Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Speaking of LFC, how is Paul Glatzel doing? Not sure how highly he's rated but some german NT folks think he could bridge the gap at the youth levels between Arp & Moukoko

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Marcus Edwards seems to be in Poch's doghouse. He will most likely include a few academy players in the squad tomorrow but not him. Believe that he lacks commitment in training.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Speaking of LFC, how is Paul Glatzel doing? Not sure how highly he's rated but some german NT folks think he could bridge the gap at the youth levels between Arp & Moukoko

Don't really think that'd suit him, he's not a 9 in the style of those two. Wouldn't be the most comfortable being asked to lead the attack on his own as the focal point.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hey Juni, been a while, how are you doing?

What is your analysis of all those english successes in youth competitions this year?
Truly great generations coming up? What are your expectations?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't really think that'd suit him, he's not a 9 in the style of those two. Wouldn't be the most comfortable being asked to lead the attack on his own as the focal point.

I wish I could like your posts more than once.

So is he more of a supporting forward in the mold of Thomas Müller then? Because he was listed as a forward with the u15s and the germans who I heard talking about him mentioned him as one of the options to play as part of a front two...since we have a lot of young forward prospects coming up (especially amongst the 2001ers) though none of them has yet ran away from the pack the way Werner, Eggestein & Arp did in their age groups.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Hey Juni, been a while, how are you doing?

What is your analysis of all those english successes in youth competitions this year?
Truly great generations coming up? What are your expectations?

I think the 2000s generation that just won the World Cup is potentially England's greatest; there's never been a pool of players born in the same year that have achieved as much as they have at such a young age, but the question mark is whether they'll get the opportunity to make good on their potential. The summer of success is testament to the tremendous work being done at club academies, not at the FA, and there's such a depth of talent now that it's impossible for some of them not to break through; the players will filter down to smaller PL and Championship clubs as the pathway at the very top will always be closed, but there are too many good players for them to not eventually leave England with a far broader and more impressive pool of players to choose form than they currently have (I mean Jake Livermore ffs, come on).

I wish I could like your posts more than once.

So is he more of a supporting forward in the mold of Thomas Müller then? Because he was listed as a forward with the u15s and the germans who I heard talking about him mentioned him as one of the options to play as part of a front two...since we have a lot of young forward prospects coming up (especially amongst the 2001ers) though none of them has yet ran away from the pack the way Werner, Eggestein & Arp did in their age groups.

Said with the full admission that I've not seen him enough to know his game inside out, it was mainly the fact that he doesn't have the physique to be a 9 in the style of Arp or Moukoko. He's smaller than that, probably best suited as a second striker or as a 10 playing off a lone forward, and if you've not got that physique you're not going to be a lone forward at any notable level unless you've got at least one other outstanding attribute. He might, he might not, but for the time being he's not that sort of player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think the 2000s generation that just won the World Cup is potentially England's greatest; there's never been a pool of players born in the same year that have achieved as much as they have at such a young age, but the question mark is whether they'll get the opportunity to make good on their potential. The summer of success is testament to the tremendous work being done at club academies, not at the FA, and there's such a depth of talent now that it's impossible for some of them not to break through; the players will filter down to smaller PL and Championship clubs as the pathway at the very top will always be closed, but there are too many good players for them to not eventually leave England with a far broader and more impressive pool of players to choose form than they currently have (I mean Jake Livermore ffs, come on).
Thanks !

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Said with the full admission that I've not seen him enough to know his game inside out, it was mainly the fact that he doesn't have the physique to be a 9 in the style of Arp or Moukoko. He's smaller than that, probably best suited as a second striker or as a 10 playing off a lone forward, and if you've not got that physique you're not going to be a lone forward at any notable level unless you've got at least one other outstanding attribute. He might, he might not, but for the time being he's not that sort of player.

I think the thinking was that given the rise of two forward formations in germany, that we don't need as physically robust of forwards anymore. So even though Arp & Moukoko are two of the hottest names in the country, finesse forwards more in the mold of Eggestein or Kühn could shine for the age groups between those two.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Although I haven't seen as much of him as I'd like right now Glatzel, while highly rated in scouse circles, has been playing midfield not up front.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
DQn3YKyXUAE5m4W.jpg

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Kylian is a world class talent everybody knows that..

How about talking about the next big thing? I suggest Houssem Aouar!! He is amazing.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I know. PSG academy is getting pillaged in recent years because players fear for their playing time. Going to Barca however wouldn't make much sense in that regard.

Reactions: John Pedro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Do we have any aussies on here who could comment on 2001 born Jacob Italiano? Some BMG scouts are really excited about the kid, while Eberl works to bring him to germany when he turns 18 in the summer of 2019; but I know nothing about him other than that he's apparently Tim Cahill reborn :dunno:

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Rodrygo (2001) just scored again for Santos. 2 goals in 3 games (all coming in as sub) so far in 2018... it's like watching Neymar turning into a star all over again. Brenner (2000) scored yesterday for Sao Paulo FC in the derby against Corinthians. The 2000/2001 generation looking really promising so far. Vinicius Jr and Lincoln started the year well for Flamengo too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Rodrygo (2001) just scored again for Santos. 2 goals in 3 games (all coming in as sub) so far in 2018... it's like watching Neymar turning into a star all over again. Brenner (2000) scored yesterday for Sao Paulo FC in the derby against Corinthians. The 2000/2001 generation looking really promising so far. Vinicius Jr and Lincoln started the year well for Flamengo too.

I'm going to need you to stop posting until the end of February. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad