Value of: SJ Timo Meier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Thank you for at least being a reasonable devils fan. If your fellow Devilers' just said "Holtz sucks, I wanna laugh when we get Meier for him!" I'd be so much more game for that trade. Trying to pretend like he's going to be good is just brutal.

But if the Devils also offered Casey and a 1st, that's reasonable trade value.
When you trade star players, you have to expect quantity back with a prospect like Casey added who has high potential.

• Haha
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I get that and understand, and I also appreciate the honesty regarding Holtz. Everyone else seems to want to make all sorts of excuses for why Holtz hasn’t looked good but the reality is it appears as if the fans know his value will never be as high as it is now and they don’t want to wait say another year of unknown because by then he’ll end up just being traded either as a change of scenery or because he’s tired of not getting the opportunities he’s clearly not earned.

Think Merkley as a European forward.
Lol. The “excuse” is that he’s 21 and on a great team and hasn’t gotten any opportunity. He’s a better prospect than anyone in your organization.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Holtz sucks which is why the Devils wanna offload him.
Nemec is untouchable. Nevermind the fact that he was a 2nd overall pick. The kid has an elite hockey sense and is poised beyond his years. An RD at that which don't grow on trees. Wheeler touted him as the best defenseman to come out of Slovakia since Zdeno Chara.
Nemec and Mercer are simply untouchable. If Sharks GM insists on one of those two as part of a trade package, best of luck to him with offers from other teams.

Lmao, just gave the Sharks fans the bait they've waiting for this whole entire thread.

Sharks had numerous chances to draft him last year and chose not to.

Considering your fanbase has said Grier had a meh first draft, that's not a glowing remark but ok

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Hall had one big season and for the most part has underachieved. There’s a reason that he’s been on 5 teams in 13 seasons and has only made the playoffs 4 times.

:help::help::help::help:

You must also believe that Couture puts Crosby to shame, and Hertl make Jagr look like bantam league.

What a bunch of tools from silicon valley.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And the same two devils fans responding and saying the sharks wont get anything other than that. How do you still only see a one way street here when you respond to every single post about the guy.

This is the Timo Meier trade thread, if you dont want to see sharks fans dont enter it.

There's been multiple Sharks fans who said they were fine with Holtz as a centerpiece, complete difference in what you've done and what other Sharks fans have done with completely bashing him. Don't like a prospect? Cool, just say you don't like the Devils offer in general. Clearly, Sharks fans still want the Devils in this so they can maximize elsewhere at the worst still but want to cry about what the Devils fans think is fair.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
There's been multiple Sharks fans who said they were fine with Holtz as a centerpiece, complete difference in what you've done and what other Sharks fans have done with completely bashing him. Don't like a prospect? Cool, just say you don't like the Devils offer in general. Clearly, Sharks fans still want the Devils in this so they can maximize elsewhere at the worst still but want to cry about what the Devils fans think is fair.
The Holtz + Casey/Muk + 1st that’s been beaten to death seems moderately fair depending on what you think of Holtz.

If you think there’s a good chance Holtz busts and Casey/Muk either busts or becomes a bottom 4 D man, it’s a horrible trade for SJ.

Seems like a moot point anyways because Holtz is the polar opposite of the type of player Grier wants on the team and outside of Mercer, you guys don’t have anyone else that could be the centerpiece of the deal.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
and they can easily afford him WITHOUT giving up Nemec.

Just because they CAN do it, doesnt mean they should or will. Whenis the last time a player that was picked 2nd overall was traded before playing for their team? It isnt something that happens.
If thats the case I'll be happy. But If its Nemec or no Timo, I'm giving up Nemec everyday of the week.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
The Holtz + Casey/Muk + 1st that’s been beaten to death seems moderately fair depending on what you think of Holtz.

If you think there’s a good chance Holtz busts and Casey/Muk either busts or becomes a bottom 4 D man, it’s a horrible trade for SJ.

Seems like a moot point anyways because Holtz is the polar opposite of the type of player Grier wants on the team and outside of Mercer, you guys don’t have anyone else that could be the centerpiece of the deal.
Exactly. If the Sharks value Holtz then Timo will be a Devil. If the Sharks don’t think highly of Holtz then he won’t.

Reactions: Grinner

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

This logic can apply to any futures trade, lmfao. If Aaty Raty busts for Vancouver, that Horvat deal looks like utter shit. If the guy that Blues draft if they use the pick then it's an awful deal. I've added Zetterlund to the first deal too on this thread before as protection to the prospects which has been received positively from most Sharks fans.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Thank you for at least being a reasonable devils fan. If your fellow Devilers' just said "Holtz sucks, I wanna laugh when we get Meier for him!" I'd be so much more game for that trade. Trying to pretend like he's going to be good is just brutal.

the guy saying that Mercer, Nemec, and a 1st would be "fair" for Meier out here criticizing other fans for having ridiculous takes

hilarious stuff, really

Reactions: Sigurd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad