Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Since Pinto left UND, the Sens have played 220 games. Over that 220 games, they are 18-8-2 when all of Norris, Stuetzle and Pinto are dressed. That obviously includes 2-0-1 this season.

I think that bodes pretty well for the future if those 3 can remain healthy

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Since Pinto left UND, the Sens have played 220 games. Over that 220 games, they are 18-8-2 when all of Norris, Stuetzle and Pinto are dressed. That obviously includes 2-0-1 this season.

I think that bodes pretty well for the future if those 3 can remain healthy
Now add in Greig and I think it's even more impressive!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Another great game from Pinto in all areas of the ice.

And no hesitation in standing up for our sweet angel Ridly Grieg.

Love this kid.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Pinto was awesome last night. Not sure if it was in the 2nd or 3rd period, but at one point he manhandled Auston Matthews into the boards. Dare I say, he might eventually become our number 1 center. Stutzle is a skilled playmaker but he's somewhat one dimensional whereas Pinto is meat and potatoes jack of all trades. Norris is more in the mold of Pinto but not quite as physically imposing... close though. We have an embarrassment of riches down the middle. As Jason York points out, they're young and inexperienced but all three have tremendous potential. Thank you Pierre Dorion. You did some good things.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
He’s going to get paid. I hope we get him on a reasonable bridge or long term value contract, but the latter seems unlikely. We know he can play like this, it’s not a flash in the pan. The last full season he cooled off after a similar start though, but that was when he was moved up the lineup due to injury as a rookie.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pinto was awesome last night. Not sure if it was in the 2nd or 3rd period, but at one point he manhandled Auston Matthews into the boards. Dare I say, he might eventually become our number 1 center. Stutzle is a skilled playmaker but he's somewhat one dimensional whereas Pinto is meat and potatoes jack of all trades. Norris is more in the mold of Pinto but not quite as physically imposing... close though. We have an embarrassment of riches down the middle. As Jason York points out, they're young and inexperienced but all three have tremendous potential. Thank you Pierre Dorion. You did some good things.
He put on a clinic for a C defensively; Should be clipped and played for the other C's looking for more ice time .. And ended up with 3 1g 2a .

1707763320763.png

#STUD

Small sample this year acknowledged
7gp 3g 4a 7pts +7 ; 62.5 FO% (HockeyReference)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He’s going to get paid. I hope we get him on a reasonable bridge or long term value contract, but the latter seems unlikely. We know he can play like this, it’s not a flash in the pan. The last full season he cooled off after a similar start though, but that was when he was moved up the lineup due to injury as a rookie.
Bridge at a lower cap hit is fine tbh. Keeps guys motivated too

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Does Pinto's progression make it easier to slide norris to the wing?

Imo pinto at 2 with his defensive accumen is pretty valuable for this team.....also allows Ridley to take that 3c spot

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Imo pinto at 2 with his defensive accumen is pretty valuable for this team.....also allows Ridley to take that 3c spot
Not sure if Norris would be good enough of a winger to live up to his salary, but wouldn't hurt to try as he gets healthier. Having more C depth always helps

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure if Norris would be good enough of a winger to live up to his salary, but wouldn't hurt to try as he gets healthier. Having more C depth always helps
Defense maybe?

I think he'd be fine on the wing. Could open up more shooting ops for him. I'm hoping his goal gives him a lift. I think he has to up his intensity a tick and engage physically more. I am willing to be patient for now. Greig Pinto combo is great atm.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

I like Norris at C, I think he’s smart and does a lot of little things well. Imo he’s played really well defensively since coming back from his shorter injury in Jan, just needs to get going offensively.

We've seen the growing pains with these guys, I don’t see the value in going through that with Greig if you don’t have to and you ideally want the team to compete now. Let him play wing, he’s great with Pinto. If Norris continues to struggle into next year then maybe you try it out, but I think your best bet is running with Stützle/Norris/Pinto at C, in whatever order they’re in. They all get their ice time, I don’t think the line they play on matters much.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Whoa - Shane Pinto - you are looking more & more like a top line centre every game. Most ice time of all forwards. Ott with 4 good centres on their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad