Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aouar, hyped Lyon prospect scored on his first Lyon start. 19 years old.
Also read today that Bayern made an offer for Guebbels (16 yo) this summer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't really rate Maxi Eggestein. His younger brother is a huge talent, but he's not.

Kehrer, Geiger, Soyuncu, Zakaria, Amiri, Harit & Upamecano are all really exciting though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't really rate Maxi Eggestein. His younger brother is a huge talent, but he's not.

Kehrer, Geiger, Soyuncu, Zakaria, Amiri, Harit & Upamecano are all really exciting though.

Is David Philipp at Bremen related to Max at Dortmund? Similar ceilings?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

I sort of agree about the brothers Eggestein. Max gets too much credit.

I sort of don't think they're related. I haven't watched David play at all.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I don't think they are and even though I love Maxi Philipp as a forward & goal-getter, his ceiling isn't as high. David has a huge ceiling as a creative midfielder if he continues to progress

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The Golden Boy finalists are known : Mbappe, Jesus, Dembele.
Don't think there's any doubt who wins it.
Best top 3 since 2007 most likely.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So results are in :
Mbappe wins the title with 291 votes ouf ot 300, which is a historical record.
Dembele finishes 2nd, Jesus 3rd.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The tuttosport article says Rashford finished third and Jesus fourth. Weird that Jesus was widely reported as the third "finalist."

Definitely better than Renato winning it in any event.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The tuttosport article says Rashford finished third and Jesus fourth. Weird that Jesus was widely reported as the third "finalist."

Definitely better than Renato winning it in any event.

The fact that Renato Sanches won last year was a joke at the time and looks even worse in hindsight.

This year, obvious choice was obvious. Incredible finalists though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The fact that Renato Sanches won last year was a joke at the time and looks even worse in hindsight.

This year, obvious choice was obvious. Incredible finalists though.

Umm, Renato Sanches totally threw himself into a bunch of physical challenges over the course of the month during which the euros transpired. And because Portugal rarely did anything with the ball, he never had to control anything or make any tough decisions.

That's totally more important than being able to play for a possession side without being the weak point in his side's possession, thereby making his side more vulnerable to counters.

It's the exact same reason why the omnipotent Jogi Löw continues to select Goretzka & Can ahead of Dahoud & Demirbay. Sure the latter two are infinitely better in possession when they don't have acres of space to run into on the counter, because they are even more skilled and are quick thinkers, but that doesn't matter anymore...

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Bayern today announced that Alex Timossi Andersson joins Bayern's pro ranks July 1st 2019. He's 16 years old playing in the Swedish 2nd division with Helsingborg IF.

Anybody know anything about him?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Bayern today announced that Alex Timossi Andersson joins Bayern's pro ranks July 1st 2019. He's 16 years old playing in the Swedish 2nd division with Helsingborg IF.

Anybody know anything about him?

Live in Helsingborg. Impressive player. Consistently starts for them as a right midfielder/winger. More of a scorer than a playmaker.

Not sure if he is future Bayern quality though.

Last edited:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Live in Helsingborg. Impressive player. Consistently starts for them as a right midfielder/winger. More of a scorer than a playmaker.

Not sure if he is future Bayern quality though.

Oh, neat - hope I'll get to hear an update on him every half year or so until he's moving. :)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Oh, neat - hope I'll get to hear an update on him every half year or so until he's moving. :)

I'll keep you posted. Seems like Bayern think he actually could be a future squad player, but Helsingborg will get to keep him until then. Wouldn't mind if Helsingborg and Bayern had some kind of partnership. ;)

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'll keep you posted. Seems like Bayern think he actually could be a future squad player, but Helsingborg will get to keep him until then. Wouldn't mind if Helsingborg and Bayern had some kind of partnership. ;)

Yeah, they obviously think he has a chance. He was around for a guest practice last summer from what I heard, along with a stint at ManU [EDIT: after reading a bit more - it was November last year that he was around for a practice with us, and with United in February this year], and seemingly left a good impression. The interest in him still seems to be our former roster planner, Reschke, who was also behind the Kimmich transfer, so I'm cautiously optimistic and certainly intrigued. After all, Bayern has fantastic experience with and memories tied to Swedes that go by the name of Andersson... =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->