Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Chartier scored his 30th goal (assisted by Merkley of course who also scored a pretty goal of his own) of the season in the 1st period vs. Saskatoon.

The 2nd highest goal total in the WHL is 20.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
has someone seen vanier playing lately? how is is skating - and his development in general?

Without getting into too much detail, I had heard he was asked to work on his defensive game and while that seems to have improved a bit this season it's come at the expense of offensive game which hasn't been anywhere close to as good as last season, though he still seems to be a threat on the PP where all of his goals have been scored.

He'll need to figure out how to not sacrifice one for the other if he wants to play at the next level.

I also understand he has been working on his skating but the improvement is minimal from what I've seen.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Kinda disappointed Mueller wasn't selected. Would've been better for him to go there instead of sit in the pressbox.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kinda disappointed Mueller wasn't selected. Would've been better for him to go there instead of sit in the pressbox.

The prelim roster is just that, preliminary and Mueller could always be added later but I'd assume they asked DW and were told he won't released to play in the WJC.

I agree with you though.

wloff

May 25, 2013
stalockrox said:
Mayo8898 said:
Anyone know why Goaldy didn't play today at champions league?
He's injured, think it's "lower body" but I'm not sure.
He missed a couple of games due to illness. Back in action tonight

wloff

May 25, 2013
Annnd Goldie scores 4 minutes into his first game back after the illness. :)

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
-Bank with a nice 1 goal 4 assists +5 performance. On three of the goals he assisted on, he had the only assist, which suggests he might stolen the puck.
-Shadow with 2 goals and an assist.
-Vanier with an assist.
-O'Regan with a hat-trick (2 primarily assisted by Eichel) and an assist. I hope people do not think he is a product of Eichel. His production is getting a HUGE bump, yes, but he is skilled enough to finish ppg or close on this team without him.
- Jake Jackson is having himself a solid season in the BCHL. 14 goals and 34 points in 30 games.

We should draft more from the chl

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/12/05_cornell_getting_back_to_basics.php

One thing lost on the early-season naysayers has been the absence of senior defenseman Joakim Ryan from the lineup. Ryan was injured in the first game of the season.

His return is imminent, perhaps as early as this weekend when the Pioneers come to Lynah Rink. It's not possible to overstate his importance to the Big Red lineup.

"Joakim Ryan could be the best defenseman in college hockey," Schafer said. "And not having him for basically not every game this year — to having all those new guys on the blue line with two new goaltenders ... I'm shocked with that many new guys and two new goaltenders in there (how good the goaltending has been). But they have great competition right now.

"But it will be really nice when Joakim comes back. He's part of the reason we struggled early on with our power play. He's on the ice 25, 26, 27 minutes a game, so taking him out of the lineup it's a bit of an adjustment, but the guys have done well."

Nice kudos

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Chris Tierney is so good he's scoring goals in the MLS Cup final now.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Really entertaining game in London today. Bergman was his usual steady self, he's settled in very nicely on their top pairing.

Arizona has one hell of a player in Domi, he's so much fun to watch.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
No Bergvik in net though. Possible final cuts in my opinion: Lööke, Asplund and Aho.

I didn't think Bergvik had any shot at making the team, it sounds like he's struggling this season.

Aho has been great in international play in the past (and I still can't believe he was passed over in the draft) but even without him that's a pretty great group of d-men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad