Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ha, TopKex, are you working for Helsingborg, are you a visionary, or have you just read about this before - the two clubs have actually announced some form cooperation beyond this transfer, with the contractual details still being worked on. A delegation from Helsingborg apparently is going to come to Munich soon. Great to hear, I hope a lot of good is going to come off this. :)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Ha, TopKex, are you working for Helsingborg, are you a visionary, or have you just read about this before - the two clubs have actually announced some form cooperation beyond this transfer, with the contractual details still being worked on. A delegation from Helsingborg apparently is going to come to Munich soon. Great to hear, I hope a lot of good is going to come off this. :)

It was just some wishful thinking, haha. Helsingborg has really struggled financially since their top division win five years ago. I think the partnership could benefit both clubs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fiete Arp...the first german 2000er in the Bundesliga when he came on in stoppage time prior to the u17 WC...scores his first goal in his second appearance, coming on as a substitute in the 55th minute for Hamburg. Kid also one some corners and generally drew praise from every direction for his showing in his first real opportunity. Can't wait for him to be done with school...and to join a more interesting team

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video/1083566147615

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is he more promising than Eggestein?

I don't think so, but he's much more of a physical & aerial threat, so he does get a lot less shit from certain sectors of the german football world. Plus JoJo's injuries have really caused a lot of people to forget about him while starting to hype Arp.

Ultimately I still see the German Bergkamp when Eggestein plays for the youth teams or Werder manages to string a few passes together for him, and I don't see the new-age KHR when I watch Arp...though I can buy a Klinsmann/Klose level all around goalscorer, who has scored some very clutch goals at the youth levels and shown he has the skill & intelligence not to be the blackhole that Gomez was as a young striker.

I still think that Eggestein is our biggest striker prospect, Werner is number two, then comes Arp at #3; but all three look like they could lead the line for a WC winner for us, even if we went back to a single striker formation...though we shouldn't...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Arp scores in his 1st start to make it two goals in 125 BuLi minutes, 1 goal away from passing Pulisic and 3 away from passing Werner for most BuLi goals by a 17yo. 3rd goal for HSV is Arp's:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Why wasn't he at the U17 WC and is he better than Vinicius?

Coach's decision. Should've been called up to replace Vinicius, instead, the coach went with Helinho (really good player but he's yet another midfielder in a team lacking wingers).

Hard to tell right now. Vinicius was pretty dominant at the u20 level last season as a 16 years old, there was no doubt he was the best u20 player in the continent. He's bigger and more powerful than Rodrygo. Rodrygo is a better dribbler and works better in tight spaces but isn't as good as Vinicius in terms of end product yet. If I had to bet on who gonna end up the best player I'd go with Rodrygo cause he's got more raw talent and Santos is much better at developing young players than Flamengo/Real Madrid.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Watching some compilations of takes and dribbles from Nicolas Kuhn, Oliver Batista Meier, John Yeboah, etc. that I got sent earlier today just reminds of how nice it is too see that we have managed to start pumping out all of the players that we struggled to for so long.

For years our youth programs pumped out elegant midfielders (Mattuschka / Kramer / Ozil / Kroos / Gundogan / Schweinsteiger / Gotze / Rudy / Gentner), graceful CBs (Boateng / Hummels / Badstuber / Toprak / Vogt), and wide forwards who excelled at making runs off the ball (Müller / Reus / Volland / Podolski / Schurrle / Herrmann); but we had no central forwards, no dribblers off the wings to break down parked busses, and no FBs.

Now our U23 ranks are gushing with talent at each of those spots that used to be huge weaknesses, as: Eggestein, Werner, Arp & Moukoko are simply special talents up front, any of whom could end up leading the line for a WM winning german side; the likes of Sane, Brandt, Kuhn, Yeboah, Batista Meier & Gnabry have the elite quickness and dribbling to take-on world class FBs & turn them inside out; and at FB Gian Luca Itter is one of our bigger prospects but will have a real battle on his hands against the likes of Weiser, Mittelstadt, Passlack, Klostermann, plus the misplaced midfielders Kimmich & Henrichs.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Brewster just scored a goal that I really wouldn't expect any 17 year old to be scoring at U23 level. Should be in the first team by the end of the season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sweet goal.

Though I wouldn't say I wouldn't expect any 17 year old to score that goal. It's tricky and one that top talents will miss plenty of times; but the top talents in that age group can put that chance away and not have it be a shock...as Brewster did.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sweet goal.

Though I wouldn't say I wouldn't expect any 17 year old to score that goal. It's tricky and one that top talents will miss plenty of times; but the top talents in that age group can put that chance away and not have it be a shock...as Brewster did.

It's more the level he's playing at than anything else. Outplaying senior players too. The U17 golden boot winner rarely turns into anything so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's more the level he's playing at than anything else. Outplaying senior players too. The U17 golden boot winner rarely turns into anything so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

Gotcha gotcha.

I've said it elsewhere, but I really do hope england's exciting youth delivers on the senior level. The rivalry they feel towards our NT is a lot more fun to observe when they have a chance. Plus our NT needs to be challenged in different ways and to play against team who won't just concede possession to them entirely to continue to evolve...which is one of my great gripes with Jogi, he is always prepared to win the last war and isn't aggressive enough when he does try to be pro-active. So the more teams that can rise the way France has recently and Brazil looks like they will, the more Jogi will be forced to move the team towards is ideal lineup...or the more the DFB will finally realize we need better than the german Wenger to mold the NT in this second golden generation.

I really hope that some day I will get over Jogi f***ing it up in France and robbing this core of the opportunity to match Spain's run with a triumph in Russia...but I'm still pissed the DFB pushed Netzer and Gerd out of the NT and robbed us of the opportunity to become the 1st team to win back to back to back WCs/ECs when we lost the 76 final on pens...so I doubt it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After Arp's run forced Akpoguma to put the ball into his own net for the 1-0, and almost got the 3-0 that Jung jumped in front of him to pounce on; Koln introduced the second 2000er to the BuLi. As the still 16 yo Yann Aurel Bisseck started in the back three for them. The kid wasn't a big part of the youth NTs until recently but he's got amazing physical gifts and played great at the u17 WM when given a chance...was a big part of the dominating showing against Colombia. Like Udoukhai I worry he'll end up more Rudiger than Boateng, but the kid has been rapidly rising in german youth circles even before becoming the 2nd youngest BuLi player ever.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure which goal was nicer...the 2nd or the 3rd but Kluivert's hattrick was pretty nice. Well taken goals. Maybe he'll actually get to start more often now with Younes injured (no idea why it's taken this long tbh).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
JoJo's brace against england from earlier in the month. Werner & Arp are the two german forwards getting all of the hype right now because Werner continues to be a talismanic figure for Leipzig and Arp is Hamburg's most dangerous player as a 17 yo; but when all is said and done Eggestein should reign supreme with his slickness, skill & cleverness. Nothing too spectacular in this vid, but I could watch the way he receives passes and swivels in the box all day:

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Aliou Traore, former PSG academy and U17 France player, signed for Manchester United. Anyone know anything about him?

Paging Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aliou Traore, former PSG academy and U17 France player, signed for Manchester United. Anyone know anything about him?

Paging Evilo
It was done last summer I think.
He is a powerful and technical midfielder. Was on PSG's youth team but didn't get enough playing time so went back to his amateur team, from where United signed him.
Promising player.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
on loan from PSG youngster, Odssonne Edouard, scored a hat trick for Celtic yesterday. Possibly the youngest hat trick scorer in Scottish top flight since Anthony Stokes for Falkirk bout 11-12 years ago.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Given that he flopped at Rangers in 2nd tier Scottish football, I'm not even sure if he's a prospect anymore. But he was hyped here back in the day, so here is his update.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It goes back farther than that. He could still carve out a nice career, but he's very one-dimensional. Holds the ball well, he's able to create space for himself and he can play some brilliant passes, but other than that, he doesn't do much well.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
He's not remotely dynamic enough to impact the game at the higher levels atm.

Traore signed for Man Utd in the summer yeah, he only just received his international clearance now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad