What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Looked it up, I want that on my list too!

There is this company that does group tours and there are three big tours they do that I would like to do:

1. On my own I would take the trans Siberian from Moscow to Beijing via Mongolia. Then I would join the tour that goes from Beijing, through Western China, the Central Asian countries, Iran, the Caucuses, and ends in Istanbul.

2. Alaska down through Canada, the US, Mexico, Central America, down to the tip of South America and back up to Rio.

3. Pretty much a round trip through Africa.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sadly, it’s not all that surprising.
I'm a little surprised that racist tweets are enough to cancel a popular show these days, though not at all disapointed. It's not like ABC didn't know who Rosanne was when they started the show, I guess they hoped she'd execise some restraint while the show was running.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Am I the only one who views being called an Ape or Neanderthal a compliment? I mean, we are all Great Apes (I may be the greatest of them all), and 23andme says I am in the top 8% most Neanderthalic people in the world.

Clearly, these are great traits. I think we need to end anti-Ape stigma.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Am I the only one who views being called an Ape or Neanderthal a compliment? I mean, we are all Great Apes (I may be the greatest of them all), and 23andme says I am in the top 8% most Neanderthalic people in the world.

Clearly, these are great traits. I think we need to end anti-Ape stigma.

It's the history of the metaphor that's steeped in racism, but if you want to try and take it back, be my guest. Didn't work out so well in clerks 2 though...

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
It's the history of the metaphor that's steeped in racism, but if you want to try and take it back, be my guest. Didn't work out so well in clerks 2 though...

We have to take it back together... Racism is a fight we must all participate in to defeat. We'll never be able to change the past, but we can change the future together. As Apes.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I like my MPP, but not the party he represents. I want to vote for another party, but I don't know/like the person representing the party in my riding. What to do?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I like my MPP, but not the party he represents. I want to vote for another party, but I don't know/like the person representing the party in my riding. What to do?

To answer that qeustion I need to know what party they're both from :naughty:

edited to add: but I guess on a general level it also depends whether you feel more affected by local issues or province-wide issues. i.e. if you have kids, you might be more concerned over the direction education is taking, etc.

Reactions: DrEasy

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So guys, I just made a dentist's appointment.

For the first time in almost 20 years!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Good for the dentist!

I figure I couldn't have more than like... three cavities :cool: mayyybe four

The dental system's kind of weird here in that theoretetically basic things are covered by health insurance, but most dentists charge extra anyways and the prices tend to vary from dentist to dentist. So generally cheaper dentists that do almost everything on insurance aren't taking new patients and ones that are taking new patients tend to charge an arm and a leg. Hopefully I've found one inbetween that's just around the corner from me as well..

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Well, the Rosanne rebout didn't last long. Probably not the best idea for the shows star to make racist tweets.
What was the racist tweet anyway?

The nazi stuff was the offensive stuff if anything. Assuming it wasn’t true. I don’t know anything about him.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I figure I couldn't have more than like... three cavities :cool: mayyybe four

The dental system's kind of weird here in that theoretetically basic things are covered by health insurance, but most dentists charge extra anyways and the prices tend to vary from dentist to dentist. So generally cheaper dentists that do almost everything on insurance aren't taking new patients and ones that are taking new patients tend to charge an arm and a leg. Hopefully I've found one inbetween that's just around the corner from me as well..

The Ontario Dental Society provides a guide to all dentists in the province that details price ranges for every service. They don't really have they authority to enforce it, but as far as I can tell, damn near all dentists stick to the guidelines. The thing is, nothing has a set price. There's a range for everything. Some dentists choose to stick to the top of the range for everything. Other's don't.

source: My father was a dentist and was on the board for the Ontario Dental Society.

fun fact: He didn't like the dentists who charged at the top of the range for services.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
i agree with your point except here. maybe "online" because i feel more males tend to joing discussion boards and what not (could be wrong) but girls absolutely oggle.. and talk and will watch shows, movies, whatever simply because a man is attrractive (not saying all girls. im saying SAME AMOUNT of girls as guys)

I'll stick with Sports TV (even though I think it's like this across the board for most entertainment jobs), but I think the balance between physical requirements for male and females is ridiculous, and borderline hilarious. All female sports TV people are young and good looking. It's basically a job requirement without actually being an official requirement.

Then you have dudes like Gord Miller and Elliot Friedman who look like a horse kicked them square in the face and you realize that there's no chance in hell that a woman who is as ugly as those guys would ever get a job on TV.

Reactions: CanadianHockey

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Fun fact: your dad seems like a decent guy.

I remember when he was tabbed to do a presentation at the big annual meeting. He didn't want to do anything serious, so he did his entire presentation on dental humour.

His reasoning was that every presentation at these things bores people to sleep, so why not do it?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I like this talk of travel though. I was just in southern France and northern Italy.

Was my 2nd time in France and first in Italy. I recommend both for sure. The store hours are whacky though, especially in Italy. They close for lunch, but don't have signs on the doors for when they'll open again, so you keep going back to find locked doors. Usually by 3:30 places are open again though.

In Italy, we found this little hole in the wall restaurant/deli and ordered 2 pizzas. It was the best pizza you'll ever stuff into your face hole. It was glorious. This was at 5:30pm on a Sunday. The place was never open again for the remaining 4 days we were there. No sign on the door. Nothing. And all I wanted was to have more of that pizza!

*tear rolls down cheek

Also, in Italy I drank as much cappuccino as I could find, and across the board the cheap places (like 1.20 - 1.50 euros) were incredible. It was like my taste buds were having a fully consensual orgy with the coffee. Then the fancy places that charged me 5 or 6 euros for a cappuccino were almost all disappointments.

Dream location for me is still Fiji. Pictures of those islands still look like paradise to me.

Faroe and Socotra Islands look awesome though! I've never heard of Socotra before either.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The Ontario Dental Society provides a guide to all dentists in the province that details price ranges for every service. They don't really have they authority to enforce it, but as far as I can tell, damn near all dentists stick to the guidelines. The thing is, nothing has a set price. There's a range for everything. Some dentists choose to stick to the top of the range for everything. Other's don't.

source: My father was a dentist and was on the board for the Ontario Dental Society.

fun fact: He didn't like the dentists who charged at the top of the range for services.

Fun fact: I live in the Czech Republic! :wg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad