OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVIV - Roman Numerals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Lol.

I ***** at my dad all the time his generation sucks ass aka the boomer generation.

Yeah but if you look back at the last 3 decades or so there's always been articles "oh this young generation is the worst. All selfish and entitled." and the writer is always some grey haired **** who's clearly a baby boomer.

It must have been so tough on them having to enter the best job market in world history. Lowering their own taxes, running up debt, etc...

I think Abattoir is remembering wrong - it's baby boomers who are also now inheriting the largest amount of wealth in world history.

Literally everything has gone right for that generation. You'd think they'd be a little humble but instead a large and vocal portion mock younger generations for not having horseshoes stuck up their ***** like the boomers.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yes I totally agree. There's also those funny boomer memes. Basically walking out with a high school diploma and working at a factory doing mindless work and affording a house and a car in a couple years and then *****ing at us for being entitled.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Baby boomers, man.

The "ME" generation from the cradle to the grave.

This. So much this.

And they have the nerve to blame the millennial kids for everything. I think all of us Xers, Ys, and millennials would've loved to pay off university in 1 or 2 summers.....instead of most of my former classmates just paying off university now in their 40s.

Watching BBC live coverage.

Their political analysis is so much more fun to watch than our analysis here in Canada for our election coverage.

Edit: ROFL, they interview a member of the SNP (Scottish National Party). "Does the result of this vote matter change the goals for Scottish independence?" "No, Scottish independence is always on the table no matter what the results are!"

I love the SNP, they are even more delusional than Quebec separatists.

As someon with Scottish heritage, I can say with 100% certainty, that we are definitely well beyond anyone else in the 'bat**** crazy' arena. And that's the way we like it. :laugh: :yo: :handclap:

But yes, one thing I would recommend to any young person out there....the trades. You will always need plumbers, electricians, nurses, construction workers, etc. It's not glamorous, but its guaranteed work, the opportunity to eventually own your own business, and most of it is pretty good money for much lower educational costs (some trades you'll have potential employers even help cover costs in exchange for guaranteed apprenticeship). If I was younger and knew what I know now....damn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad