Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Karlsson re-signs (8 years, $11.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That could easily be terrible in the first year.

Could also be great for the duration.

Gardiner likely gets an extra 500k, if not more for being the top dman now.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
SJ's window is right now so it makes perfect sense to sign EK, even if the contract is scary after 3-4 years.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Good news for Jets fans because it means US teams will go all in for Trouba now. But I wouldn't have done this if I was San Jose, they're bound for lots of cap problems.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Huge win for San Jose.

I watched a lot of his mid season games before the injury, with the way he played, this is a worthy risk for them.

Sucks as a Senators fan because I don't think the extra 2nd round pick will offset the lost value from the 2020 1st. Karlsson being on their team will make it better. While anything can happen and no team is guaranteed a playoff spot in today's NHL, there is a very good chance the Sharks make the playoffs with Karlsson. The pick is probably going to be late.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Can’t wait for all the other teams’ fans to talk about how thankful they are that they aren’t signing Erik Karlsson. :laugh:

I won't be one of those.

Good for Karlsson I will have to tune into plenty of Sharks games next season as well. An ownership group who actually wants to win hockey games, must be fun.

Reactions: Sandisfan

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I was pretty vocal that karlsson wouldn't re-sign in San Jose.

But that was also under the assumption they wouldn't hand him $11.5x8 ( I assumed more like $10-$10.5)

Holy hell Wilson just got put over a barrel. I would have that was the max karlsson would have gotten on the open market.

Between this and the E.Kane contract last year. Yikes

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Does anyone think that a now oft injured karlsson would have gotten more than that as a UFA on 7/1?

Who else had that kind of cap space and desperation?

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I was pretty vocal that karlsson wouldn't re-sign in San Jose.

But that was also under the assumption they wouldn't hand him $11.5x8 ( I assumed more like $10-$10.5)

Holy hell Wilson just got put over a barrel. I would have that was the max karlsson would have gotten on the open market.

Between this and the E.Kane contract last year. Yikes

Oh please, stop moving the goal posts. Least you owned up to it.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
HF with every contract ever signed: this is going to age horribly. When your team went deep into the playoffs and has a chance at re-signing their top 5 (arguably top 2 D-man) in the league, you sign him.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Good for Karlsson and good for San Jose. Burns and Karlsson locked up for years should keep them in contender status for while. Very cool that Wilson has been able to get top talent as guys are being phased out from Marleau and Thornton into Couture, Karlsson etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad