Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If he re-enters the draft do the Sharks get anything for having drafting him and then him going back in? A compensatory pick of some kind? Or is that draft pick essentially wasted?

I think only 1st rounders get compensation picks.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Boudreau with a goal today. Looks like his team will be eliminated though. Down 2-1 in the 3rd period of game 5 and 3-1 in the series.

They lost 4-1. Now we wait to see if Boudreau is signed, or re-enters the draft. Is their a hard date that he must be signed by?

By June 1 or back to draft.

If he re-enters the draft do the Sharks get anything for having drafting him and then him going back in? A compensatory pick of some kind? Or is that draft pick essentially wasted?

I think only 1st rounders get compensation picks.

Compensatory picks for not signing 1st round draft picks are the corresponding slot in 2nd round.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4946951

Barrie (Labanc) vs North Bay to start OHL 2nd round series 4/10

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Then he could come to Worchester and destroy with Goldy! :handclap::nod::yo:

It's feasible that Worcester could end up with a lot of the Sharks' top prospects for their playoff run. Tierney will be back down soon as well.

Jevpalov's is down 4-0 now, so I think that's it for the Armada.

It's over, they lost 4-1. I wonder how long it will take for Jevpalovs to head to Worcester.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Has anyone been following London Knights this year? Bergman was their leading D-man with 42 points but they are a pretty loaded team so not sure if that really tells us anything about him. And holy crap .. Marner's stats are unreal.

Regular Season: 63GP 44G 82A 126PTS
Playoffs: 6GP 8G 7A 15PTS

Because 2PPG in the regular season was not enough, he stepped it up to 2.5PPG in the playoffs .. :D

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Has anyone been following London Knights this year? Bergman was their leading D-man with 42 points but they are a pretty loaded team so not sure if that really tells us anything about him. And holy crap .. Marner's stats are unreal.

Because 2PPG in the regular season was not enough, he stepped it up to 2.5PPG in the playoffs .. :D

I've watched quite a bit of London this year and yes, Marner is unreal.

Most of Bergman's production has come on the PP but he is used as London's #1 d-man and has been pretty good this season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I've watched quite a bit of London this year and yes, Marner is unreal.

Most of Bergman's production has come on the PP but he is used as London's #1 d-man and has been pretty good this season.

Ah thanks. So from someone who has seen Bergman a bit, how would you compare him and Mueller. Not at this time but from where you see them down the road in say another 2-3 years in the NHL? Do you think/feel Bergman ends up being a better player?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Ah thanks. So from someone who has seen Bergman a bit, how would you compare him and Mueller. Not at this time but from where you see them down the road in say another 2-3 years in the NHL? Do you think/feel Bergman ends up being a better player?

It's hard to tell right now. They both look to me like they could top out as 2nd pairing guys, one that can contribute on the PP and the other in tough minutes and on the PK but both have quite a ways to go to get to that point.

They're very, very different players and really, if they both keep progressing they could end up being a pretty good pairing.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Marner is so ******* good. I'd basically kill to have him on the Sharks, he's exactly the injection of talent and skill we so desperately need. I've been high on Marner since last year, when he basically put up a PPG at even strength while playing in a depth role.

It's hard to tell right now. They both look to me like they could top out as 2nd pairing guys, one that can contribute on the PP and the other in tough minutes and on the PK but both have quite a ways to go to get to that point.

They're very, very different players and really, if they both keep progressing they could end up being a pretty good pairing.

I think a Mueller-Bergman third pairing would be a very good case scenario. I think one of his org's big failings in recent years has been skimping on the bottom pairing defenseman. I actually think our top-4 (Vlasic, Braun, Burns, Dillon) is pretty okay. It's the bottom pair, where the Sharks seem to think icing two #7 defensemen will cut it.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
Marner is so ******* good. I'd basically kill to have him on the Sharks, he's exactly the injection of talent and skill we so desperately need. I've been high on Marner since last year, when he basically put up a PPG at even strength while playing in a depth role.

I think a Mueller-Bergman third pairing would be a very good case scenario. I think one of his org's big failings in recent years has been skimping on the bottom pairing defenseman. I actually think our top-4 (Vlasic, Braun, Burns, Dillon) is pretty okay. It's the bottom pair, where the Sharks seem to think icing two #7 defensemen will cut it.

We should start fake rumors about him so he drops in the draft.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
The one realistic pick I want us to make is Mathew Barzal. I really like his game and that would be a good value pick.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I think you can say that about SJ and depth in general (#9-13 F & #5-7 D).

On a side note I'm really excited for the Erie v. London series!

Also interested to see how Ausmus fares tonight against the Eichel line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad