OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVIV - Roman Numerals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I always figured that whoever does the ringing in of your empties does a '2 for him, 1 for me' count since I think almost no one really keeps track of what they should get in terms of a return.

I can't keep straight what the different bottle and can types are for deposits anymore.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
So I decided to scrap the $400 Subaru, and lucked out and bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 from my dad's friend, whose father in-law passed away. Great mileage, my dad checked it out (mechanic), and it's got no real issues. Super stoked. Got it for $1,500. Usually go for $4k+.

After all the paperwork for the post-mortem transfers, I should be able to take my baby home tomorrow.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as take her home.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
So I decided to scrap the $400 Subaru, and lucked out and bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 from my dad's friend, whose father in-law passed away. Great mileage, my dad checked it out (mechanic), and it's got no real issues. Super stoked. Got it for $1,500. Usually go for $4k+.

After all the paperwork for the post-mortem transfers, I should be able to take my baby home tomorrow.

So fly. So G6.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

You're movin' up in the world! :thumbu:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Three weeks away from the wedding!
Trying to figure out seating plans is a pain...

Also trying to figure out how both her brother and sister are going to crash at our place for like a week beforehand is going to be interesting considering we only have one spare room and it's technically the cat's room...

Spending my long weekend doing things like making a functional guest room, and putting up some new drapes, and recaulking the shower, and other random houselike bits while everyone I know is going off camping :(

Had to turn down like three invites!

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Three weeks away from the wedding!
Trying to figure out seating plans is a pain...

Also trying to figure out how both her brother and sister are going to crash at our place for like a week beforehand is going to be interesting considering we only have one spare room and it's technically the cat's room...

Spending my long weekend doing things like making a functional guest room, and putting up some new drapes, and recaulking the shower, and other random houselike bits while everyone I know is going off camping :(

Had to turn down like three invites!

Weddings are a tough go but always worth it in the end! 'Grats and best wishes to the happy couple!:yo:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I have to drive three hours to a destination wedding that I am in he day after I come back from San Fran for work. I'm a bad friend because We have to rent tuxes and its $200 then the hotel is $200 a night for two nights. Then a $100 gift and I'm up to $500 on this goddamn wedding.

Plus I've been ranting with the tux because we didn't rentt shoes and he's just like wear whatever shoes you want and then he texts out a week later we all need brown shoes. Of course I don't have brown shoes.

My wedding will be meet at me at the courthouse if you feel like it and wear pajamas if you want I don't care.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
I have to drive three hours to a destination wedding that I am in he day after I come back from San Fran for work. I'm a bad friend because We have to rent tuxes and its $200 then the hotel is $200 a night for two nights. Then a $100 gift and I'm up to $500 on this goddamn wedding.

Plus I've been ranting with the tux because we didn't rentt shoes and he's just like wear whatever shoes you want and then he texts out a week later we all need brown shoes. Of course I don't have brown shoes.

My wedding will be meet at me at the courthouse if you feel like it and wear pajamas if you want I don't care.

lol
I'm guessing the soon to be wife passed along the 'suggestion' of matching shoes in the end.

All in all 3hrs, $500 and a new pair of shoes is a pretty good deal for a 'destination wedding' these days. Just be glad there's no far away mountain-top to climb or rehearsed dance number to preform. :laugh:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I just told my guys to wear black suits. I got them the ties and cufflinks (star wars themed!) and shirts to wear.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Black suits are a safe bet as long as you're inviting guys with a some-what normal fashion sense/any level of self-awareness. Was told my sun-stained suit jacket was an embarrassment and pretty much ruined prom experience for her.... :laugh: Live and learn I guess.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
lol
I'm guessing the soon to be wife passed along the 'suggestion' of matching shoes in the end.

All in all 3hrs, $500 and a new pair of shoes is a pretty good deal for a 'destination wedding' these days. Just be glad there's no far away mountain-top to climb or rehearsed dance number to preform. :laugh:

I assume so too but in good friends with both of them and honestly he's more uptight than her song might be his doing. He's normally cool but his family his Dutch weirdo conservative so he acts weird around them I've noticed. Completely different than when he's with friends.

Here in Michigan the west side of the state is known as Dutch weirdo conservative. No alcohol rules for a lot of people who live there very proper and religious. etc. it's a big tourist area though so they do serve alcohol and stuff to cater to everyone. I mean the west side of Michigan is a huge microbrew area as well so it's a weird mix. Absolutely beautiful part of the state though.

This wedding will be funny because his family is that Dutch conservative and her family is Serbian party all night family style. Can't wait to see the clash!

Edit: bored at the airport typing on my phone so I'm sure this is littered with bad grammar and typos.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
I assume so too but in good friends with both of them and honestly he's more uptight than her song might be his doing. He's normally cool but his family his Dutch weirdo conservative so he acts weird around them I've noticed. Completely different than when he's with friends.

Here in Michigan the west side of the state is known as Dutch weirdo conservative. No alcohol rules for a lot of people who live there very proper and religious. etc. it's a big tourist area though so they do serve alcohol and stuff to cater to everyone. I mean the west side of Michigan is a huge microbrew area as well so it's a weird mix. Absolutely beautiful part of the state though.

This wedding will be funny because his family is that Dutch conservative and her family is Serbian party all night family style. Can't wait to see the clash!

Edit: bored at the airport typing on my phone so I'm sure this is littered with bad grammar and typos.

Should be interesting for sure...:laugh: Completely understand her side of the coin -denying the standard celebratory shot of Wódka may as well be a thick gob in the face on my side of the family. And while I'm sure there's some kind of standard code of dress from my relatives, they always seem to forget about it early enough on and still manage to have a blast .:laugh:

Marinated herring tho?

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Gogol Bordello puts on an amazing live show.

Or at least they used to ten years ago...

Oh, they still do. Though I was too busy baking in the Sun's full glory to see their early-afternoon show last year at Montebello - only got to hear it in the background. Wholly regretful.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Just be glad you're not a girl.

You get stuck with a hideous, shows that are utterly uncomfortable, have to throw wedding showers, other random parties and bachelorette. Then usually have to help set up and take down and pay for hair and makeup.

Typically you spend $700-800 in clothing items alone.

And you have to deal with crazy brides!

The older I get the less I give a crap about a wedding. But I would love a party... and that's what makes it hard!

Having the housewarming party tonight and I really spent more than I should have.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Should be interesting for sure...:laugh: Completely understand her side of the coin -denying the standard celebratory shot of Wódka may as well be a thick gob in the face on my side of the family. And while I'm sure there's some kind of standard code of dress from my relatives, they always seem to forget about it early enough on and still manage to have a blast .:laugh:

Marinated herring tho?

My brothers wedding was like that. My Mennonite non-drinking extended family and my brothers wife's Italian party family.

It ended up actually being amazing

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah I feel like I am missing out on all these random parties that are associated with weddings, but I really don't care and my friends are too busy to organize lol.
We're all working more than 40h a week on different shifts and most of them have kids.

And her friends are all entirely out of town.

I think we might try to organize a night in Niagara Falls the weekend before just to throw out an open invite and get our dance on.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I feel less and less excited about the new X-Men movie the more they show that Lawrence's role in it is very prominent. Not a fan of her taking over Xavier's lead, and her delivery of the lines is very stiff. I just don't buy her as that kind of character.

Hopefully it's just the advertising that's giving me that impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad