Sharks Training Camp 2015

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Brown is probably our first injury replacement

With Torres getting threadbanned and the lack of news on Melker, I think he draws into the opening night lineup

Prediction for Wednesday:

27-19-8
12-39-42
83-48-57
21-50-18

44-61
7-88
4-80

The only thing I wonder is if Tennyson or DeMelo draw in on opening night

I think that's how things are gonna play on Wednesday as well. I just wish there was more skill on the third line with Hertl.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Oh dang, it's like I keep forgetting Goodrow exists

He could easily slide in on the 4th line LW and Smith could slide over to bump down Brown

There are options this year

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
With Torres likely missing some games due to a deserved suspension & Karlsson likely missing at least the first game due to injury it seems there are only two cuts left to make, 1 F and 1 D which are likely to be Goldobin & Mueller.

The top 3 lines seem set as do the top 4 D.

While I think the 4th line should be Smith-Tierney-Goodrow with Brown being the extra I'm guessing it'll be Smith-Tierney-Brown.

I expect the 3rd pair to be Dillon-DeMelo with Tennyson as the #7.

The Sharks are going to be very close to the Cap to start the year.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
With Torres likely missing some games due to a deserved suspension & Karlsson likely missing at least the first game due to injury it seems there are only two cuts left to make, 1 F and 1 D which are likely to be Goldobin & Mueller.

While I think the 4th line should be Smith-Tierney-Goodrow with Brown being the extra I'm guessing it'll be Smith-Tierney-Brown.

Agree.

Now with Torres goingn on suspension, will we get cap relief like LTIR (space but not bankable)?

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So whats the situation with Donskoi and Goldobin now that the season is just a few days away? Goldobins numbers look pretty good in pre-season but I only watched one game so its hard for me to say. I'm really hoping for Goldobin to make it but Donskoi would be nice too. Any word?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley

Look right?

2015SharksCapRosterDay1.jpg

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Look right?

2015SharksCapRosterDay1.jpg

Yep.

I guess if they want to save a tiny bit of cap space they can go with 12 healthy/active forwards (plus Karlsson & Torres) for the first two games and just bring someone up when they head out on the road.

Edit...LS says Torres stays on the roster so they'll probably put Karlsson on IR, otherwise they still have 2 F cuts to make.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Yep.

I guess if they want to save a tiny bit of cap space they can go with 12 healthy/active forwards (plus Karlsson & Torres) for the first two games and just bring someone up when they head out on the road.

Who would they send down? They can send DeMelo and Donskoi down on off days to save a little here and there.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://tealpuck.com/playerlink.html

Players "on the bubble" who would have to clear waivers: Tennyson, Smith, Brown.

Players close to losing their waiver exemption (in games): Donskoi (60), Hertl (41), Karlsson (7), Nieto (22), Goodrow (20).

Players with at least a season of waiver exemption remaining: Goldobin, DeMelo, Mueller

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It looks like there aren't any SJ players on waives today which means Tennyson will be on the 23 man NHL roster.

The Sharks don't have to finalize the roster until tomorrow so they may wait until then to send / announce the final player or two to the Barracuda.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yesterday was a day off = no announcements.

But today (in less than an hour) will be the Barracuda practice followed by Sharks practice. Might be a bit more clear.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
According to LS Karlsson, Goldobin & Mueller are on the ice with the Barracuda...there are your final 3 cuts.

Goodrow, Donskoi & DeMelo all made the team.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
According to LS Karlsson, Goldobin & Mueller are on the ice with the Barracuda...there are your final 3 cuts.

Goodrow, Donskoi & DeMelo all made the team.

Pretty much what we all expected. Not sure how I feel about Tierney playing 4th line minutes. I would almost prefer he play with the Barracuda and play 20 minutes a game.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Pretty much what we all expected. Not sure how I feel about Tierney playing 4th line minutes. I would almost prefer he play with the Barracuda and play 20 minutes a game.

I think a Smith-Tierney-Goodrow line could be pretty good. Tierney & Goodrow have good chemistry & that line can be trusted in defensive minutes, all 3 guys can also PK.

If they use Brown on the 4th line then ya, that's a whole other thing.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Can you send Karlsson down if he's injured? Otherwise I think we're over the CAP.

He's been practicing so it's unlikely he's considered "injured" and since he doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the AHL it's just a straight up assignment.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think a Smith-Tierney-Goodrow line could be pretty good. Tierney & Goodrow have good chemistry & that line can be trusted in defensive minutes, all 3 guys can also PK.

Basically my opinion as well. Unfortunately, I bet Brown is ahead of Goodrow on the depth chart. Eventually hopefully Karlsson surpasses both avenges healthy and a line of Karlsson-Tierney-Smith would be killer.

I hope this means a commitment to Hertl at center.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Yeah, I really hope we don't see him very often.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
With Karlsson's extension that only saves 950k on the cap yes?

If he's only playing in the AHL that's really not a good deal. I expect it to be only a conditioning assignment though.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
He's been practicing so it's unlikely he's considered "injured" and since he doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the AHL it's just a straight up assignment.

I guess, but he better play. He played 53 games on the top line last year. If I were the NHL I wouldn't buy the "not injured" story if he's on the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad