Speculation: Some non-media sources say Devils and Flames have agreement on Markstrom trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Liars? You're certainly throwing a lot of mud around in your accusations. smh
Where is the trade? This guy made posts implying it was a done deal and Markstrom still played.

Then he said they couldn't announce it until after the outdoor game. Still haven't heard anything.

All the "insiders" on Calgarypuck have disappeared now. So whether it was a lie or they had false information, it seems this deal is not happening.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That is not what Coleman said 2 days ago:

Zadorov asked for a trade because we stopped negotiating an extension, he was traded quickly because he called out his teammates for not putting the team first just days before the request was made public by his agent. Lindholm fits the group of expiring UFAs unwilling to go through a rebuild. "Not wanting to be there" could be as simple as being open about being unwilling to re-sign.

Where is the trade? This guy made posts implying it was a done deal and Markstrom still played.

Then he said they couldn't announce it until after the outdoor game. Still haven't heard anything.

All the "insiders" on Calgarypuck have disappeared now. So whether it was a lie or they had false information, it seems this deal is not happening.
the irony considering you were the one spamming this thread with those rumors from CP

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

It could very well be that he's truthfully relaying information told to him by his inside source. I doubt his source is Conroy so by the time he's getting any info it may have already gone through a couple of hands. Just because the info he relayed to us is wrong doesn't mean he's a liar. It just may mean the info given to him was either not quite accurate or current. Calling someone a liar is a huge accusation... particularly when you don't know all the facts.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
It could very well be that he's truthfully relaying information told to him by his inside source. I doubt his source is Conroy so by the time he's getting any info it may have already gone through a couple of hands. Just because the info he relayed to us is wrong doesn't mean he's a liar. It just may mean the info given to him was either not quite accurate or current. Calling someone a liar is a huge accusation... particularly when you don't know all the facts.
I'm just saying one insider on there posts "I heard something is happening but can't confirm which players or if it is finalized". That is completely fine as a rumor because he is admitting it isn't certain or a done deal.

The guy I'm specifically talking about posted a bunch of gifs implying it was a done deal. And made a post gushing about how Conroy is such an amazing GM. Then gets mad at other posters who are asking where the trade is.

Do you not see the difference between the two?

Reactions: HBK27

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

Its such bad luck that all the "inside" info those guys have just turn out to never come true. But don't you dare point it out or they will threaten to never share their "information" that consistently results in nothing.

There is one guy there that has shared inside information that has comes true, he is also the only one that isn't a diva crying about people questioning sources and threatens to leave the site.

Like I said above when the guys who get nothing right constantly act like divas when questioned and the one guy that constantly gets things right just post info and leaves it at that, it makes you question the motives of the two divas who provide zero value.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
No one is holding anything against you. I’ve been on this site long enough to know “insiders” have gotten lucky one or two times to gain notoriety and milk it for everything it’s worth. If anything else it was fun, I haven’t hunted rumors since late 00’s.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
It means "some dudes on a hockey forum". Technically, you and I are non-media sources. Mazel Tov!

People roleplaying as insiders but their leaks are just obvious moves, or doubling down on rumors from the real "insiders" like Friedman. With that percent chance of being right, they cultivate "rep" that the members of that forum believe, and are now considered "legit" even when wrong.
Do these people have names? Are they former players or executives?

If named, their names should be in OP (not Friedman's clip...seems like bait and switch)

If they are anonymous, I would suggest mods close this thread. Or at least alter it to reflect that it is a random internet rumor.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Do these people have names? Are they former players or executives?

If named, their names should be in OP (not Friedman's clip...seems like bait and switch)

If they are anonymous, I would suggest mods close this thread. Or at least alter it to reflect that it is a random internet rumor.
Probably a boyfriend of a babysitter for a data entry lady in the Flames ticket office….

Of course they don’t have a name, otherwise they would have been fired for leaking

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Its such bad luck that all the "inside" info those guys have just turn out to never come true. But don't you dare point it out or they will threaten to never share their "information" that consistently results in nothing.

There is one guy there that has shared inside information that has comes true, he is also the only one that isn't a diva crying about people questioning sources and threatens to leave the site.

Like I said above when the guys who get nothing right constantly act like divas when questioned and the one guy that constantly gets things right just post info and leaves it at that, it makes you question the motives of the two divas who provide zero value.
Yeah, I don't really get why he was acting like a diva.

I mean before the information fully came out about Dube, he was posting pizza gifs. So I really think it's just some kid who happened to get a few right in the past. Because that isn't something a normal human being would send gifs about.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What’s even the buyers market for 6M goalies right now?

Carolina - Anderson slowly coming back from injury. Kochetkov back from injury and posting some decent starts including a shutout.
Colorado - They seem to see Georgiev as their number 1 and have Center depth to shore up before they go all in for a goalie.
Kings - Sure they could be in the market but they may fall out of the playoff race. And Blake has already made one huge goalie blunder in Cal Petersen, would he be willing to risk another. With the recent firing of TMac, It could be the end of his job if it doesn’t work out.

So whats left? Only the Devils it seems.

And Saros is also on the market along with cheaper bargain bin additions like Nedeljekovic, Lindholm, Kahkonnen, Blackwood, etc etc.

Conroy should stop being so stingey here with Markstrom. He really doesn’t have the value he thinks he has.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
All the people doubting the Flames leakers...

I 100% believe it. The Flames aren't like some of the other orgs, the Flames aren't like Colorado or NYI where they hold down information.

The Flames let information flow more freely around their offices than other teams, they appreciate a lot of input.

Or at least, that's what the scouts tell me. There's some scouts out there who don't know what's going on outside of what their directors tell them, the Flames scouts are encouraged to share information in order to find out as much as possible.

I could tell you, for the most part, which players interested then and which players were as close to being do not drafts.

Being a Flames insider isn't hard to do, you just have to know one of the many people in the org.

I believe that the leakers were accurate, things probably weren't as close as they realized or changed pretty quick.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
All the people doubting the Flames leakers...

I 100% believe it. The Flames aren't like some of the other orgs, the Flames aren't like Colorado or NYI where they hold down information.

The Flames let information flow more freely around their offices than other teams, they appreciate a lot of input.

Or at least, that's what the scouts tell me. There's some scouts out there who don't know what's going on outside of what their directors tell them, the Flames scouts are encouraged to share information in order to find out as much as possible.

I could tell you, for the most part, which players interested then and which players were as close to being do not drafts.

Being a Flames insider isn't hard to do, you just have to know one of the many people in the org.

I believe that the leakers were accurate, things probably weren't as close as they realized or changed pretty quick.
I'd argue it is a bad thing though. The players have obviously seen these rumors and are playing like crap as a result.

Imagine being Markstrom thinking you've been traded for days and then needing to start on Saturday.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd argue it is a bad thing though. The players have obviously seen these rumors and are playing like crap as a result.

Imagine being Markstrom thinking you've been traded for days and then needing to start on Saturday.
Are you seriously obtuse enough to believe the organization isn't also speaking to these players? Markstrom has a NMC, he's literally not allowed to be traded anywhere unless he says yes. Hanifin has a M-NTC and has apparently pulled the plug on re-signing, so he's not shocked about his name.

You really need to work on critical thinking

Reactions: Just Linda and Bond

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Are you seriously obtuse enough to believe the organization isn't also speaking to these players? Markstrom has a NMC, he's literally not allowed to be traded anywhere unless he says yes. Hanifin has a M-NTC and has apparently pulled the plug on re-signing, so he's not shocked about his name.

You really need to work on critical thinking
Wasn't part of the rumors that he waived the NMC a week ago. I don't know, there are so many it is tough to keep up.

Either way though, players hear these things. Hell, my friend who barely watches hockey said didn't Calgary trade their goalie this weekend. It's spread around the city for sure.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wasn't part of the rumors that he waived the NMC a week ago. I don't know, there are so many it is tough to keep up.

Either way though, players hear these things. Hell, my friend who barely watches hockey said didn't Calgary trade their goalie this weekend. It's spread around the city for sure.
Agreeing to waive a NMC is not the same as officially waiving it, that is done at the time of the trade, so Markstrom would 100% know for sure of he was traded.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
What’s even the buyers market for 6M goalies right now?

Carolina - Anderson slowly coming back from injury. Kochetkov back from injury and posting some decent starts including a shutout.
Colorado - They seem to see Georgiev as their number 1 and have Center depth to shore up before they go all in for a goalie.
Kings - Sure they could be in the market but they may fall out of the playoff race. And Blake has already made one huge goalie blunder in Cal Petersen, would he be willing to risk another. With the recent firing of TMac, It could be the end of his job if it doesn’t work out.

So whats left? Only the Devils it seems.

And Saros is also on the market along with cheaper bargain bin additions like Nedeljekovic, Lindholm, Kahkonnen, Blackwood, etc etc.

Conroy should stop being so stingey here with Markstrom. He really doesn’t have the value he thinks he has.

i think it was CJ who said he couldn't really speak to any other people involved in markstrom talks.

In season, I think it's devils or bust for the flames. I don't think Calgary is in any hurry to move him though. Probably easier in the off season, so I don't think they are sweating it or anything

kiwidevil

i think it was CJ who said he couldn't really speak to any other people involved in markstrom talks.

In season, I think it's devils or bust for the flames. I don't think Calgary is in any hurry to move him though. Probably easier in the off season, so I don't think they are sweating it or anything
The problem is right now is likely Markstroms peak value. Conroy can really kick start the rebuild with a good move here. The offseason means the acquiring team pays less instantly as they don't get 3 playoff runs on this contract, then if his play/stats even tail off a bit, the value drops more.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yeh for as much as has been talked about about how this is a hot goalie market this year, there really hasn’t been much chatter on that front lately. We know Elvis was put on the market but then shelved cause there wasn’t any interest. We know Allen has been on the market forever and there doesn’t seem to be anything imminent there. Maybe Colorado looks at him as a 1B? But in terms of bonafide starters like Markstrom there looks to be only 1 team in on that sweepstakes. And that 1 team could also look at Saros.

If anything it’s starting to shape up like a buyers market for the devils.

Calgary could wait for the offseason. Big money moves are always easier in the offseason. But then you are competing with a fresh crop of free agents that can be had for free… and teams are without any playoff or season saving pressures.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

To add to this, people are acting like $6m for Markstrom is a lot of money. It's really not. They need to pay attention to what goalies are making.

This is every goalie contract of 4m or more since Markstrom signed and if someone can look at that list and tell me 6m is a bad contract, they're lying. I'm not saying it's a steal or anything, but it is certainly not bad by any means.
1708302144510.png

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't understand why NJ traded Blackwood and gave up on him so early, when he was going to be the best of all the goalies they have now. SJ stole that trade.

Had they been more patient with him, NJ wouldn't be looking to a starter right now.

Blackwood stinks, is a shitty teammate, and can't stay healthy

glad to be rid of him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The funniest thing about this to me is that anyone in an NHL front office would have watched Mercer's career to this point and come to the conclusion that he will fill a void for center. He's been horrendous whenever he's played C in the NHL.

You and I both know that’s BS. Who pushed 13 to 3C?

Reactions: Rhodes 81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino