Sharks Training Camp 2015

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I guess, but he better play. He played 53 games on the top line last year. If I were the NHL I wouldn't buy the "not injured" story if he's on the bench.

I think this is the orgs way of getting him some game time so he can get up to speed. I can't imagine he'll be in the AHL too long.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yes it will. A tiny one, sure, but every team should take advantage of every tiny opportunity to be a tiny bit better. Hockey is a game of inches and bounces, afterall.

Agreed.

Goodrow is also a capable PKer. I think easing up on 12 & 39's PK minutes could help them in the long run.

That said I expect Brown to play & if he does I expect the 4th line to struggle more often than not because of it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Agreed.

Goodrow is also a capable PKer. I think easing up on 12 & 39's PK minutes could help them in the long run.

That said I expect Brown to play & if he does I expect the 4th line to struggle more often than not because of it.

100% this. I don't want Marleau on the PK at all this year if at all possible, and I'd like to limit the PK minutes of Pavelski too. Couture IMO is just too good at PKing to cut those minutes. He and Wingels were pretty much elite last year. Those two, plus Nieto, Ward, Pavelski, and Goodrow would be solid.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Agreed.

Even if Brown does play it will still be one of the best 4th lines we've iced in years (assuming Tierney and Smith are there). I'm happy either way, and Brown's use should be entirely dependent on who we're playing.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
100% this. I don't want Marleau on the PK at all this year if at all possible, and I'd like to limit the PK minutes of Pavelski too. Couture IMO is just too good at PKing to cut those minutes. He and Wingels were pretty much elite last year. Those two, plus Nieto, Ward, Pavelski, and Goodrow would be solid.

I would have included 8 in there but I don't see that happening. I expect him to lead in minutes played in all situations this season if he stays healthy.

You can add Smith & Tierney into the PK rotation as well. It's been a long time since this team had good PK options past 12, 8 & 39.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would have included 8 in there but I don't see that happening. I expect him to lead in minutes played in all situations this season if he stays healthy.

You can add Smith & Tierney into the PK rotation as well. It's been a long time since this team had good PK options past 12, 8 & 39.

I knew I was forgetting someone(s) important. So that would be eight capable PKers not even counting Marleau. Which is good since I just don't think Marleau is all that good of a PKer anymore.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Man this is bull**** why do you Goldobin, Karlsson and Mueller get sent down? Goldobin was doing just fine and I didn't see much of Mueller in the preseason but last year he showed good signs of development. Did Karlsson just get sent down though because he's injured?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Man this is bull**** why do you Goldobin, Karlsson and Mueller get sent down? Goldobin was doing just fine and I didn't see much of Mueller in the preseason but last year he showed good signs of development. Did Karlsson just get sent down though because he's injured?

Because Goldobin and Mueller will both benefit playing major roles in the AHL opposed to bit parts in the NHL. Pretty easy to see that.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)

Mueller is also far down on the depth charts for LHD: Vlasic-Martin-Dillon

Where are you expecting him to play?

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Because Goldobin and Mueller will both benefit playing major roles in the AHL opposed to bit parts in the NHL. Pretty easy to see that.

Agree. And it's better for the Sharks that Karlsson is in the AHL until he can play. If he's on a conditioning assignment, I think he has to count as part of the 23-man active roster as well as the cap. If he's not going to play anyway bc of injury, may as well save some cap space and roster space.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
#hcanes fan coming in peace

hope this is the rite place to post this, but i am doing the #duckmens gdt for saturday and was just curious if all y'all had any idea (or best guesstimate) as to what your opening nite lines might look like?

thx in advance for any and all infos and good luck saturday :)

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003

hope this is the rite place to post this, but i am doing the #duckmens gdt for saturday and was just curious if all y'all had any idea (or best guesstimate) as to what your opening nite lines might look like?

Donskoi - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Ward
Nieto - Hertl - Wingels
Brown/Goodrow - Tierney - Smith

Vlasic - Braun
Martin - Burns
Dillon - Demelo/Tennyson

Jones
Stalock

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Donskoi-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Ward
Nieto-Hertl-Wingels
Smith-Tierney-Brown/Goodrow

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-DeMelo

Jones

TimAllen

Feb 1, 2010
Bay Area
Weren't the coaches just talking about using advanced stats as a major part of their decisions? How do they justify having Mike Brown on this team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad