Speculation: Some non-media sources say Devils and Flames have agreement on Markstrom trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
To add to this, people are acting like $6m for Markstrom is a lot of money. It's really not. They need to pay attention to what goalies are making.

This is every goalie contract of 4m or more since Markstrom signed and if someone can look at that list and tell me 6m is a bad contract, they're lying. I'm not saying it's a steal or anything, but it is certainly not bad by any means.
View attachment 822006

Yeah, definitely don't think the aav is an issue, but the biggest problem is just that nobody has that money in season. Nobody competitive at any rate. And it's not a rental, so the most common fix to that, retention, is a lot more complicated. Getting the money to match isn't going to be easy which is why if the devils don't work, I just don't think markstrom moves until the offseason at the earliest

Reactions: My3Sons

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
All the people doubting the Flames leakers...

I 100% believe it. The Flames aren't like some of the other orgs, the Flames aren't like Colorado or NYI where they hold down information.

The Flames let information flow more freely around their offices than other teams, they appreciate a lot of input.

Or at least, that's what the scouts tell me. There's some scouts out there who don't know what's going on outside of what their directors tell them, the Flames scouts are encouraged to share information in order to find out as much as possible.

I could tell you, for the most part, which players interested then and which players were as close to being do not drafts.

Being a Flames insider isn't hard to do, you just have to know one of the many people in the org.

I believe that the leakers were accurate, things probably weren't as close as they realized or changed pretty quick.
Another ’insider'?

Btw, Conroy said Treliving worked by himself so this sharing stuff is sweet but not accurate…

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
2-18 - dissentowner

"I am hearing rumblings that Shane Wright is frustrated with the way the Kraken have handled him and is looking for a change of scenery. That would be a perfect guy to take a chance on for Calgary except the price would be high for a division rival and Seattle is set on defence and does not need Markstrom."

"Out of our players rumoured on the market here is who i have heard has interest.
I have listed them as serious interest as there is a lot of smoke there, and have inquired which means I have heard those teams have touched base but I don't know how serious they are.

Markstrom:

Serious interest: New Jersey, Los Angeles, Carolina

Have inquired: Colorado, Toronto

Vladar:

Have inquired: Flyers

Hanifin:

Serious Interest: Arizona, Boston, Tampa Bay

Have Inquired: Buffalo, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, New Jersey, NYR, Toronto, Vancouver, Vegas

Tanev:

Serious Interest: Dallas, Ottawa (wtf), Toronto, Vancouver, Vegas

Have Inquired: Colorado, Edmonton (haha!), Florida, LA, New Jersey, NYR, Pitts.

Make of it what you will."

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
2-18 - dissentowner

"I am hearing rumblings that Shane Wright is frustrated with the way the Kraken have handled him and is looking for a change of scenery. That would be a perfect guy to take a chance on for Calgary except the price would be high for a division rival and Seattle is set on defence and does not need Markstrom."

"Out of our players rumoured on the market here is who i have heard has interest.
I have listed them as serious interest as there is a lot of smoke there, and have inquired which means I have heard those teams have touched base but I don't know how serious they are.

Markstrom:

Vladar:

Hanifin:

Have Inquired: Buffalo, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, New Jersey, NYR, Toronto, Vancouver, Vegas

Tanev:

This guy also said the Devils and Flames deal was being finalized a few days ago lmao.

Yeah, totally believable.

• Haha
Reactions: KaraLupin

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At this point I think that all it takes is one big trade then the domino affect will happen.

Hopefully it's soon as Calgary might be extremely active.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

This guy also said the Devils and Flames deal was being finalized a few days ago lmao.

Yeah, totally believable.
We get it. A couple of posters made predictions and those predictions or claims or whatever you want to call them and they haven't, so far, come true. You're really pissed off.... to the nth degree the way you are carrying on.
Let it go

Reactions: Just Linda

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
2-18 - dissentowner

Markstrom:

Vladar:

Hanifin:

Tanev:

Make of it what you will?

LOL a made up rumour by a pathetic loser looking for attention? What should people make of that?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
We get it. A couple of posters made predictions and those predictions or claims or whatever you want to call them and they haven't, so far, come true. You're really pissed off.... to the nth degree the way you are carrying on.
Let it go
Maybe you should let go about telling others to let it go and be one with the wind and sky.

cold never bothered me anyway.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Let it go
I'm just informing people so they don't get hyped up again over nothing.

There are enough false rumors being spread every day, we don't need to promote them on this site.

Reactions: KaraLupin

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Nope I never post fake rumours, pretend to be an insider and then cry when people don't kiss my ass for doing it. Sorry you want to back divas that is on you and you have to own your own actions.
I didn't say you did.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
One things for sure, the way they played yesterday, as a follow-up to the effort against San Jose, shows the Flames have some internal issues at this point. Looks like it’s now effecting the locker room, as they eluded to on the Sportsnet broadcast. The sooner Hanifin, Tanev and Markstrom are gone, they can move forward.

Markstrom is obviously a little different situation, but if there’s a deal to move him, it’s probably the right thing to do at this point, as well.

The other point of interest with the Flames is… having these conversations with other managers, is going to lead to other players being discussed. Nobody should be surprised if someone like Kadri or Mangiapane is also sent packing, or a player like Sharangovich or Pospisil is included with Hanifin, to increase the quality of return Hanifin gets…. For example, if Detroit says, they’ll include ASP instead of a Wallinder, but they want Sharagovich included, Calgary WILL consider that. It’s how a lot of multi-player trades end up happening.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
One things for sure, the way they played yesterday, as a follow-up to the effort against San Jose, shows the Flames have some internal issues at this point. Looks like it’s now effecting the locker room, as they eluded to on the Sportsnet broadcast. The sooner Hanifin, Tanev and Markstrom are gone, they can move forward.

Markstrom is obviously a little different situation, but if there’s a deal to move him, it’s probably the right thing to do at this point, as well.

The other point of interest with the Flames is… having these conversations with other managers, is going to lead to other players being discussed. Nobody should be surprised if someone like Kadri or Mangiapane is also sent packing, or a player like Sharangovich or Pospisil is included with Hanifin, to increase the quality of return Hanifin gets…. For example, if Detroit says, they’ll include ASP instead of a Wallinder, but they want Sharagovich included, Calgary WILL consider that. It’s how a lot of multi-player trades end up happening.
I could really see a blockbuster between the Flames and Lightning tbh. Hanifin and Mangiapane or Sharangovich (or both?) in a deal for Cirelli+

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

I really hope we don't deal Pospisil. He's the heart beat of the team and you need a player other teams hate to play against. Kind of sad that it's a rookie but the record with him in the lineup vs without him is insane.

I think clearly the players have been hearing these rumors too. That has to affect a player like Markstrom who doesn't know which day this week he will have to pack his bags. Hell, it seemed he thought he would be gone before Saturday with his tone during warm ups Thurs.

Also has to mess with a locker room who was buying into the "make playoffs" thing prior to rumors that every good player on Calgary with a moveable contract will be gone soon lol. After just trading their best center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad