Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Karlsson re-signs (8 years, $11.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I always thought the 'rumblings' about him being unhappy there were a bit overblown. I'm curious to see what the contract ends up looking like.

Does a Karlsson extension affect who stays vs. who goes, Sharks fans? Is it more likely now (pending contract terms, of course) that a guy like Pavelski walks?

I think that is a safe bet.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Misleading title/tag....this makes it sound like there's a deal in place. It's just speculation that he will most likely sign there.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If this turns out to be true, it will be a big So What?? He went nowehere with them last year and will contiue to go nowhere with them as his contract ages horribly...

I don't understand statements like this.

Dude had 45 points in 53 games in the regular season.
Team 2nd in post-season points tied with Burns. 16 points in 19 games. All this playing hurt.
Best Corsi For on the team.

Sharks went to the WCF with Hertl, Pavs and EK65 banged up and lost in 6 games. What do you really expect from the guy?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
upload_2019-6-17_10-7-6.png

Lol.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yeah, that contract is going to age horribly.

I would not be surprised if the last 3 years hurt the Sharks but:

- Sharks are pretty much trying to maximize their chances in the next 3 years while Burns is still elite as well.
- Hopefully the cap is to the point by that time that the Sharks do not have to worry about EK65's contract that much.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Did not expect EK to stay in SJ wow. If he gets fully healthy, him and Burns can definitely take them far for a couple years but then... that's going to likely be an albatross down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad