Value of: SJ Timo Meier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
the guy saying that Mercer, Nemec, and a 1st would be "fair" for Meier out here criticizing other fans for having ridiculous takes

hilarious stuff, really

Not sure why you’re letting the poster who joined two weeks ago, and who posts mostly on Meier trade chatter, annoy you.

I mean, I get why it happens lol

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Kind of sounds like he did the opposite. He wants this until the last second
Maybe I'm wrong here but a type of deal this big waiting last minute usually doesn't work out at the deadline. I guess we find out in the next few days what Fitzy has up his sleeves

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
He doesn't, the Devils can stand pat at the deadline and be completely fine this year. But I'm also sure Grier will tell him an hour or two before that Meier is staying or going elsewhere if Fitz wants to add someone super late.
That's what I hope for. No reason to make a big deal now when the East has so many great teams. Our window is just opening. Wings are the easiest position to fill.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
That's what I hope for. No reason to make a big deal now when the East has so many great teams. Our window is just opening. Wings are the easiest position to fill.
That’s how I feel. I don’t want Fitz to feel like he has to make a trade just because he wasn’t able to land Debrincat, Fiala (only wanted LA), Gaudreau (didn’t want NJ),or Tkachuk (only wanted Fla).

He’s been doing a great job building this team. The way he completely turned the defense around in 1-2 seasons is a work of art.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
in my opinion, Vegas would have to part with much more than any other team in the mix because they’re a pacific rival. I don’t think they have what it takes. Winnipeg is interesting. I’ll be the first to admit I dont know a ton about their farm system. id feel better about them being a real contender to land Timo if they owned an extra 1st like STL. Speaking of the Blues, talks have cooled huh? Could be a situation Where MG has said, “Let me continue to check with the other team’s interested and I’ll get back to you”. He then goes to the other team’s interested and shares the Blues offer as leverage. It’s just a thought. Carolina may be in a wait and see on other options before they commit to a big trade package for Meier. NJ is probably waiting to see where all of the other pieces fall in to place before they commit to a price is right, deal or no deal doomsday edition. Just my two cents.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Can basically now count Winnipeg out. Sources saying Meier not interested in extending so no way the Jets spend that much on just a rental.

Reactions: Sigurd

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Not surprising, most guys dont like Winnipeg. Too bad though I liked some of the prospects WPG could offer
Curious if Lambert gets included in any package coming our way? wasn’t super impressed with him at this year’s WJC but doesn’t mean he won’t develop Into an awesome player.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Mercer had 17 goals in 82 games in his rookie season last year. He has 18 this far in 58. He’s 21 and hasn’t reached his prime. Absolutely no way I include him in a trade for Meier.
And Jersey shouldn’t, just as Carolina shouldn’t include Jarvis.

I don’t see either team blinking on those players. So it comes down to whether San Jose can get more 2nd tier prospects out of one, or if either team gets tired of waiting and makes a move elsewhere for far less in picks and prospects.

I think it’s more likely Carolina moves on because with retention the Canes could fit a 2C and a scoring wing if they so choose. But that was more likely before Henrique got hurt. Maybe they look at Schmaltz and a surprise C like Trocheck was in 2020.

OTOH, Carolina has been stockpiling picks for the past few years so there are a lot of potential prospects they could add to a Meier deal involving their 1st and Morrow. They may try a quantity offer on top of the first and Morrow to land Meier.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
in my opinion, Vegas would have to part with much more than any other team in the mix because they’re a pacific rival. I don’t think they have what it takes. Winnipeg is interesting. I’ll be the first to admit I dont know a ton about their farm system. id feel better about them being a real contender to land Timo if they owned an extra 1st like STL. Speaking of the Blues, talks have cooled huh? Could be a situation Where MG has said, “Let me continue to check with the other team’s interested and I’ll get back to you”. He then goes to the other team’s interested and shares the Blues offer as leverage. It’s just a thought. Carolina may be in a wait and see on other options before they commit to a big trade package for Meier. NJ is probably waiting to see where all of the other pieces fall in to place before they commit to a price is right, deal or no deal doomsday edition. Just my two cents.

According to the Athletic, Meier has told Winnipeg he won't extend here and there's no way Cheveldayoff makes the trade without an extension so the Jets would be out.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
According to the Athletic, Meier has told Winnipeg he won't extend here and there's no way Cheveldayoff makes the trade without an extension so the Jets would be out.
That’s unfortunate. Jets are a sleeper team coming out of the west imo. Meier would add a lot to that group.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Where’d you see that? Not doubting you, this is just the first I’ve heard of it.

But question is who did you see that from I guess

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Where’d you see that? Not doubting you, this is just the first I’ve heard of it.

But question is who did you see that from I guess

Murat Ates, the Jets Athletic reporter:

Wait. It gets worse.

A league source told The Athletic that the Jets are interested in trading for Sharks star Timo Meier but Meier’s camp has indicated that, if acquired, he would not be interested in signing an extension in Winnipeg.

This dramatically reduces Winnipeg’s sincere interest in Meier, who is scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer. The Jets are not after a rental for the price Meier is likely to fetch — not even a two-year rental, which Meier could be if the Jets tendered his $10 million qualifying offer this summer. The Jets won’t give up top prospects or draft capital unless the player(s) they acquire are here for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille