he’s on. He’s been Vezina calibre this year.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
"trade is imminent" "tomorrow" "delayed cuz of outside game business" "wont be on team in a week"

CP insiders with 4-5 walkbacks to "confirm" a rumor being right. :thumbu:
Their intel was probably good... I don't think they were calculating Fitz snowballing and trying to make the deal bigger than it needed to be. Unless you also expect the CP insiders to be physically present and know every single detail.

It definitely isn't the fault of either teams GM being wishywashy. No, let's blame the nefarious insiders of a forum. That seems rational.

Perhaps the onus should be placed on those that put faith in said insiders? It's sometimes hard to put accountability on ones own mistakes though. Easier to blame someone else.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Their intel was probably good... I don't think they were calculating Fitz snowballing and trying to make the deal bigger than it needed to be. Unless you also expect the CP insiders to be physically present and know every single detail.

It definitely isn't the fault of either teams GM being wishywashy. No, let's blame the nefarious insiders of a forum. That seems rational.

Perhaps the onus should be placed on those that put faith in said insiders? It's sometimes hard to put accountability on ones own mistakes though. Easier to blame someone else.
With that rationale, I could literally start up my own insider gig, if people like you will defend me, and blame the GMs and hockey staff for the fake rumors not coming to fruition lmao

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
With that rationale, I could literally start up my own insider gig, if people like you will defend me, and blame the GMs and hockey staff for the fake rumors not coming to fruition lmao
Perhaps you should, if it's that straightforward. It'll make the days pass a little faster, if nothing else.

Does it look like I'm defending the CP insiders? Apologies. I just think people that put blind faith in them need to take a hard look at themselves instead of blaming them when they don't know everything or if the trade doesn't occur in a reasonable amount of time.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
People roleplaying as insiders but their leaks are just obvious moves, or doubling down on rumors from the real "insiders" like Friedman. With that percent chance of being right, they cultivate "rep" that the members of that forum believe, and are now considered "legit" even when wrong.
A lot of desperation . They were just looking for something to grab on. The team is terrible. Treliving really f***ed them up

I feel sorry for them really

Reactions: KaraLupin

Bond

May 10, 2012
A lot of desperation . They were just looking for something to grab on. The team is terrible. Treliving really f***ed them up

I feel sorry for them really
The Flames are actually in a decent spot to tear it down if they commit to it. That’s why I want a Markstrom trade. Will show they are actually committed to proactively entering a rebuild. Would be the first time they traded someone one with value that wasn’t expiring.

Reactions: DFF

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
But where is the actual source material for the "non-media" source's claims? Shouldn't that be made available in the OP so we at least know what we are discussing?

Was it a random guy on Twitter who has broken trades in the past that the mods decided to believe?

Was it an HF poster like that guy on the Edmonton forum with connections to the team?

One time we had a guy make an account of HF Habs to break the Michael Ryder for Erik Cole trade, he was friend's with Ryder's brother IRL and got the news before anyone in the media. Mods closed the thread then he PMd them with proof and they reopened it.

I'm just curious why we don't address the source of the rumor, because that would add so much context

Bond

May 10, 2012
But where is the actual source material for the "non-media" source's claims? Shouldn't that be made available in the OP so we at least know what we are discussing?

Was it a random guy on Twitter who has broken trades in the past that the mods decided to believe?

Was it an HF poster like that guy on the Edmonton forum with connections to the team?

One time we had a guy make an account of HF Habs to break the Michael Ryder for Erik Cole trade, he was friend's with Ryder's brother IRL and got the news before anyone in the media. Mods closed the thread then he PMd them with proof and they reopened it.

I'm just curious why we don't address the source of the rumor, because that would add so much context
The one insider on the Flames forum that I believe is Rasta who has broken a few things with actual details. Ie knew the Backlund contract before the media and some other Flames tidbits over the years. Gudbranson signing was another one. Although this time he was the most vague, just said something was moving.
No returns were actually speculated on by any of them unless thamannumbers knows something.

For what? Just Markstrom? Or Marky + Hanifin?
He must know something else unless he was just buying into the hype on CP.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
I guess. There's no flying f***ing way Fitz would offer that deal just for Markstrom. Not a chance in hell.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The one insider on the Flames forum that I believe is Rasta who has broken a few things with actual details. Ie knew the Backlund contract before the media and some other Flames tidbits over the years. Gudbranson signing was another one. Although this time he was the most vague, just said something was moving.
No returns were actually speculated on by any of them unless thamannumbers knows something.

Yes, the one on there said it was roster player (speculated to be Holtz) + 1st + conditional 2nd + Prospect. For Markstrom with retention.

A second insider confirmed he heard similar return.

That was the original rumor. All I've heard is a deal was basically done but that guy has gone dark and said hes heard nothing since Thurs night. So I'm assuming it's blown up again.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yes, the one on there said it was roster player (speculated to be Holtz) + 1st + conditional 2nd + Prospect. For Markstrom with retention.

A second insider confirmed he heard similar return.

That was the original rumor. All I've heard is a deal was basically done but that guy has gone dark and said hes heard nothing since Thurs night. So I'm assuming it's blown up again.

He’s just sobering up from his k-hole I’m sure he’ll be posting more insider information soon

Reactions: KaraLupin

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
He’s just sobering up from his k-hole I’m sure he’ll be posting more insider information soon
I mean the one guy was saying last night it would happen after the Stadium Series games and that was the hold up.

But it would make no sense to start Markstrom if this was the case.

Reading between the lines, I really think it's done unless Conroy decided to just risk his trade asset for zero reason.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Wolf was also surprised by the start on Thursday. It was not scheduled.

Something was brewing over the last couple days. But I know the Devils GM wasn't the biggest fan of Conroy last week so could have fallen apart again.

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad