Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
I can't really say that Chartier is not getting a fair shake, considering he made the first cut, but according to Masters, he's not being used on the pp units (understandable) but he's not being used on the 2 pk units either. I always thought Chartier was a great two-way player. What bothers me is that Crouse is getting first unit pk time. Can someone give me there 2 cents?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I can't really say that Chartier is not getting a fair shake, considering he made the first cut, but according to Masters, he's not being used on the pp units (understandable) but he's not being used on the 2 pk units either. I always thought Chartier was a great two-way player. What bothers me is that Crouse is getting first unit pk time. Can someone give me there 2 cents?

Crouse is an excellent PKer. I think it's as simple as that.

I think it's highly likely that Chartier is the next cut given that he's playing out of position and doesn't have a spot on either special teams unit.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Crouse is an excellent PKer. I think it's as simple as that.

I think it's highly likely that Chartier is the next cut given that he's playing out of position and doesn't have a spot on either special teams unit.

Yep. TC is loaded with offensive talent, two way talent, PP weapons and elite PKers.

Chartier was always a long shot to make it and TC (and many others) tends to like to go with guys they "know"...I think Jux and I have had that conversation before.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Thanks for your input guys. It's just that I thought Chartier for sure was going to be one of the first cuts, but instead they ended up keeping him. Since he made the first cut, I thought he would get an opportunity of sorts to show his skill, like playing him in the middle 6 wing to show off or fuel his offensive flair. But instead, they just have him couped up, which is annoying to me to some degree.

On a sidenote, do you guys think Labanc should have been invited to the USA camp? Is he eligible to make the team next year?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thanks for your input guys. It's just that I thought Chartier for sure was going to be one of the first cuts, but instead they ended up keeping him. Since he made the first cut, I thought he would get an opportunity of sorts to show his skill, like playing him in the middle 6 wing to show off or fuel his offensive flair. But instead, they just have him couped up, which is annoying to me to some degree.

On a sidenote, do you guys think Labanc should have been invited to the USA camp? Is he eligible to make the team next year?

Nope and nope.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
I know I have said it before on here about Chartier but were talking about a guy who is Kelowna's best defensive forward for the past 2 years. So we have a guy who has more goals than anyone in the CHL and is incredibly awesome taking care of his own end. How he doesnt make this team is unknown unless political pressure to take the higher drafted guys. Makes no sense to me.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I know I have said it before on here about Chartier but were talking about a guy who is Kelowna's best defensive forward for the past 2 years. So we have a guy who has more goals than anyone in the CHL and is incredibly awesome taking care of his own end. How he doesnt make this team is unknown unless political pressure to take the higher drafted guys. Makes no sense to me.

There are "politics" involved but it doesn't have much to do with where players were drafted.

I've watched Chartier play a ton this year and he's been fantastic all over the ice and in all situations but again, Team Canada is loaded with elite players. He may be Kelowna's biggest threat and best defensive forward but he's nowhere close to being the best option offensively or defensively that Canada has to choose from.

He's the type of player that TC might like to have as a 13th F since he can do everything but he's certainly not the only player you can say that about.

Edit: And with Lazar being loaned by the Sens that probably ends Chartier's already slim chances of making the team.

Last edited:

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
I don't even know why I'm worrying, cause there's still a chance Chartier makes the team. The owner and general manager of the Rockets is part of the selection committee so there is still hope. Keep forgetting that little tidbit.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't even know why I'm worrying, cause there's still a chance Chartier makes the team. The owner and general manager of the Rockets is part of the selection committee so there is still hope. Keep forgetting that little tidbit.

Obviously there's still a chance, but it's a very very low one. Lazar basically makes Chartier's skillset redundant.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Goodrow

what can you guys tell me about Goodrow?

In terms of offensive upside, can he put up 30 points this season?

how about in future?

strengths? weaknesses?

thanks.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
what can you guys tell me about Goodrow?

In terms of offensive upside, can he put up 30 points this season?

how about in future?

strengths? weaknesses?

thanks.

I take it this is for a fantasy team?

I doubt Goodrow comes close to 30pts this season.

In the future he can develop into a good 3rd liner who can maybe be good for 25ish ES points...it'll depend on how the team constructs the line and what they want from them.

He's a good 200 foot player who can win puck/board battles, get in on the forecheck, he's good on the cycle and at protecting the puck. He has some pretty good offensive skills and can find the 'soft' spots on the ice.

He's getting better every game and as his confidence grows I think we'll start to see him make more offensive plays. He should also turn into a good PKer.

Jul 10, 2010
Simple Canada has tons of skilled forwards that can also play a great two way game. Chartier is good but he's no McDavid or Reinhart

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chartier was last player cut from team. Would've probably made the team if Lazar was not let go. Rough time for the kid considering he did not get much of a shot. One of the only reasons he's gpg in the dub is because he has a playmaker who can compliment his skill. In my mind, they should've at least tried him with one of the top 2 or atleast third C. Oh well, I hope this lights a fire in the kid.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Chartier was last player cut from team. Would've probably made the team if Lazar was not let go. Rough time for the kid considering he did not get much of a shot. One of the only reasons he's gpg in the dub is because he has a playmaker who can compliment his skill. In my mind, they should've at least tried him with one of the top 2 or atleast third C. Oh well, I hope this lights a fire in the kid.

Who do you think TC should have moved to accommodate Chartier?

He's a good playmaker in his own right and I think most know what I think of him as a prospect but he isn't as good as the W's ahead of him.

It sucks for him that he didn't make the team but the invite alone was a huge accomplishment. I'm sure he's gonna take this in stride & continue to tear up the WHL (at least after Kelowna's top pairing D return).

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Who do you think TC should have moved to accommodate Chartier?

He's a good playmaker in his own right and I think most know what I think of him as a prospect but he isn't as good as the W's ahead of him.

It sucks for him that he didn't make the team but the invite alone was a huge accomplishment. I'm sure he's gonna take this in stride & continue to tear up the WHL (at least after Kelowna's top pairing D return).

Stalock,
An accomplishment for sure!! Chartier was pushing these highly drafted guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad