Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Karlsson re-signs (8 years, $11.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They are in it to win it,if they lost him what else would they have done???Retool??Rebuild?? Them signing EK was the most logical,even if they dont win a cup making the playoffs does make the owner money

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That contract is going to age poorly and everyone involved knows it but its what Karlsson was going to get regardless. For the next couple of years it should be fine ( if he has the time to heal up ) but down the line this is not going to be pretty . EK is already struggling with injuries and this is not likely to change.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nice deal to keep your franchise player for the sharks. Karlsson cam hopefully stay healthy and have a full offseason training. He can very well return to being a 75+ point defender and a top 2 defenseman in the world. Have a feeling that next year the Sharks cup drought will be ending. They got pretty close this season with numerous injuries. If they can upgrade on their goalie I would have them as favourites to come out of the west.

Reactions: Sandisfan

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I didnt think he would resign to be honest.

I think SJ makes more sense than a lot of teams but I think this is going to turn out to be a pretty ugly contract.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
They have to win the Cup in the next 3-5 years now right?

Happy for EK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad