Sharks roster discussion

What should the Sharks do at the trade deadline this season?

• Nothing. They're fine as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade whatever is necessary to add a blue-chip talent for a deep playoff run.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Make minor trades for depth, but don't give up a 1st or any top prospects.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Sell sell sell! This team is going nowhere and it's time to rebuild.

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I am not sure if he regressed, never was that good to begin with, or just doesn't fit in Deboer's system, but quite a few players we get just seem to never fit.

I think all of the above in some measure is probably what it is. He was getting probably more opportunities in Arizona than he deserved given the talent on that team and wasn't going to get that here. He was also not a great fit because they were looking for goal scorers and instead signed a playmaker type which would be fine if the Sharks didn't have a decent amount of those already in their lineup. Maybe not necessarily fitting in with DeBoer's system is as much the problem as he didn't fit on the roster in terms of the talent and what is needed to play off of one another.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I don't see Braun being moved at all during the season. Off-season sure, but no way they break up Vlasic-Braun mid season. PDB wouldn't know what to do.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Want DW to go after duclair. Probably would be pretty low cost and have the possibility of being high reward.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I guess if Braun was the target, our best effort would be to move JVR for picks and use the picks to acquire him.

If Braun is your target, your best bet is to wait until the off-season and trade a 1st round pick to get him. The Sharks won't trade him during the season when they're a playoff team and have nobody to replace his minutes and responsibilities.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
If Braun is your target, your best bet is to wait until the off-season and trade a 1st round pick to get him. The Sharks won't trade him during the season when they're a playoff team and have nobody to replace his minutes and responsibilities.
Makes sense , thanks

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

Or just wait a few weeks and see if the Sharks are still a playoff team.....

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Or just wait a few weeks and see if the Sharks are still a playoff team.....

Or not because there's no chance in hell that they would be in a position where selling off is actually going to be considered in just a few weeks. They'd need to be not close to a playoff spot for that to happen and given that they're in a spot with at least two games in hand on everyone outside the playoffs, those odds are highly unlikely.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What can we get for vlasic before that disaster of a contract kicks in and he gets the no move clause.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What can we get for vlasic before that disaster of a contract kicks in and he gets the no move clause.

I’m sure there’s some GM in the east who hasn’t watched the Sharks this season and still thinks Vlasic is elite. If there is, DW better hop on it.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
The only thing that's going to entice me to move Braun is a 1st or the taking of Boedker. As for JVR, he'd be a fine addition but it's not going to be at the cost of Braun and chances are that the Leafs aren't going to rent JVR out either when they benefit greatly from having him.

I wouldn't even move Braun if someone took Boedker. They could find a taker for Boedker at 50% or even buy him out with less impact than losing Braun would have. You aren't going to find a Braun replacement for less than the $4 mil he is making. People may complain about Braun for some reason (I don't get it), but for what he provides he is underpaid in my opinion. He's better than Martin and yet makes more than $1 million less. So I don't see any reason to move Braun unless it's for a significant overpayment.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I wouldn't even move Braun if someone took Boedker. They could find a taker for Boedker at 50% or even buy him out with less impact than losing Braun would have. You aren't going to find a Braun replacement for less than the $4 mil he is making. People may complain about Braun for some reason (I don't get it), but for what he provides he is underpaid in my opinion. He's better than Martin and yet makes more than $1 million less. So I don't see any reason to move Braun unless it's for a significant overpayment.

How many Sharks games have you watched this year and last? Braun's pairing has fallen off a cliff since the start of last season. That can be mostly attributed to a decline in Vlasic's play but Braun hasn't exactly been himself either. His advanced statistics also look fairly poor this year and last.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I just don't see the Sharks buying out Boedker or retaining half. The only reason to move him is if they want to cut out his salary or if they actually plan to spend to the cap next season. I only really believe the former and for that to happen either requires a good asset to go with him or for a floor team to show real interest. We'll see. Braun may be hurtful to lose w/o anyone to replace him but I'd rather find someone like Mike Green to be a real puck mover and potential offensive impact than two mediocre puck-movers that only play defense.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Frankly, I think Braun has been better than Vlasic this season at both ends of the ice, but that's just me.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Frankly, I think Braun has been better than Vlasic this season at both ends of the ice, but that's just me.

I don't disagree regarding this season but Braun has had a bit of a renaissance year and Vlasic has fallen even further off a cliff. Braun does have the far worse CF% although both look horrible in that department. The pairing has still been below standard this year and I think that's easier to notice than which of them has specifically been poor. Last year Braun was definitely the worst player on that pairing.

Braun has 16 even strength points and the next highest players on our team are Burns and Couture with 14.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd be fine with it if we can move Boedker, which chances are we can't or won't.

Probably not during the season. I think Boedker is movable to a floor team in the off-season. If we trade for Duclair, I'd think it would be for someone like Heed or Ryan.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can see them wanting Boedker back because he was pretty good for them.

I can't see them because of that reason. Boedker produced for them in a sheltered role but routinely gave up more on the other end. I could see them wanting him to help reach the floor since they would only have to pay him 3 mil to count 4 mil onto the cap but I don't think it's going to be appealing for them because of how he played there. It wasn't all that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad