Value of: SJ Timo Meier

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If you mean by slinging some hush money to the refs to screw over the Knights, Avs, and the Blues in three successive rounds, then sure.

Too bad they ran out of slush funds that year. Otherwise our Timo might have made it to the finals already.
Sick burn. You’re like the Tucker Carlson of HF. I can’t keep up with these ultra-edgy conspiracies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If you say so. Those of us against Holtz just don’t think he’s going to pan out. Just an opinion. Spouting non-existent trade offers to prove some kind of a point is just…. Well, lying.

Then Meier won't be a Devil if Grier shares the same opinion, simple as that. Not sure what's the arguing about him as a player. Devils would gladly keep Holtz and use him elsewhere in a trade for a forward or if they smarten up, actually play him.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
And the Devils will acquire a RW in free agency next year and go on to win a cup regardless and the Sharks will hold on to their empty bowl of stubbornness.
Do you know the definition of insanity?

You could get lucky, but every team thinks they will be the ones to sign the best FA on the market and only one ever gets too and its usally something that bites them within three years.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Sick burn. You’re like the Tucker Carlson of HF. I can’t keep up with these ultra-edgy conspiracies.

Too bad it actually happened 3 times on national TV, in front of all of our eyes.

Otherwise, I agree, SJS fans would have blamed it on QAnon or whatever else they have concocted up out there.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If you mean by slinging some hush money to the refs to screw over the Knights, Avs, and the Blues in three successive rounds, then sure.

Too bad they ran out of slush funds that year. Otherwise our Timo might have made it to the finals already.
If the sharks were paying the refs, they didnt pay enough for the "protect from headshots package" I guess.

Reactions: Eggdoh and WSS11

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You have a finite time frame to move Meier and there are not many teams that have the 1. Cap room 2. Assets to pay .
Plus I’m guessing the fact that teams can on,y get him as a rental if Meier refuses to extend , will hamper his return. As of now , how many real , true , legit offers are there ?
Detroit, Buffalo, Carolina, Winnipeg, St Louis, Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Edmonton, LA, Calgary, Columbus, Colorado, Dallas, Florida, Minnesota, Nashville, Isles, Rangers, Toronto, Vegas.

These are all teams that could be interested in the off-season. But no go off that we need NJD!

Then you've never seen a Devils game because the way Vrana plays would be equally hand and glove as Timo would be.
Yep him and his 4 NHL games!

Yep all those headshots that the Blues got away with really show they were paying the refs. :laugh:

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Which RW? Kane, Tarasenko, or Killorn? Because those are probably the best RW in FA. None of them come close to Timo or would push you over the edge for the cup.

Psh...scrubs.

Two words.

Ryan. Reaves.

I'm shocked the dude isn't being held out for trade related business like half the league is

I don't think that he's played since the injury.

Reactions: Eggdoh and Gecklund

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
All I know is there are goimg to be a lot of people eating crow after a deal is made. I’m just not sure what side but based off of previous trades …
I just hope for everyone’s sake a good fair deal is made where both teams are happy with the return.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm shocked the dude isn't being held out for trade related business like half the league is
Grier isn’t doing that with anyone unless a deal is already agreed. He was asked about it in an interview.

All I know is there are goimg to be a lot of people eating crow after a deal is made.
I just hope for everyone’s sake a good fair deal is made where both teams are happy with the return.
There’s literally 2 or 3 Sharks fans that have disagreed and now there’s like 5 or 6 Devils fans that are over correcting massively and you are definitely one of those.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Detroit, Buffalo, Carolina, Winnipeg, St Louis, Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Edmonton, LA, Calgary, Columbus, Colorado, Dallas, Florida, Minnesota, Nashville, Isles, Rangers, Toronto, Vegas.

These are all teams that could be interested in the off-season. But no go off that we need NJD!

Yep all those headshots that the Blues got away with really show they were paying the refs. :laugh:

So half of those teams are in the West where Grier has been said to charge more for, have fun trying to win a trade with Yzerman, Adams already said the price was too damn high, lmao at Washington/Pittsburgh, Boston has to pay Pasta so I'd love to hear why they're there. Isles?? LMAO. Rangers have next to damn cap space. Toronto has to extend Matthews/Marner soon, but sure. And for the 100th time, I clearly said Vrana has issues staying on the rink but if he stays on the rink, are you seriously arguing that Meier at 9M is justifiable over Vrana at 5.6 in a cap era????

Reactions: Guttersniped

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So half of those teams are in the West where Grier has been said to charge more for, have fun trying to win a trade with Yzerman, Adams already said the price was too damn high, lmao at Washington/Pittsburgh, Boston has to pay Pasta so I'd love to hear why they're there. Isles?? LMAO. Rangers have next to damn cap space. Toronto has to extend Matthews/Marner soon, but sure. And for the 100th time, I clearly said Vrana has issues staying on the rink but if he stays on the rink, are you seriously arguing that Meier at 9M is justifiable over Vrana at 5.6 in a cap era????
Yes f*** yeah Timo at 9M is worth more than Vrana unless Vrana is on an ELC because he’s a much better player.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Boston may lose Bergeron, krejci and there’s not a lot of youth in their forwards so it’s not inconceivable especially if they want to retool on the fly.

are you seriously arguing that Meier at 9M is justifiable over Vrana at 5.6 in a cap era????
Yes.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Hardly any of those teams would or could trade for Meier , especially at 10 mil and UFA after the season.
What teams would have the cap room ? None really unless they gut their team.
How many would be contenders if they made room for him? Hardly anyone but …. the Devils and Canes .
Ya some “might “ be able to make room but how many need a winger that they are willing to spend 9+ mill on ????? Most those teams need a C or D , not a winger. And especially at that price.
And what teams have the assets ? If Grier is holding out for a Mercer / Jarvis / Nemec type return…..
agian , it’s not happening.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hardly any of those teams would or could trade for Meier , especially at 10 mil and UFA after the season.
What teams would have the cap room ? None really unless they gut their team.
How many would be contenders if they made room for him? Hardly anyone but …. the Devils and Canes .
Ya some “might “ be able to make room but how many need a winger that they are willing to spend 9+ mill on ????? Most those teams need a C or D , not a winger. And especially at that price.
And what teams have the assets ? If Grier is holding out for a Mercer / Jarvis / Nemec type return…..
agian , it’s not happening.
5M because if Sharks are willing to retain 50% this year then they would next year.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Boston may lose Bergeron, krejci and there’s not a lot of youth in their forwards so it’s not inconceivable especially if they want to retool on the fly.

Yes.
Who is going to play C for Boston? Zacha as their 1C lol. Followed by…. I dont knkw what they have . No chance in hell they cap out by adding yet another winger lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad