Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If people are doing their homework there's nobody in this thread (well, the big ones at least) that they shouldn't have already known about really.

Liverpool were linked with Rodrygo back in the summer!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Window came and went and nobody bought this gem. Opting for Luca for 25? and Walcott what 20?

He just bagged another while Sampa and Inter sporting director in the stands. Well done boy.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Window came and went and nobody bought this gem. Opting for Luca for 25? and Walcott what 20?

He just bagged another while Sampa and Inter sporting director in the stands. Well done boy.

He ended up with a hattrick in this match. 7 goals in 8 Superliga games so far. Now that Centurion is back at Racing they will be a very dangerous team offensively, Coudet is a heck of a coach too. I wouldn't be thrilled with him joining Inter, their track record with young talent isn't very impressive. I think he would be a good fit at Dortmund as Auba's replacement.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He ended up with a hattrick in this match. 7 goals in 8 Superliga games so far. Now that Centurion is back at Racing they will be a very dangerous team offensively, Coudet is a heck of a coach too. I wouldn't be thrilled with him joining Inter, their track record with young talent isn't very impressive. I think he would be a good fit at Dortmund as Auba's replacement.

Yeah, not thrilled about the (rumoured) deal but if they can turn him out like Icardi then no complaints.

I would've preferred Dortmund, which is a little ironic considering I used to hate the idea of Argentinian players going to the German league now I would actually like that.

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Much hyped PSG youngster Claudio Gomes rejected a pro contract with Paris to join City.
No reason for him to sign there since Guardiola would rather have less players than max on the bench rather than call up youngsters, so I have no idea why he did that. Money I'm guessing... :dunno:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Much hyped PSG youngster Claudio Gomes rejected a pro contract with Paris to join City.
No reason for him to sign there since Guardiola would rather have less players than max on the bench rather than call up youngsters, so I have no idea why he did that. Money I'm guessing... :dunno:

In an age where English kids where heading to Bundesliga in search of playing time it makes no sense, indeed. What position does he play, anyway?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OK, now that I can talk about him, let me rave about Tanguy Ndombele :amazed: I know many of you have noticed him, but I couldn't answer much because of our football keeper pool. Now he's officially mine :). For the minimum bid :)
What a f***ing player.
If he keeps on progressing, he'll be a mix between Matuidi and Vieira. Vieira in his ability to break lines all the time. Matuidi in his incredible motor. And his booming shot too. Guy was bought 8M by Lyon. I bet he'll be worth 40M+ next summer. Lots of rumors of DD looking hard at him. Don't see the place given our NT roster, but he's legitimate. Could replace.... Matuidi. As early as next WC.

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BTW, Ndbombele's emergence has made him a systematic starter and put two of Cornet, Aouar or Memphis on the bench.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When I was watching Lyon he's (Ndombele) the player I was most interested in from a Liverpool perspective; especially his ability to break the lines by himself and quickly turn defence into attack. Looks to be a very good player and he was on my list as well but my depth at midfield is good and I don't have many strikers. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looks like Lyon pipeline is loaded right now.
Crazy. Though Lyon bought him and didn't develop him.
In fact, plenty of teams missed out on Ndombele because he was too fat in his teen years. Guingamp, Caen, Auxerre and many others.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez with assist for Racing it was one you make in Fifa 1v1 situation. Sampa again was in attendance. If he keeps this similar play, he'll make the WC it seems.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Martinez with assist for Racing it was one you make in Fifa 1v1 situation. Sampa again was in attendance. If he keeps this similar play, he'll make the WC it seems.

There's another Lautaro getting hyped in Argentina right now. Lautaro Chavez. 16y old, plays for Gimnasia y Esgrima. I still haven't seen him play, but he's being regarded as the next big thing in Argentina he also made their u20 squad for some friendly matches.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There's another Lautaro getting hyped in Argentina right now. Lautaro Chavez. 16y old, plays for Gimnasia y Esgrima. I still haven't seen him play, but he's being regarded as the next big thing in Argentina he also made their u20 squad for some friendly matches.

Lets hope he's not another Cocheney.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
RB Leipzig is looking to sign Reo Griffiths from Spurs academy. His contract is up next summer. Great striker prospect.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
*sigh* Leipzig aren't ever going to actually bring any of those amazing german kids they've brought into their academy through to their senior team, are they? Hopefully the others follow Kuhn to clubs that'll actually give them senior PT if RB is going to continue relying on transfers to bring young talent into the senior squad.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
*sigh* Leipzig aren't ever going to actually bring any of those amazing german kids they've brought into their academy through to their senior team, are they? Hopefully the others follow Kuhn to clubs that'll actually give them senior PT if RB is going to continue relying on transfers to bring young talent into the senior squad.

Since Leipzig have hired Paul Mitchell, expect more english players coming in.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool knocked Man U out of the UYL.

Ben Woodburn MOTM with a goal and assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad