OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Haha I approve this title... although I thought I should stop the baby talk!

Instead I made about 300 cookies today. Because I'm an idiot and used a cup instead of a 1/4c thus quadrupling my recipe.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
:laugh:
We should start a baby pool for HIPA!
Delivery date, size, length?

Also, send me some cookies then! Or tell me when/where I can pick them up!
Also also, Bonk, did you ever decide if Guelph was a viable living option?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Re: baby named King

I had customers at work the other day who named their kid Diesel. I wonder if they wanted a truck instead of a son.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Re: baby named King

I had customers at work the other day who named their kid Diesel. I wonder if they wanted a truck instead of a son.

diesel_10_near_final_render_by_percyrosalina-d9ap7tu.png

Maybe they were just really big fans of the Thomas the Tank Engine show.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
:laugh:
We should start a baby pool for HIPA!
Delivery date, size, length?

Also, send me some cookies then! Or tell me when/where I can pick them up!
Also also, Bonk, did you ever decide if Guelph was a viable living option?

They are pretty damn delicious! Although if you have nut allergies... no cookies for you!

They are available any time... froze half for when I'm up late and want a cookie!

And re: names... I don't get the obsession with silly names. I get names that are cultural that may be unusual for some. But do ppl not think of the fact that a kid will be an adult one day? I know a King, Starr, Sage, Gala, Oakley, Winslet all within the 50 people in my little mom group.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Did you ever decide on a name?
Also, no allergies here! So ship some my way! Caeldanielle will appreciate too! :D

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Did you ever decide on a name?
Also, no allergies here! So ship some my way! Caeldanielle will appreciate too! :D

Hopefully you are also ok with gluten and unhealthy. Lol.

I can drop some off when I go back to my parents next week!

And no name decided yet... I like one more and he likes one more. I figure we can rock, paper, scissors it when the baby is born and just go with it!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Any time we have friends or family visit she's a perfect angel.

Just gotta have company over all the time then! But really, I think people have a tendency to cut themselves off a lot once they have a baby and want to devote themselves to it entirely but paradoxically enough babies (and even kids really) seem to be more self-sufficient when there's lots of people around all doing other things. Maybe adults too again actually :laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dunkirk was amazeballs

Yeah, loved it. It was absolutely intense - they amped your adrenaline up to 11 early on, and kept it there the entire film.

Speaking of really good intense movies, did anyone see Whiplash? An absolutely fantastic movie, but anther example of a film where you might forget to breathe because you're so invested in it from the very start and it doesn't let go until the credits roll.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I left Dunkirk with a headache and not thinking about the movie I just saw. I found it boring at times. I didn't give a **** about the characters.

3/5 watch on Netflix where you can control the volume.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
diesel_10_near_final_render_by_percyrosalina-d9ap7tu.png

Maybe they were just really big fans of the Thomas the Tank Engine show.

Not a word of a lie but my sister's dog is named after Belle from that show. My nephew used to be a fan of the show. When they got the dog my nephew got to name her and Belle was its name.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Definitely not a mainstream appeal movie.

So potentially good?
(Surprising how few people pay attention to the directors of movies. Like not caring who a musical artist is before buying their album. I'm saying one of the best directors we have is likely going to make a good movie here. Not guaranteed but pretty good track record. If you didn't like his previous movies.....
And I get that this one is different)

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Dunkirk was great in its own way. The action scenes were awesome and the way it was presented was cool.

My only gripe is if you didn't know about Dunkirk beforehand, you wouldn't really understand what it really was from that movie. The scale and the whole logistics of the plan were never really explained all that much.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Yeah, loved it. It was absolutely intense - they amped your adrenaline up to 11 early on, and kept it there the entire film.

Speaking of really good intense movies, did anyone see Whiplash? An absolutely fantastic movie, but anther example of a film where you might forget to breathe because you're so invested in it from the very start and it doesn't let go until the credits roll.

Incredibly intense movie. I think I gripped my chair from start to finish.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Tonight is like the best night of the summer... our annual work Indian food party!

A friend from work basically invites everyone over and cooks insane amounts of authentic Indian food... it is so damn good I can't wait! Bring on the delicious and spicy food!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just on my way back from GP Metz (Magic the Gatherig tournament).

An entire 3-day weekend with nerds who don't practice proper hygene, in a confererence center without air conditioning, in 35 degree weather... was an experience.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I left Dunkirk with a headache and not thinking about the movie I just saw. I found it boring at times. I didn't give a **** about the characters.

3/5 watch on Netflix where you can control the volume.

I couldn't disagree more. Dunkirk isn't a character exploration., if it was there would have been much more dialogue. The only real chRacter development was with the sailor who had sever ptsd. The rest of the movie was about showing what happened from multiple points of view.

Dunkirk is visually striking. The cinematography is absolutely top notch. The sound effects and editing were absolutely incredible. It's a movie that need a to be experienced on the biggest screen with the loudest speakers in town.

The editing was fantastic. Classic non linear story telling from Nolan.

Not his best movie by any means, but the best war movie since saving private Ryan. And technically one of the best in recent memory.

An absolute must watch in my opinion.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Any thin(/skinny) folks out there looking for inspiration to gain a little size.....(not a vegan message, just happens to be what I watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->