Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
http://tealpuck.com/2015/04/sharks-prospects-chl-playoffs-round-3/

Round 3 WHL WCF (Kelowna vs Portland) schedule released

Both of the WHL CF's should be great series and Kelowna is going to have their hands full with Portland's top line.

It has nothing to do with SJ prospects but I think the OHL Western Conf finals between Erie and SSM is going to be the best series of the CHL playoffs and if anyone wants to watch some great hockey I highly recommend checking it out.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Sharks won't sign their 2nd pick in 2013, Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-quotidien...62503-pas-de-contrat-pour-paquin-boudreau.php

That's not a surprise.

If he happens to go undrafted in June I do think it would be worth it to take a shot on him with an AHL/ECHL deal.

I think it's a bad idea. He supposedly looked really good early in the season and continued that in the playoffs when he returned from the injury. While still raw, He has a ton of offensive talent. We sign so many guys out of college who will never play at the NHL, why not offer the ELC to Boudreau? Just frustrating...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
That would be a mistake. I say sign him and let him play as an OA.

I was pretty excited about this kid when we drafted him but he has not really shown much of an improvement since then. He was showing some improvement early this season before he got injured.

My understanding is that he needs to be signed to an ELC (the only option). The Sharks do not believe he has done enough to earn that ELC.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
He can still play as an OA (without a NHL contract). That's up to his current team (and their roster - whether they have the OA space and want it).

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chartier scored yesterday, going roof off a feed from Merkley in the loss. He is now on a 4-game goal-scoring streak.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I think it's a bad idea. He supposedly looked really good early in the season and continued that in the playoffs when he returned from the injury. While still raw, He has a ton of offensive talent. We sign so many guys out of college who will never play at the NHL, why not offer the ELC to Boudreau? Just frustrating...

Just looked at the THN Future Watch magazine and noticed they had Boudreau as our #3 prospect. Clearly that is much higher than he should have been but once again I am confused why we wouldn't sign him. After seeing 2 Worcester games this past month, there has to be guys on that team with very little offer in terms of future value, why can't they give Boudreau a chance to develop further? Am I missing something here? Is the minimum value they must pay him high since he was a 2nd round pick and that is part of the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad