Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Youssoufa Moukoko (13) now sitting on 30 goals and 4 assists in 16 games for Dortmund's u17 team. Even if you don't believe that he's 13 (he certainly looks quite young) what he's doing is so far beyond the level of his peers it's pretty insane even if he were 15/16. In these 16 games he's only been unable to register a goal or an assist in 1 (and he only played 40 minutes). From what footage I've seen he isn't physically dominating the league either -- good technique with both feet, fast...has anyone here maybe @Deficient Mode or @cgf watched more full footage of him than just highlights?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looks a lot like how Ongenda dominated youth ranks through sheer skill and IQ.
And then stuff happenned. Big head, bad behaviour, always late for practice.
Right now, he's without a job and has trouble paying the house he bought for his family after his first pro contract. An article was written a week or so ago about him. Such a waste of talent.

Anyway, young guys have a long way to go. There are many youth superstars that never amount to anything because of character, injuries or bad advices.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looks a lot like how Ongenda dominated youth ranks through sheer skill and IQ.
And then stuff happenned. Big head, bad behaviour, always late for practice.
Right now, he's without a job and has trouble paying the house he bought for his family after his first pro contract. An article was written a week or so ago about him. Such a waste of talent.

Anyway, young guys have a long way to go. There are many youth superstars that never amount to anything because of character, injuries or bad advices.
Absolutely. The biggest issue a lot of hyper-talented players face is either a) being in a bad environment or b) character issues. Injuries are obviously unfortunate as well. It's why you see a lot of guys that maybe aren't the most talented making it to the top level through sheer will and hard work (obviously they also need to have some talent).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I have probably not watched more of him that the rest of you have. It will be far easier to find streams of full matches when he moves up to the U19 level than it is at the U17 level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've seen two of his NT matches and he looks like the total package so far. Has good size but doesn't just dominate through being bigger and stronger than his peers. Blazing speed, high-level technique, and excellent instincts in the box. If he keeps busting his ass and can transition to the higher levels he could be an insane talent. Should be fun to see what he does in the coming years.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Willem Geubbels has rejected Lyon's latest offer. It's not a financial issue apparently, but the 16 year old wants some playing time and he isn't getting much with Lyon right now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And he has offers from Barcelona, City, Leipzig, but is close to signing with... Monaco.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was pretty sour about Daishawn Redan leaving Ajax for Chelsea but it's too hard not to appreciate his talent. He's a scoring machine. 17 and playing at the PL2 level for Chelsea (and scoring) and now at the U17 Euro qualifications he's led the Netherlands to a 2 - 0 start, scoring 3 and assisting 1 in the 4 goals that the Netherlands have scored (beating Iceland and Italy); so they're almost guaranteed to go to the Finals at this point.

Can see the highlights of the first two matches here:

Nigel Thomas looks pretty bright as well.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool Youngster Rhian Brewster Will Be Promoted to First Team Upon Return From Injury

Huge for Brewster. Hope he can take the chance.

EDIT: Also Harry Wilson has been killing it for Hull. 3 goals and 2 assists so far (also 2 penalties earned, both of which were missed by the penalty taker) in 6 appearances for the club. Pulling them out of the relegation zone. This after he was shown to be too good for the PL2. Very bright start to his loan (despite his injury) and must be giving Klopp some food for thought.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watch out for this kid. Box to box mid who's basically like a Lampard when it comes to goals and assists. He's also 6'4, can dribble and pass. Parks has been off the radar due to an unconventional career path, but he's slowly been integrated into Benfica's first team this season.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool Youngster Rhian Brewster Will Be Promoted to First Team Upon Return From Injury

Huge for Brewster. Hope he can take the chance.

EDIT: Also Harry Wilson has been killing it for Hull. 3 goals and 2 assists so far (also 2 penalties earned, both of which were missed by the penalty taker) in 6 appearances for the club. Pulling them out of the relegation zone. This after he was shown to be too good for the PL2. Very bright start to his loan (despite his injury) and must be giving Klopp some food for thought.
Wilson (and Woodburn) both called up for Wales.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
...aaaand Wilson gets his first goal in his first start for Wales. Pretty nice finish, too.

He also had one or two assists and was generally praised throughout the game. Not the toughest opposition obviously but his season just keeps getting better. Glad that they convinced him to sign another contract.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Talented Liverpool youngster Liam Millar got his first cap for Canada today against NZ and played extremely well, apparently had ENG, interest but his father is a Voyageur (CMNT ultra group) member and Liam grew up a big CMNT fan, been processing well in Liverpools youth setup after he was snapped up from Fulham at age 16

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
NxGn 2018: The 50 best teenagers in the world

Two Dutch kids in the top 5. As always these lists with a 'pinch of salt' (it looks to me like the cutoff is '99 born before people start talking about omissions, but I'm not 100% sure since I didn't check every prospect's age).

I'll probably do an updated Dutch list sooner than later.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
NxGn 2018: The 50 best teenagers in the world

Two Dutch kids in the top 5. As always these lists with a 'pinch of salt' (it looks to me like the cutoff is '99 born before people start talking about omissions, but I'm not 100% sure since I didn't check every prospect's age).

I'll probably do an updated Dutch list sooner than later.
Cool to know Mbappe isn't good enough.
Mbappe was the first player I thought of when coming to the conclusion above. I'm assuming they left out 98 and lower because those players will (mostly) not be teenagers anymore this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not sure I'd list Weah if I was to list an American player, but he's on the books of PSG and his father is George Weah, so its an easy addition.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dutch Prospects
Frenkie de JongCarel EitingJustin KluivertKik PierieChieck ToureJayden BraafXavi Simons
Donny van de BeekTimothy Fosu-MensahMathijs de LigtDelano LadanDaishawn RedanRyan GravenberchNaci Unuvar
Steven BergwijnRick van DrongelenFerdi KadiogluAchraf el BouchataouiMyron BoaduBrian Brobbey
Calvin VerdonkTeun KoopmeinersPerr SchuursZakaria AboukhlalKenzo Goudmijn
Sam LammersKaj SierhuisNoa LangLudovit ReisWouter Burger
Arnaut GroeneveldJavairo DilrosunJoel PiroeMitchel BakkerLiam van Gelderen
Sam van HuffelDonyell MalenLutsharel GeertruidaNigel Thomas
Che NunnelyOrkun KokcuEnric Llansana
Bobby AdekanyeJuan Familia Castillo
Tahith ChongThomas Buitink
Armando Obispo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Top prospects in each age group. My top 5 atm would probably Frenkie de Jong, Justin Kluivert, Mathijs de Ligt, Daishawn Redan and Orkun Kokcu in some order. Xavi Simons and Naci Unuvar are both supertalents but have a long way to go. Chelsea just signed Braaf (they can start ****ing off any time they want buying and ruining Dutch talents). Groeneveld is a really interesting case because he seems to have all the tools to be a really good player but didn't break out until playing in the Dutch 2nd division (Mertens took a similar route, fwiw).

I don't rank keepers because it's too hard to judge them before they get to the top level (imo).

In 4 years I'd love for our NT to have some variation of this:

TFM - de Ligt - van Dijk - Bakker
van de Beek - de Jong - Vilhena
Bergwijn - Redan - Kluivert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad