Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Is he on Noah's level?

I don't think so but I've only seen him twice and both times were against much older competition.

Lotsa draft eligibles in this tourney for a change. McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Kylington, Rantanen, Saarela, Niku, Zacha, Zboril, Werenski, etc. Could be very fun.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not 100% Sharks related but Josh Morrissey got traded to Kelowna and Chartier is going to score all the goals.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
With no McDavid (inj), Petan, Point, Klimchuk & Duclair (delayed by weather) up front at TC's first practice Chartier is skating between Elie and Baptiste.

Won't really know where they might see Chartier until their next practice assuming those 4 forwards make it.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
With no McDavid (inj), Petan, Point, Klimchuk & Duclair (delayed by weather) up front at TC's first practice Chartier is skating between Elie and Baptiste.

Won't really know where they might see Chartier until their next practice assuming those 4 forwards make it.

And now that everyone has arrived Chartier is centering Klimchuk and Fabbri.

McDavid and Reinhart are locks and with Dickinson (probably a lock as well), Gauthier & Paul as his competition he's going to have to blow TC away to earn a spot.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
UNDmhockey 9:03am via TweetDeck

Tonight’s game in Denver to be carried live in Canada on TSN2: undsports.com/ViewArticle.db… pic.twitter.com/FnwosPLtCK

UND - Gage Ausmus

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
And now that everyone has arrived Chartier is centering Klimchuk and Fabbri.

McDavid and Reinhart are locks and with Dickinson (probably a lock as well), Gauthier & Paul as his competition he's going to have to blow TC away to earn a spot.

Is that because he is a center? Do you think they'd consider moving them to wing.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Rod concussed, timeline not sure

Anyone know why Sadowy didn't play last night? Nothing on Saginaws twitter and website

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Thought I'd give an update on Labanc since I see him play live every week. He's been red hot lately as you know with a 14 game point streak, and using his shot a lot more lately, which is probably one of the best in the league. He's also probably one of our best penalty killers because of how hard he goes after the puck, and he's great on the powerplay as well. I keep seeing constant improvement in all aspects of his game.

I think the sharks got a steal with him. Also might want to check out his shorty against the Rangers last night on the OHL website.

Lastly, here's an article on him written last week:
http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/20...eft-off-us-world-junior-selection-camp-roster

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Is that because he is a center? Do you think they'd consider moving them to wing.

They already have a couple of natural centers playing on the wing so I doubt it.

It sounded like Chartier had a pretty good game yesterday but wasn't as noticeable today (skated between Crouse & Fabbri to start). Also sounds like Gauthier had a very good showing (and I guess Dickinson not so much).

According to Bob McKenzie the first round of cuts will come this afternoon.

Last edited:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
They already have a couple of natural centers playing on the wing so I doubt it.

It sounded like Chartier had a pretty good game yesterday but wasn't as noticeable today (skated between Crouse & Fabbri to start). Also sounds like Gauthier had a very good showing (and I guess Dickinson not so much).

According to Bob McKenzie the first round of cuts will come this afternoon.

fingers-crossed.gif

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Lebanc with another goal and assist today.

Last year he had 11 goals and 24 assists in 65 games
This year he has 15 goals and 32 assists in 29 games.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Based on their trajectories (Rourke / Lebanc) what is the earliest some of you think the big team could see them on the ice?

If everything goes well (right) for both of them I'd say Chartier could see NHL time in 2-3 years and Lebanc in 3-4 years.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
If everything goes well (right) for both of them I'd say Chartier could see NHL time in 2-3 years and Lebanc in 3-4 years.

See, I don't understand how young players are scouted. How can Chartier be the #1 goal scorer in his league and not be ready next year, but other prospects can be expected to play the year they are drafted. I understand there are other things, but the difference just seems so large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad