Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
FWIW, I thought Bergman was more impressive than Mueller at the rookie scrimmage before the regular season started.

Really hope Bergman cracks the line-up this year. Someone had mentioned playing him and Mueller as a pair. Think that has a lot of potential.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Really hope Bergman cracks the line-up this year. Someone had mentioned playing him and Mueller as a pair. Think that has a lot of potential.

If Bergman is in the NHL next season things have gone horribly wrong.

He's eligible to play in the AHL & I'm guessing he's gonna have a hard time there for a little while.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
If Bergman is in the NHL next season things have gone horribly wrong.

He's eligible to play in the AHL & I'm guessing he's gonna have a hard time there for a little while.

What's wrong with Bergman? Everything I have heard/seen has been overwhelmingly positive. I am just a dude behind a keyboard so I could be completely off, but my understanding was that Bergman > DeMelo > Abeltshauser > The Rest. And I don't think Abeltshauser is gonna make the NHL if he can't even stay in the AHL line-up.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
What's wrong with Bergman? Everything I have heard/seen has been overwhelmingly positive. I am just a dude behind a keyboard so I could be completely off, but my understanding was that Bergman > DeMelo > Abeltshauser > The Rest. And I don't think Abeltshauser is gonna make the NHL if he can't even stay in the AHL line-up.

I wouldn't say overwhelmingly positive, he's been pretty good playing against mostly teenagers but he's not close to being ready for NHL minutes in my opinion.

Rushing prospects is never a good idea and unless SJ moves Tennyson, Burns or Braun there isn't a spot for Bergman.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Having Mueller start in the AHL would be a very smart move but I'd be surprised to see it happen.

I'm just kind of spitballing but since the AHL squad will be in SJ and Mueller isn't quite ready for a full time gig yet and couldn't play there this year that they would let him start there next year. It helps that Tennyson is on a one way next year and looks like a #6 nhl dman to me.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm just kind of spitballing but since the AHL squad will be in SJ and Mueller isn't quite ready for a full time gig yet and couldn't play there this year that they would let him start there next year. It helps that Tennyson is on a one way next year and looks like a #6 nhl dman to me.
They play different sides.

The 3 LD for next year (as of right now) are Vlasic, Dillon & Mueller unless they suddenly decide to like KA again.

I do agree with you though, I think time in the AHL would be good for Mueller.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Ah okay. Would a bottom pair of Tennyson/Mueller work? I'm not sure.

Honestly, I think they would be ok if they were sheltered and it would be difficult to be much worse than the bottom pairing was for much of this season.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Honestly, I think they would be ok if they were sheltered and it would be difficult to be much worse than the bottom pairing was for much of this season.

At least they can both skate. I think Joakim Ryan will be a player to watch going forward.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I wouldn't say overwhelmingly positive, he's been pretty good playing against mostly teenagers but he's not close to being ready for NHL minutes in my opinion.

Rushing prospects is never a good idea and unless SJ moves Tennyson, Burns or Braun there isn't a spot for Bergman.

Here is my hope for next season:

Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Burns
Mueller - Bergman

Irwin

Better yet if they sell high on Burns and get someone else into there.

I think Irwin's performance over the last few weeks earned him a re-up and Hannan's spot.

Tennyson is too old to really invest in. I know some will disagree, but 24 is really late to start your NHL career. Fedun is even older. Same with Stollery. Maybe Ryan or DeMelo will surprise after the off-season, but they have far less upside than Bergman. KA is a wash-out.

Excluding a trade, I am not sure there are any other realistic options.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Here is my hope for next season:

Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Burns
Mueller - Bergman

Irwin

Better yet if they sell high on Burns and get someone else into there.

I think Irwin's performance over the last few weeks earned him a re-up and Hannan's spot.

Tennyson is too old to really invest in. I know some will disagree, but 24 is really late to start your NHL career. Fedun is even older. Same with Stollery. Maybe Ryan or DeMelo will surprise after the off-season, but they have far less upside than Bergman. KA is a wash-out.

Excluding a trade, I am not sure there are any other realistic options.

Bergman is not NHL ready. Tennyson is a much more appealing option than him.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
At least they can both skate. I think Joakim Ryan will be a player to watch going forward.

I've liked Ryan for a while and have high hopes for him, he hasn't disappointed in Worcester so far. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he pushes for a spot next season.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I haven't followed Fedun, but he finished college, spent 2 years in the AHL and now on to the NHL. I really like what I saw. If he earns a position I'll have no problem with it.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I haven't followed Fedun, but he finished college, spent 2 years in the AHL and now on to the NHL. I really like what I saw. If he earns a position I'll have no problem with it.

Barring a trade for a d-man the top 6 is probably set for next season and I would love to re-sign Fedun as a depth d-man. I've liked what I've seen from him a lot.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Fedun would have made the NHL earlier but he had that nasty injury. I think the team should bring him back. So next year you'll have two spots with a billion defenseman gunning for them. As it stands right now anyway.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007

Was at Sharks season ticket holder reception a few days ago for Q&A with Wilson. DW is very high on DeMelo and said he expects DeMelo to see significant NHL time next season. Called him a right handed version of Vlasic. Yes, really. :shakehead

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

If Tennyson was gonna make the NHL, he would be playing right now. They have Stollery and Fedun up because they don't think he is worth investing in. These games would be the perfect time to give him a bit of seasoning - but they would rather give the ice time to a 26 and 27 y/o with almost no upside over investing more into Tennyson. I don't know if it is DW, TMac or who ever else - but the Sharks don't want what Tenner is selling.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
If Tennyson was gonna make the NHL, he would be playing right now. They have Stollery and Fedun up because they don't think he is worth investing in. These games would be the perfect time to give him a bit of seasoning - but they would rather give the ice time to a 26 and 27 y/o with almost no upside over investing more into Tennyson. I don't know if it is DW, TMac or who ever else - but the Sharks don't want what Tenner is selling.

Its more about rewarding guys they are about to let go for their hard work rather than thinking they are actually NHL regulars. Fedun has #5-6 upside but Stollery is a depth guy.

This gives Tennyson an option to play more minutes in the AHL while these guys are up. I'd rather have him down there developing than up here playing limited minutes.

I have no idea what this org is doing with Abeltshauser. I honestly think they want to slip him through waivers next year to continue to develop so they are making him as unappealing as possible. Maybe they've given up on him, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad